Frump to Fab - Onwards and Upwards

Comments

• Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Rummer wrote: »
    Floss My next challenge will be my work wardrobe :D Currently off on maternity leave so I have a while before I need to give it serious thought but I think I will keep it simple and classic with only enough to get me through the week instead of loads of clothes..….

Three of my work suits (dress & jacket) are from an Autonomy outlet store, they are fab as they are smart, washable (and no iron if you hang them to dry) and a good price too. I also have chiffon shirts to wear under them in autumn & spring, and nice cardies for summer :)
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • alec_eiffel
    alec_eiffel Posts: 1,304 Forumite
    Attempted a bit of yoga yesterday, just following some simple stuff off the telly, although there is a yoga studio in the town which is just payg, with the amount of wobbling about I did I may cause someone some damage in a busy room!

Healthier eating has gone well this week.

Everything else is the same as usual I think. Wishing you all a fab weekend.
  • Rummer
    Rummer Posts: 6,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Alec there are some great resources on youtube for exercise, the other day someone recommended BeFit which has lots of popular fitness approaches free to view.

Floss I have not heard of that brand before so I will certainly have a look :D

I didn't have time to post properly last night however I have booked in for 6 weeks of PT sessions and I am also going to book in for a bootcamp later in the year :eek:

It has been years since I felt truly comfortable about my appearance and I am tired of moaning about it so I am going to get it sorted!
    Taking responsibility one penny at a time!
  • faerielight
    faerielight Posts: 1,865 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Hi ladies, I'm inpressed at all of your efforts :) I have had an awful 3 years, I nearly died of sepsis due to medical negligence and I ended up with a colostomy for 3 years, which wrecked my self esteem. I didn't even look in the mirror for 3 years, I stopped even moisturizing my face, but I've had the bag reversed minus half my colon, plus I have M.E and arthritis at 43 which is tough, but I'm alive and I'm slowly emerging from my cave. I've put on so much weight a am a size 22. I have dropped a stone and a dress size since my last surgery in Jan, but I'm struggling to lose the weight even tho I'm vegan, exercise is so hard with disabilities. ..However .. I've started a gentle yoga for M.E class , I'm trying to look after my rosacea skin, I've accumilated lots of new nail polishes from poundland and I'm wearing make up again .Doing my nails really makes me feel better! I also got my blonde roots done as I hadn't gone to a hairdresser for 3 years and I'd forgotton what it felt like to be blodne :)So I'm on the road to Fab from terribly frumpy ,with a hideous bag, and I thought I would join this thread for some inspiration :)
    Many thanks to all who contribute on MSE :)
  • yessie1209
    yessie1209 Posts: 16 Forumite
    Don't know how people feel about fake tan but rimmel have just released a new tanning body BB lotion. It blends in so naturally, doesnt smell, and makes your skin look really smooth and even. I have quite bad stretch marks on my legs and it even covers these without making me look like an oompah lumpah!

Great if you wanna feel fab in shorts and skirts this summer!
  • Morning :D

Being forced to take it easy as stress and doing too much has led to ENT infection and chest infection ..... I sooooo don't have time for this carp!!

Will see about gentle yoga later and have my class tomorrow.
    Doing some baking and currently watching Frozen with baby girl.

Did a foot mask last night so my feet feel fabulous:T

I'm another coconut oil fan... I use Lucy Bee. I have a jar in kitchen for cooking and spreading and one in bedroom.

I'm looking for a spa day for me and hubby... I think we deserve a pamper.

Those of you looking for yoga on you tube etc...... There are some good apps also
  • Rummer
    Rummer Posts: 6,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Faerie Welcome :D I am so glad that you have decided to join us all on our fabbing journey. It sounds as if you are a very brave lady who has faced a lot of challenges and a bit of fabbing is just what you need!

Well done on losing that first stone, just taking steps to change your health and wellbeing is a great achievement. Just wondered if your GP could help with your weight loss? Often they can refer you to a nutritionist/diet club and give a limited time gym membership with a PT session, it might be worth asking to give you a head start.

There are a few vegan thread on the Old Style board that may have recipe ideas and the following sites are good for recipes:

Oh She Glows
    Choosing Raw
    Naturally Ella

Looking forward to hearing how you are getting on :D
    Taking responsibility one penny at a time!
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Hi Everyone

Just wanted to say Hello and Welcome to Faerie :hello:

Sounds like you've been in the wars, hopefully the worst is behind you now. Agree with Rummer you have been very brave and courageous and now it's Time For You. Take it slowly and gently and give yourself lots of TLC.

Ladies don't forget today is Fab Friday - so get busy Fabbing.

I'm having an easy day today - just done a bit of gentle shopping - a few essentials for the new house. Now it's time for a late lunch, a little nap and then off to have a natter with OH.
  • alec_eiffel
    alec_eiffel Posts: 1,304 Forumite
    I love Oh She Glows for recipes.
  • faerielight
    faerielight Posts: 1,865 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    aww,thanks guys for the warm welcome :) yep, I've def been through the mill, and it's new beginnings for me now :) re the weight, I am so self conscious about it, but cos of the M.E , plus ongoing thyroid probs , my metabolism is slow and it is hard for me to exercise.. I've got bad arthritis in my feet and spine (and hands), plus I had so many bowel surgeries my abs are very scarred and don't work much, but I am going start slowly with the yoga for M.E class, and I'm doing small 5 minute walks most days to the shops. Today, I received some cream for rosacea that has really good reviews (dermalex) so I've started that, and I'm currently struggling to get some glitter off my nails .. it just won't budge! I';ve got a taupy colour I want to paint them with ! Anyway, that's me for today! enjoy the sun fab ladies :) x
    Many thanks to all who contribute on MSE :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure