PLEASE READ - Posts by the MSE Team and BG's - merged

Options

Comments

• blondecaz
    blondecaz Posts: 670 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I like the new sub-board idea too! As we don't want to not know about these competitions - but people who don't want to spend any money can simply ignore the sub-board. I'm sure we can all be responsible for our comp spending as everyone has already said :)
  • Lickul_miss
    Lickul_miss Posts: 1,552 Forumite
    Options
    oh dear i am sorry mamzie, i must have missed that i just skimmed through after my Tayto comp was deleted i do appologise (still think it a great idea x)
    ♫♫♫"Happy Happy Joy Joy! Happy Happy Joy! Happy Happy Joy Joy! Happy Happy Joy!"♫♫♫
  • purplebutterfly
    Options
    The thing is, if you want to take it to the extreme, you could say that even the NPN routes involve some cost.

Often you have to send your details by post - which then costs a stamp - or if you email your details you still have to pay for your broadband etc etc ;)

It could get ridiculous.

Plus, as I said earlier, many of the comps posted have incurred expense for the poster, if not for the subsequent entrants.
    Living with Lupus is like juggling with butterflies
  • ChrissyC_2
    Options
    This annual prize draw has started.

I'm not allowed to post the link here unfortunately, but google "french house" and "daily mail" and you should find it.

You can normally then google and find the daily codes online the day after they each appear in the paper, or on this site :T
  • ginjim
    ginjim Posts: 10,078 Forumite
    Options
    i think u'll find its been here a while
  • nash0819
    nash0819 Posts: 1,514 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    This ain't a democracy - no forum ever is - but if I had a vote, I would vote for keeping the purchase-required competitions on the board. As long as they're clearly tagged (e.g. PURCHASE REQUIRED), people can ignore them if they want to.

I can also see the argument for a separate forum or thread for them. However please no more stickies! We've got enough of those already.

Either way, there should be some sort of guidelines about what qualifies. e.g. maximum spend per entry, big prizes only please, that sort of thing.

I'm sure the powers that be will come up with a ruling when they've digested everyone's opinions. :)
    Many tx to all who post constructively in all the forums!:beer:
  • Munchkim
    Munchkim Posts: 5,447 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    I agree with nash, the way the forum is right now seems to work so why change it? we all (mostly) abide by the maximum of £1.50 rule with either texts or purchases, as long as the comps are tagged why not keep them mixed in, if it tells you in the title you need to spend and you want totally free comping, dont look at that thread :)
    Just become FTBs & Aiming to be mortgage free by 2034 :wink:

Thank you to all who post on the comps/freebies forums
    you've helped us save our deposit :money:
  • scottishfreebiehunter
    Options
    agree as to keeping seperate thread for postals and texts. As surely peoples personal choice if they use them or not as another excellent part to mse and would be a shame if it goes.

And have to agree magnum etc you have to purchase to enter? so what is difference?
    Just back into comping past few months to help me get over rubbish in life.... won Hotpoint fridge freezer, soda stream
  • poodledoodledoo
    Options
    I don't see the harm of keeping the purchase required comps on here as long as they are clearly marked.

I personally don't intend to spend a single penny entering comps (because to me it defeats the object) but their presence on the board doesn't bother me one bit. If people want to post/enter them, why not?
    Thanks to everyone who posts comps, I love winning prizes big and small
    :A:A:A:A:A:A:A:A
  • Former_MSE_Andrea
    Options
    Hi everyone

Sorry I'm only just replying. Yes, it was the weekend, and then I was the main person putting the email together this week so it's a bit like the Nuts magazine advert... don't expect help on a Monday or Tuesday!! :o

I seem to have opened a can of worms here and I should have been a bit clearer in my post. I'll clarify.

I'm basically just re-iterating what Martin's said when he first set the board up, that where possible competitions should be entirely free to enter, but that some cost, such as a stamp, a postcard or a text are fine as obviously these can be done free eg if you have inclusive texts on your phone.

I'll amend my first post with that.

Take care

Andrea :)

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors