PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Daily Thread - Monday 6th July

Comments

• Looby_Lou
    Looby_Lou Posts: 372 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Hi, I've finally made it back. What was supposed to be a week in hospital with DS2 ended up as 3 weeks:eek:. I am so glad to be home and sleeping in a proper bed:j. DS2 is slowly starting to be able to walk unaided as he was unable to walk when we came out (just due to being in bed for 3 weeks) I can't find anything in the house :rolleyes: as my parents in law came to stay for the first 9 days then my parents came for the remainder to look after DS1 and bring me food in the hospital. We have to go back for a check up this afternoon at the hospital, and we're going for a little trip to the library this morning.
    Tonights dinner is left over roast chicken, probably as a curry. I'm trying to have a sort out and need to get back to flylady. I had sorted out a carrier bag of books to go to the charity shop but DH helpfully put them all away again:rotfl:Got to go put the washing out.
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Tired mum, how terrible, thank god no one was hurt, I hope they catch the individuals responsible xxx

rnshon, welcome to the thread, ohhh how exciting another os baby :T

Looby, welcome back hun, hugs for your ds xxx
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    :hello:Morning all!

Haven't posted for a few days, but have been reading.

Welcome rnshon and covgirl!

tired mum - Huge ((((HUGS))) to you, sorry you are having a rotten time atm

hilstep - It must feel strange without DS - ours is 24 and still at home, cn't afford to move out:rolleyes:

Haribo -:rotfl:at your twins

redruby - Loved the pics, i hope mioliere will manage to post a link to hers.

Fairy Elephant - Congratulations, hope all goes ok!

halight - thinking of you, hope the result of the scan is as you wanted. Glad the twins' birthday went well and that Twin2's back is getting better.

candygirl - Glad Layla is okay! Best wishes for your op.

Looby - Welcome back, so glad DS is ok, what a relief to be home!

Best wishes to all who are ill or unhappy, especially Penny_ pincher

There hasn't been a lot of OS going on here since we got back from hols! DS arranged a week off to strip and repaint the front window ledges (the outside ones) and found he could only do it in the evenings as the sun kept drying up the paint stripper, and the ledges in the porch had umpteen layers of paint on, so it took him the whole time we were away just to get the downstairs ledges just about stripped - then someone hit the front of his car in Asda carpark and drove off :mad:, so he's been having to repair that instead - it needed a new wing and bumper, and the MOT's due at end of the month. So decorating stuff is all over the place, and one of the collapsible plastic crates broke when he got it out of the cupboard under the stairs, so the stuff from that is the first thing you see when you look into the living room :o Will make DH buy a new crate today!It wasn't nice coming home to such a mess, especially as the paint he stripped has mixed with the stripper and solidified so will probably need a wire brush to shift it :rolleyes: Oh well, I suppose it will be sorted in time.

We've been eating a lot of salad this past week, though did have lamb chops with couscous the other night, and pasta one night....no idea yet what we're having tonight :p possibly more pasta!

Diva - and other Chalet School fans - the books are being reprinted atm! Can't remember the name of the publisher - I think it was something like "Girlsgoneby". Oh, how I longed to go to the Chalet School!:rotfl:
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,585 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Hi everyone,

Ivyleaf and Diva - I was a huge Chalet School fan , in fact my collection is still in the loft and dd loved them too. I have been to the lake which inspired the stories, it's called the Achensee and is the most beautiful shade of turquoise - the steamer still sails on the lake and the steam rack and pinion train goes up to it. Everywhere is very recognisable and you can walk around the lake under the dripping rock - it really is idyllic. We're going to the Tyrol on holiday in August and I can't wait to go back there.

The other series of books that really captured me was the Little House books, very OS.

Well I'm quite pleased with myself after this weekend, lots of batch cooking and baking and the ironing mountain has been vanquished, all between dizzy spells caused by my labyrinthitis!
  • RosyRed
    RosyRed Posts: 3,082 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Morning all,hugs to tiredmum ,PP and anyone else who needs one.Welcome to the newbies.

DS2 is starting jury service today so it should be peaceful.Will get upstairs hoovered when I get off here,and look under the bed for stray socks,boxers etc,as he usually just gathers what he can see from his floordrobe.Actually I'm doing him an injustice-he did do his room really well when we had the last viewers last weekend so its not too bad at all ( incidentally ....the viewers who had practically allocated rooms and decided where the kids toys were going,asking how quick we could move etc etc. and now the agent can't get hold of them at all for any feedback :mad: )

Tea is leftover beef from yesterday,so thats easy- don't know what time DS2 will be home.

Think I'll clean the conservatory windows,they've been annoying me as I can see some streaks when the sun shines,so I'd better get a move on.
    Have a good day everyone.x
    PS.Diva,Loved the Chalet School as well,still got some of those too,find it very vey hard to declutter books :D
    :heartsmil 'A woman is like a teabag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water'. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
  • sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    welcome rhshon you will love it here
    louby-lou welcome back i hope DS is ok now

I have decided on jacket potatoes and sausages for tea

done all the washing just need to dry it but its raining at the mo :rolleyes:
  • jayward
    jayward Posts: 541 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    morning,
    bed stripped ,washing is out done by oh
    not been around much not been too well last week,been to drs this morning
    fish tonight for tea
    with oh loss of job and other things are getting me down a bit ,must give myself a good talking too.
    the veg are growing now i have not donit before so i am not expecting much but ,i like it oh does planting ect i do planning ect and sowing ,potting on
    hugs and waves to all and hello to new posers its good here.
    oh Haribo ,the tale of your little girls did make us laugh thanks
  • hi

Not been on for a few days, am still having a terrible time with these migraines! spent most of last week in bed with awful headaches and left sided numbness. Had an awful migraine on Sat and had to go to a special needs swim party with DS.....thought I was dying but couldn`t not go as he expects everything to run as normal:rolleyes:
    at doctors later today and am on my 5th week off sick....I had a few dizzy do`s yesterday too and one happened when I was turning the tap off having run Ds`s bath and I fell in with all my clothes on....DS looked shocked but once OH laughed he joined in.....thing is if I had been on my own and banged my head it could have been worse:eek:
    Weather doesnt know what to do today....dark one minute, sunny the next.
    Have tidied round this morning and planning to get some ironing done if I can.
    I walked out of DS`s meeting at school for his annual statement review....the school "told me off" for keeping DS off school on the day they went for a cinema trip as he doesnt deal with cinemas at all....they would not listen to what I was saying so I walked out. honestly they should listen to parents, I know he is in mainstream school but he is struggling and has autism amongst other things so he isnt going to be able to do everything the other kids do:rolleyes:.....I think he will end up in special ed in the next year or so but c`est la vie.
    My garden is coming on well.....brocolli sprouting and tomatoes coming:T

hugs to all who need them, not read the dailys yet so cant name names
    xx
  • covgirl
    covgirl Posts: 46 Forumite
    Hugs to all who are having a bad time of it. Oh dear there's no hug smilie. So you'll just have to image it ((((((hugggg))))))

Well, I've been into town (like I was supposed to have on Saturday). Was very restrained, and only bought two willow trellises from the pound shop and a pair of memory foam insoles for OH, also from the pound shop. Also some onions from the market - I am only growing red onions this year, and last year's have already been used up. I use loads of them! I am about to go and put the slow cooker on for tea and sort out some of the clean laundry before I go to w*rk this afternoon.

Hope everyone has a good day
  • Hello again!

Just had a really heavy shower - which has cleared the air wonderfully!

PenPin - Hope you are feeling better today hon
    Noahs - so sorry you are still suffering *hugs* to you hon
    kjsam - I love my redbush tea! And I love that it counts towards ones two litres of water a day. Like you, I love the woody taste and don't need milk or sugar in it, but my OH can't bear it.
    Oh tiredmum - I am so sorry hon, what a nasty thing for someone to do!
    halight - I made bread pudding a little while ago and it was REALLY delicious!
    Grandmasam - What Katy did and Anne of Green Gables - wonderful series of books!
    Bitsy - the cake sounds wonderful!
    Welcome rnshon! You will love it here
    Looby - welcome back hon, hope your son feels better soon
    snoozer - Ohh Little House on the Prairie and all the sequels - loved them! Plus the tv series as Michael Landon was just the sort of dad I wanted!
    Jayward - hugs to you honey

Have to confess I have ALL my Enid Blyton books in the loft, anything that was a series of books, I kept, so have them all! I am such a hoarder.

Looking for a recipe for quiche you make with a pkt of pasta and sauce - think I saw it on the SW thread so off to find it! We bought 4 pkts when on special offer so it would be good to eat them!!

Have a good day everyone

Diva.x
    To be frugal, you need to spend money wisely, simply spending less is not enough.
    If you can't handle me at my worst then you don't deserve me at my best...
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I will try again tomorrow.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure