Our new Sky Haggling guide - please share your feedback

Comments

• Given my 31 days cancellation for my TV.

Interesting that the lady offered me 40% off but still cancelled. I will look at mysky this afternoon, where I will probably get 50% off and try online chat to see what deals that I will get.

The same old game that I have played for the last few years.
  • Just been on online chat and spoke with a very helpful Indian chap who has got me 50% off TV, not in contract and deal lasts 12 months.

Tried to get credit applied to my account but he told me that option was taken away from him a few months ago.
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    brewerdave wrote: »
    ...if I wasn't a sports nut, I'd probably go without too:)

But 60% off is looking tempting, particularly as cash credits don't seem to be around much anymore:(

How are you getting catch up channels? smart TV??

Yes a Panasonic smart tv which has the advantage of Freetime via aerial (Freetime normally being satellite based), which gives a few other options than the usual iplayer, itv hub etc.

I notice that you succumbed :D
  • teddysmum
    Just been on online chat and spoke with a very helpful Indian chap who has got me 50% off TV, not in contract and deal lasts 12 months.

Tried to get credit applied to my account but he told me that option was taken away from him a few months ago.

Sit back, let it go and enjoy catchup or your Humax box. Then offers will come or you may be satisfied with what you have.

I only took tv as it was a freebie when migrating from O2, followed by two good offers.
  • superbigal36
    superbigal36 Posts: 734 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 1 November 2016 at 5:42PM
    Confirmed that if you have multiscreen HD+ and want to update to Multiscreen Q.
    Give notice on the multiscreen to give illusion you do not have that service on your account.
    Then upgrade goes through with much lower 1 off costs.

A really awful pricing set up in the first place.
  • Help and suggestions needed.

I have a BT land line and I pay 24.99 a month - they are offering me free broadband for 12 months.
    I only have TV, Boxsets and Cinema with Sky. They bumped the price from 27.65 ish to £63 so I cancelled. That finishes on the 13th
    I wonder if anyone knows if Sky will do a cheaper land line to port over and free BB for 12 months? Will the prospect of getting a new customer for their BB and a land line make them amenable to a cheaper deal on the TV?
  • teddysmum
    Help and suggestions needed.

I have a BT land line and I pay 24.99 a month - they are offering me free broadband for 12 months.
    I only have TV, Boxsets and Cinema with Sky. They bumped the price from 27.65 ish to £63 so I cancelled. That finishes on the 13th
    I wonder if anyone knows if Sky will do a cheaper land line to port over and free BB for 12 months? Will the prospect of getting a new customer for their BB and a land line make them amenable to a cheaper deal on the TV?
    The page giving (poor at the moment) offers on phone/broadband states that you don't need to have Sky tv.

The two contracts are separate, but retentions people have been known to say that you can have an extra special offer if you reinstate tv, which is on cancellation notice.
  • Cancelled Sky yesterday as after an hour on live chat the best they could offer me was 50% off for 10 months (after being told 30% and 40% were the best they could do).
    Checked MySky this morning and the 50% off for 12 months offer was there. But this is only on the TV bundle not HD or multi-room. Should I hold out for a better offer?
  • andrewmp
    andrewmp Posts: 1,754 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    NickEva wrote: »
    Cancelled Sky yesterday as after an hour on live chat the best they could offer me was 50% off for 10 months (after being told 30% and 40% were the best they could do).
    Checked MySky this morning and the 50% off for 12 months offer was there. But this is only on the TV bundle not HD or multi-room. Should I hold out for a better offer?

Get in touch via live chat, tell them your friend got offered 60% off and £100 credit.
  • Engage livechat as the post above. I was happy for 50% discount for multiscreen and Sports HD to then go with the 50% TV.
    I believe credits to accounts are gone for now.
    That was on monday.

On Wednesday I upgraded to Q. Put multiscreen on 31 days notice as if you upgrade to Q with multiscreen the 1 off costs are £198 for an existing multi customer or £100 for a "new multiscreen". Saving £98
    All discount apart from multiscreen transfer.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback