Small Steps Out Of Massive Debt!

Options

Comments

• Naomim
    Naomim Posts: 3,117 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Some good tips there GC. I need a new foundation, I have rosacea on my cheeks so permanently look flushed. I have no idea how to really work out what tone I need. I should book an appointment somewhere and get some samples.

As for the debt, it will come down and before you know it you'll be counting the days until you hit your DFD.

Between June & Nov mine increased. (DH needed a new car) so it's a bummer but you're on top of it and that's a positive thing!

Naomi
    Credit Cards NOV 2019 £33,220.42 Sept 2023 £19,951.00 Tilly Tidy 20223/COLOR] Sept £43.71 Here's my diary: A Ditherer's Diary Again
  • GeorgianaCavendish
    Options
    Naomim wrote: »
    Some good tips there GC. I need a new foundation, I have rosacea on my cheeks so permanently look flushed. I have no idea how to really work out what tone I need. I should book an appointment somewhere and get some samples.

As for the debt, it will come down and before you know it you'll be counting the days until you hit your DFD.

Between June & Nov mine increased. (DH needed a new car) so it's a bummer but you're on top of it and that's a positive thing!

Naomi

Thanks Naomi :) I do need to keep remembering that progress is happening, even though it doesn't always feel like it.
    What a coincidence, I also have rosacea on my cheeks! Mine is relatively mild but I have to be careful about the skincare products I use as anything too harsh it gets really sore and tight. I suppose I'm "lucky" that it is on the apples of my cheeks, so when it does flare up I can at least make a saving on not using blusher! ;)
    I've been using the Laura Mercier Candle Glow foundation for the last 9 months and find that really nice coverage without giving a block matt appearance.
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,594 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I do feel a bit better today :) I was still a bit down in the dumps yesterday and I had a lot of errands to run which meant that I got absolutely drenched four times which made me !!!!ed off instead of depressed :mad:
    I'm feeling a bit more philosophical today, yes it does suck that I'm stuck making ginormous debt repayments for at least another 2 and a half years but that time will pass and this debt is going down, even if it feels like it is the slowest process ever. Spending hundreds of pounds on my credit card won't make me feel better, not even in the short term because I feel immediately guilty about adding to my debt instead of reducing it.

I didn't end up buying cleaning products because of the rain (dubious excuse there) so I've got that to look forward to this weekend :rotfl:
    Spending hundreds of pounds on my credit card won't make me feel better, not even in the short term because I feel immediately guilty about adding to my debt instead of reducing it.

Well done for resisting and thoroughly agree with this. Just remember eventually the debt will go, how quickly is up to you and then you will be able to buy guilt free.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • GeorgianaCavendish
    Options
    Well done for resisting and thoroughly agree with this. Just remember eventually the debt will go, how quickly is up to you and then you will be able to buy guilt free.

Thank you :) I do need a reminder every now and then!
  • GeorgianaCavendish
    Options
    Feeling a bit sniffly today, I thought it was just hayfever playing up but my throat is starting to get sore as well so I think I've picked up a cold. Hopefully I can nip it in the bud.

A bit of drama, the fridge has been playing up again. Light & control panel inside fridge not working, motor is intermittent. I've contacted our landlady and hopefully we can arrange an engineer visit for the one day this week when it will be possible for me to work from home. It means that we didn't do our weekly shop yesterday and we'll have to get stuff & cook it as we need it.
    Not too much of a pain because we live so close to Tesco but means its more expensive as we'll not be able to do a big shop from Aldi. I need to double check the cupboards tonight, see what we've got in the way of things to have on toast to keep costs down a bit.
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    Boo to the fridge! Hope its sorted quickly x
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,165 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Boo to the fridge. Maybe have a veggie week? Less likely to be a problem with temperature.
  • debtaghh
    debtaghh Posts: 1,794 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hope you manage to sort it.
  • GeorgianaCavendish
    Options
    Thanks everyone! :) Sorry for my silence this week, lots of my colleagues are on holiday this week and I've been picking up the slack.

Fridge still not sorted ... expecting another engineer to visit some time next week. I'm not confident that it is a problem that can be repaired, I think we'll need a new fridge which will be fun. I suppose at least that's our landlord's responsibility to provide so it won't cost anything (just the temporary increased cost of buying groceries on an almost daily basis).

But in good news! Got a letter saying HMRC owe me money for overpaid tax, not much but far better than the other way round! I've put through the claim online so should be receiving that either next week or just after the bank holiday weekend.

I can't quite believe that we are so close to the end of summer, seems like the last 6 weeks have flown by!
  • JoJoC
    JoJoC Posts: 1,836 Forumite
    Options
    Annoying about the fridge, although I'm glad it shouldn't impact you financially too much!

I feel like the summer has flown past too - I'm certainly noticing a marked difference in the traffic in the morning :(
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure