Puzz tries again.. this time with claws... My DMP Journey. I will get debt free...

Comments

• Puzzcat
    Puzzcat Posts: 4,200 Forumite
    HSthanks-37.gif

It is a funny old time of year this new year business.. Personally I don't like NYE, just waant to wind forward and start the new year... Which of course is what I do...!!!

So I would like to say Thank You.. to you all.... to MSE.. and to Stepchange.. without you all I wouldn't be in the place I am now.. and that is a pretty good place...!!

I am now 15 months into my long.. dmp.. But.. i'm :D...My debts are now down by nearly 10K.. that includes payments for my family loan... still a long way to go, but do you know something.. the journey so far hasn't been bad at all and I've met some lovely people on the way..!!

So to 2015.... I wish you all health, wealth and happiness. and lots of hope.. without hope we have nothing.. I have lots of hope...!!!

I have lots of personal goals, many the same as last year.... but who knows if you don't keep trying then you'll never succeed..

Other than money saving and debt busting there is of course the losing weight and getting fit goals... Now I actually only weigh 1lb.. yes 1lb more than I did this time last year... but that is an extra 1 that i will need to lose.. so...

Treadmill dusted off and if this silly cold does one, the trainers will be joining it tomorrow.. failing that I am starting my NY in earnest on the 5th when work/school life gets back to usual.. I hope you will be joining me to keep me on the straight and narrow...

I shall be back tomorrow with my plans....

Hope you all have a lovely NYE whatever you are doing.. I will raise a glass to you.. long before midnight mind...!!!
    HS1NY1.gif

Much Love
    Puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109
    I love my dmp started in Nov 13 with SC. Self Managed 2016 57% done
    £60062/25384.84 - 13222.60k UE

MY DIARY
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4768685
  • Thank you. Enjoy spending your evening as you want. Here's to a great 2015 for us all
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • A very Happy, healthy and prosperous New Year to you Puzz!HS1NY1.gif

I've enjoyed reading your posts here and on other threads - here's to a debt-busting 2015!

Ellie xx
  • Puzz I am with you on all counts. All the best xx
    5 Year plan. April 2020 to June 2025- CC and mortgage free by time I'm 60
    Currently CC £23,674.36 /£14,895.41/£14315.42
    Mortgage £28,214.65/ £26,254.71/ £25,746.43
    By end 2020 I want CC at £ 19,000.00.
    By end 2021 I want CC at £10,000.00
  • Morning Puzz,

Hope you had a good New Years Eve. It was our first spent at home on our own in over 15 years. I have now learnt that watching fireworks on the TV is pretty rubbish :rotfl:. Doesn't really have the same affect. But hey ho....I was very glad to be in.
    I hate the forced celebrations, which usually leave me feeling more than a little sick the next morning. Mostly from the amount of money that has been spent rather than excess of alcohol. :)

So onto 2015..........

You were so right about having hope..without hope I think we don't have much at all.

This website and you marvelous people are a huge well of hope.. and we drink from it every day to keep us going.

I can't wait to hear your plans and goals for this year.

I will definitely be along for the ride :beer:
  • Puzzcat
    Morning Puzz,

Hope you had a good New Years Eve. It was our first spent at home on our own in over 15 years. I have now learnt that watching fireworks on the TV is pretty rubbish :rotfl:. Doesn't really have the same affect. But hey ho....I was very glad to be in.
    I hate the forced celebrations, which usually leave me feeling more than a little sick the next morning. Mostly from the amount of money that has been spent rather than excess of alcohol. :)

So onto 2015..........

You were so right about having hope..without hope I think we don't have much at all.

This website and you marvelous people are a huge well of hope.. and we drink from it every day to keep us going.

I can't wait to hear your plans and goals for this year.

I will definitely be along for the ride :beer:

Hi Steph,

Apologies I forgot to mention the fact that the tv is always dire on NYE...!! As for the fireworks, I'm in bed before they start but living a 20 minute train journey from London I can hear them and if I could be bothered to get out of bed watch the sky being lit up...!

Thank you for joining me for 2015, I hope you got a comfy seat!!

Puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • Puzzcat
    HShappynewyear2.gif

Thank you INOD, MIT and Ellie for joining me on my journey.

Well ... my first sentence of 2015 was... for god's sake... said to myself having woken up full of cold at 6am and unable to get back to sleep..! But it has been a happy and hopeful day and we are still smiling.. albeit with a tissue in my face for most of it...!!

OH got a ticket for his do down the pub, we had a yummy dinner of aromatic crispy duck, prawn toasts and tempura battered prawns all from the freezer and a bottle of prosecco to wash it down.. then OH fell asleep...... Kept waking him and finally at 9 he headed off to his party... He was back within 15 minutes....:rotfl: Said he didn't fancy it.. so we brought 2015 ever closer with Bruce Willis... Oh I do like a bit of the younger Bruce...!!! and then I hit the sack 30 minutes before the Bells clanged and the Fireworks started... heard them, but didn't get out of bed to watch..!!

So today other than full of cold I have been and done the normal week's grocery shopping.. not a ys item amongst it... go me... but I did pick up all sorts of random on offer/reduced store cupboard items that we use and still came in budget so :D

The supermarket was lovely and quiet a real treat and the bonus being I don't have to do it on Saturday as I'm working tomorrow....

Plans for the NY will have to wait as dd is trying to do homework today so I better not block the computer for longer than necessary.. Will post proposed plans before the 5th..

Other news.. Ebay bids upto £56..!!! So all going well there.. and OH coughed up some cash for this week so my christmas money is still safely stashed.. will still hold onto it just in case we hit any issues next week..!!

Also forgot to say Panto was brilliant, so funny definately written for adults as well as the children.. not that we had any in our group.. youngest two were both 16...! We shall go again next year..

Over and out..

Puzz. xx
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • Puzzcat
    Morning...

Getting bored of this cold now.. its been hanging around since boxing day and is not a problem during the day but is disturbing my sleep.. Can't count the number of nights since B.Day that I have been up in the early hours making a cup of tea..!!! And they do say something along the lines of its the darkest hour before dawn.. or some such thing.. it is a depressing time to be awake and gives me too much thinking time...

But 2015.. we are doing a positive everyday.. so

1st... - went to As*a and it was nice as not full of 'strange' people......

2nd.. woke up in the night but managed to get off to sleep again without the need for a cuppa!

3rd... well that's today.. so maybe to early to call....!!! Although I did win a whole £3 on the lottery last night so that will do for starters...

New Year Plans..STARTING MONDAY 5TH JANUARY 2015

1.. 2014 I paid back £9077 of debt across my dmp and family loan.. for 2015 I would really like to beat this.. £10000 would be nice but I do have a lot of other things to save for so maybe £9500 is a better target..

2. Lose 14lbs....

3. Exercise 5 times a week....

4. Get at least 2 rooms in the house sorted.. starting with finishing off the bathroom.. its only taken 2 years... and dd's room...

5. Clear loft and get all 'stuff' shifted through boot fairs/charity shop and bin....

6. Take up a new hobby... or course? I need to stretch my brain a bit, its being lazy and I need it to wake up.....

7. See my girlfriends every other month for a night out or in....

8. Reduce 'bad habits'.. and save money.. looking at £20 a week..

9. Save - dd's big trip 2016.. our summer holiday 2015 and trip with lovely mother in march... I love saving money.. wish I had more to save...!

10. Keep up with surveys.. get one poll to payout by spring.. and keep comping.. I did this a lot for about a year and won some great prizes so i'm back in the game.. will keep you posted...

Well that's quite a list to be going on with....

Forgot the 'no buying ys food.. unless an absolute bargain or a required item for a particular meal.... I am just updating my freezer inventory again so I can 'fess up' to any purchases after today...!!!

Ebay bids up to £68.... nice little amount to go into my dd's big trip fund...

I still have £175 of my christmas money and my £90 of gift cards so have a little treat cash to play with during the early part of the year...

That's about it for now..

Love Puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • Puzzcat
    FREEZERINVENTORY – 3rd JANUARY 2015
    1X RM FISHERMANS PIE
    1X BOX CHUNKY COD FILLETS
    BOXOF ONION BHAJI’S AND SAMOSA’S
    BREADEDCHICKEN GOUGONS (YS)
    1X SMALL GOATS CHEESE & SPINACH QUICHES (YS)
    PORKSHOULDER JOINT (YS)
    2X 2 DUCK BREASTS (YS)
    1SMALL VEG TARTS (YS)
    CHICKENBREASTS
    2X 2 LAMB CHOPS (YS)
    SMOKEDHADDOCK FILLETS (YS)
    8CUMBERLAND SAUSAGES (YS)
    2X STEAK SLICES (YS)
    LARGEHIGGIDY SPINACH, FETA AND PEPPER QUICHE (YS)
    LARGECHEESE & ONION QUICHE (YS)
    LARGESPINACH & RICCOTA QUICHE (YS)
    SMALLSTEAK PIE (YS)
    2X HIGGIDY SPINACH, PESTO & GOATS CHEESE SLICES (YS)
    1X SMOKED HADDOCK & MUSTARD FISHCAKES (YS)
    1X 2 SMOKED HADDOCK CHEDDAR & LEEK FISHCAKES (YS)
    2CHICKEN EN CROUTE (YS)
    SMALLCHICKEN & BACON PIE (YS)
    2M & S PORK CHOPS (YS)
    2CHEESE & BACON KIEVS (YS)
    2CREAMY PEPPERCORN CHICKEN KIEVS (YS)
    2TUNA STEAKS (YS)
    2SALMON FILLETS (YS)
    2CHICKEN & CHORITZO CHRISPBAKES (YS)
    2SEABASS FILLETS (YS)
    2COD FILLETS (YS)
    2DUCK BREASTS AND PLUM SAUCE (YS)
    2HAM HOCK, CHEESE & LEEK CRISPBAKES (YS)
    2CHEESE & ONION PASTIES (YS)
    1X 2 LARGE LAMB CHOPS (FREE)
    2LARGE MEAT & POTATO PIES (YS)
    2SALMON EN CROUTE (YS)
    1HALF DUCK, HOISIN AND PANCAKES (YS)
    2GAMMON STEAKS (YS)
    BOXSOUTHERN FRIED CHICKEN PIECES (YS)
    2GARLIC KIEV (YS)
    SZECHUANCHICKEN STRIPS (YS)
    SMALLSTEAK & ALE PIE (YS)
    1X 2 M & S SALMON FISHCAKES (YS)
    TURKEYBREAST JOINT (YS)
    TESCOFINEST MONKFISH IN PROSCIUTTO (YS)
    TESCOFINEST LOBSTER TAILS (YS)
    2SEABASS FILLETS (YS)
    ADDED SINCE 26 DEC
    2 CRUSTLESS WW SMALL QUICHES (YS)
    2 M & S CORNBEEF CRISPBAKES (YS)
    36 COCKTAIL SAUSAGES (YS)
    LARGE STEAK PUKKA PIE (YS)
    2 X 8 RICHMOND SAUSAGES (YS)
    2 DUCK BREAST WITH PLUM SAUCE (YS)
    6 PORK & RED CHILLI SAUSAGES (YS)

NOW LET’S EAT IT ALL AND GET THE FREEZERS EMPTY BY THE SPRING…

Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • Puzzcat
    Good Morning.. I'd like to say life has gone back to normal.. but unfortunately no sightings of OH getting back out to work yet.. :eek:
    Luckily I do have most of my christmas money that I can use to pay myself if necessary at the end of the week, but I'd much rather he was out earning some more.... Oh well I'm sure it will all work out....!!!

Yesterday... I was on a roll, finally feeling a little better and spring cleaned the bedroom, including washing the nets and putting them out in the garden to freeze/dry...!! Rehung my curtains, cleared out junk, washed windows etc.. this was all before lunch.... Big postive for yesterday was my E*ay sales finishing with a grand total of £77... so after fees about £66 for dd's big trip pot...

Today dd is back to school but late start so tomorrow's 6am shout out is still going to be hard work.. especially if i'm still up in the night wandering and making tea....! Hoping to tire myself out on the treadmill treadmill.gif as my NY starts today and I have 13lbs to lose so we will call it a stone....

Right best get on with some useful stuff as I am meant to be working..... catch u later...

Puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts