IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Eye - Aldi

Comments

• taffy056
    taffy056 Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    mayforher wrote: »
    you know what i mean. invoice whatever.

The thing is these tickets are not enforceable, so no matter what the reason, they have no legal right to pass on invoices to people parking in the car park, and then trying to pass them off as fines, Aldi are perpetuating a scam by these PPC companies, they are scammers, liars and cheats, why pay people who have no ethics or morals, hope they all go out of business!
    Excel Parking, MET Parking, Combined Parking Solutions, VP Parking Solutions, ANPR PC Ltd, & Roxburghe Debt Collectors. What do they all have in common?
    They are all or have been suspended from accessing the DVLA database for gross misconduct!
    Do you really need to ask what kind of people run parking companies?
  • Oopsadaisy
    Oopsadaisy Posts: 1,818 Forumite
    Please try the new telepathic FAQ about PPC issues.

Simply think of the question you have about PPCs, now focus and try to project that question onto the screen in front of you.

Done that? Great.

Wait a few seconds, whilst I receive your question, now here's my answer to the question.......

Telepathic FAQ says.................Ignore, ignore, ignore.

This works with any question you care to try, go on test it.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why then you're as thick and stupid as the moderators on here - MSE ForumTeam
  • DaveF327
    DaveF327 Posts: 1,160 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Keep hold of that till receipt while you continue to ignore the threats. It will help you sleep better at night knowing you have evidence to throw at them should they try their luck in court.
  • i recieved one of these un-inforceable invoices from parking eye from parking in a b&q car park. I first received the first letter nearly 3 weeks after i had been to the car park, so a) they cant be that desperate to enforce it takes them 3 weeks to get in touch with you.
    b) i re-searched this alot when it first came into my possession as i refused to pay such a huge 'fine'!
    in march 2008 the law changed to try and make it harder for these companies to scam you, and they decided the best way to do this would be to create two bands, and these bands have a set fines. one set of bands for within london and a set for outside of london.
    these r below:
    within london; in the higher band, the fine will be set between £80-£120. and the lower band fee been between £60-£80.
    outside of london: the higher band fine set between £60-£80 and the lower band set between £40-£60
    There are lots of rules, but basically the lists are dependant of the severity of the conventrations.
    i.e- for parking in a disabled space without dispalying the blue band is classed as higher band, so the fine obviously depends on whether u parked within or outside of london.
    where-as parking in a bay for longer than permittted is classes listed in the lower band.
    I found all this out by doing a google search on parking enforcement rules, and all the information i found out was there in front of mw on the screen. This was when i was decided i wasnt going to pay as my fine was £80, and all i did was park in the bay for 2hours 10 mins, when the permitted time was 1 hour 30 mins. Which in the classes of bands is staying in a bay longer than permitted, i live outside of london, so the maximum fine i should have had was £60. I then googled the company who sent me the 'fine' and there was hundreds of people who had had run-ins with the same company. They all said the same, they got a few letters all stating the threats of baliffs and court etc etc, but after 5 or 6 they give up and try some one else.
    i mean, they pay £2.50 to the dvla to get your details, then the cost of printing a few letters and postage, its less than a tenner, so if one person pays up, then even if the next 7 people dont, they still havent lost anything.

hope this helps
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    i recieved one of these un-inforceable invoices from parking eye from parking in a b&q car park. I first received the first letter nearly 3 weeks after i had been to the car park, so a) they cant be that desperate to enforce it takes them 3 weeks to get in touch with you.
    b) i re-searched this alot when it first came into my possession as i refused to pay such a huge 'fine'!
    in march 2008 the law changed to try and make it harder for these companies to scam you, and they decided the best way to do this would be to create two bands, and these bands have a set fines. one set of bands for within london and a set for outside of london.
    these r below:
    within london; in the higher band, the fine will be set between £80-£120. and the lower band fee been between £60-£80.
    outside of london: the higher band fine set between £60-£80 and the lower band set between £40-£60
    There are lots of rules, but basically the lists are dependant of the severity of the conventrations.
    i.e- for parking in a disabled space without dispalying the blue band is classed as higher band, so the fine obviously depends on whether u parked within or outside of london.
    where-as parking in a bay for longer than permittted is classes listed in the lower band.
    I found all this out by doing a google search on parking enforcement rules, and all the information i found out was there in front of mw on the screen. This was when i was decided i wasnt going to pay as my fine was £80, and all i did was park in the bay for 2hours 10 mins, when the permitted time was 1 hour 30 mins. Which in the classes of bands is staying in a bay longer than permitted, i live outside of london, so the maximum fine i should have had was £60. I then googled the company who sent me the 'fine' and there was hundreds of people who had had run-ins with the same company. They all said the same, they got a few letters all stating the threats of baliffs and court etc etc, but after 5 or 6 they give up and try some one else.
    i mean, they pay £2.50 to the dvla to get your details, then the cost of printing a few letters and postage, its less than a tenner, so if one person pays up, then even if the next 7 people dont, they still havent lost anything.

hope this helps

Could you please tell us what these so-called laws are that relate to private parking tickets. I have never heard of them and i don't think anyone else has. For a start, the blue badge scheme does not apply in private car-parks, so you cannot be "fined" for that.I think you are confusing legislation that deals with council fines with the (non-existent) "laws" that deal with private parking tickets.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 13 July 2010 at 10:28PM
    Come on LauraLeah91104 I am still waiting for information about these so-called laws dating from March 2008, especially the part about those two "bands".
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • Coblcris
    Coblcris Posts: 1,862 Forumite
    Laura seems to be somewhat confused. March (31st) 2008 was the first day of the TMA.

Utterly irrelevant to Private Parking Companies.
  • robredz
    robredz Posts: 1,602 Forumite
    As private parking comes under the law of contract, and it is illegal for them to impose a "fine" I cannot see how these so called bands can be enforced
  • hi i have just received a fine from aldi for parking excess of 15 min than 1.5 hrs allowance stated. its from parking eye. can u tell me what happened when you ignored them ?
    thanx
  • taffy056
    taffy056 Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    zo1234 wrote: »
    hi i have just received a fine from aldi for parking excess of 15 min than 1.5 hrs allowance stated. its from parking eye. can u tell me what happened when you ignored them ?
    thanx

I can tell you exactly, you will have an extra £50 or so to spend in lidl for your next shop, so just ignore them utterly
    Excel Parking, MET Parking, Combined Parking Solutions, VP Parking Solutions, ANPR PC Ltd, & Roxburghe Debt Collectors. What do they all have in common?
    They are all or have been suspended from accessing the DVLA database for gross misconduct!
    Do you really need to ask what kind of people run parking companies?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure