PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 7th August 2017

Options

Comments

• SunnyGirl
    SunnyGirl Posts: 2,639 Forumite
    Options
    ionafan wrote: »

Now I really must start some studying...

What are you studying? :)
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,426 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    SunnyGirl wrote: »
    What are you studying? :)
    Theology - just finishing the first of 2 years' part-time college, and I have to write 6000 words based on my experiences during my recent placement.

I have just cleaned the ensuite and workmens' loo too, whilst waiting for the extra spin to finish. WMx1 is pegged out, WMx2 is in. Oh yes, and I have been training Rosie to lie down - she loves cheese from a tube even better than doggy training treats.

Can you spot my delaying tactics?
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    YORKSHIRELASS Posts: 6,297 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi all

Feeling a bit tired and out of sorts, which I shouldnt do, considering that I have been away for the weekend!

Anyway, on with more paid stuff. House is OK unless you look closely then there are dust and cobwebs in abundance.

Oh better put yet another load of washing on first!
  • SunnyGirl
    SunnyGirl Posts: 2,639 Forumite
    Options
    Ionafan :rotfl: I get those delaying tactics so well!! I am a uni student studying Psychology with Criminology and at the end of last term when I had 2 x 2500 word essays to write and an exam to study for I spent ages looking at life hacks on YouTube lol. Have you got the Focus Keeper app on your phone? It's free and very good as you set it and it gives you 5 min breaks every half an hour and after 2 hours you get 30 mins. Very flylady really!

Also search on YouTube for music to study with. I found one that is 3 hours long and it's sort of sounds and music with a deliberate low tone that stops the brain listening for patterns in the music which allows us to concentrate. Apparently:D
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,842 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Food shopping bought and away in the cupboards
    Lunch eaten
    WM x 2 more on the go
    Now it has sort of stopped drizzling, I might cut the lawn, and dead head the flowers, but on the other hand I may have a zzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • poohbear59
    poohbear59 Posts: 4,866 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    One bathroom complete to level 3. I got a bit carried away. Left to dry so I can redo some grout tomorrow. Only doing what I can reach. Ordered new shower stool. It proved useful to sit on old one whilst I was cleaning the shower but it is no longer hygienic as quite a few cracks in it.

I have far too many bottles of shower gel but haven't bought any in years. We just use those left in our cottage. Must concentrate on using g the ones that are almost empty first. I use it for cleaning tiles etc too.
    business mortgage £0))''(+ Barclay's business kitchen loan £0=Total paid off was £96105 PPI claimed and received £13527
    'I had a black dog, his name was depression".
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,080 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    ionafan wrote: »
    Oh yes, and I have been training Rosie to lie down - she loves cheese from a tube even better than doggy training treats.

Can you spot my delaying tactics?

Can't think what they'd be. :whistle:
    poohbear59 wrote: »
    I have far too many bottles of shower gel but haven't bought any in years. We just use those left in our cottage. Must concentrate on using g the ones that are almost empty first. I use it for cleaning tiles etc too.

I don't think I'll ever finish all the clingfilm, silver foil and shower gels that get left behind. Haven't bought any in years!
    hex2 wrote: »
    I have been reading inspirational cleaning books again, honestly if I spent more time cleaning and less time reading then the house might actually get done.

What are 'inspirational cleaning books?' Is it a bit like decluttering when you have to buy the book to find out how to do it and then at the end declutter the book, but you can't because 'it might come in useful one day?'

The dyson conked out on the stairs. Shame. ;)

Showed Lodger No 2 to her room, to find a Devil Cat monster turd sitting right in the middle of the bed.
    Better is good enough.
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Bossy Cheers - now I know what to look for, I'll take another look; Mr LW is nearly out of his yogurty drinks (cholesterol-lowering jobbies) so I'll need to visit Morries soon.

Short post today folks, as I'm feeling rough & need to keep my energy for Fudge's needs. ;)
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • poohbear59
    poohbear59 Posts: 4,866 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    HB what a horrible present for your new lodger. And, extra work for you.

I love Alison May books about home keeping. Makes it feel more of a pleasure than a chore.
    business mortgage £0))''(+ Barclay's business kitchen loan £0=Total paid off was £96105 PPI claimed and received £13527
    'I had a black dog, his name was depression".
  • DaisyWalker
    Options
    Really want to do it this week. Don't have any bathroom windows to open and I put out new towels yesterday but will try to do all the rest of Monday's when I get home
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure