Options
2»

Comments

• unforeseen
    unforeseen Posts: 7,280 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Ran123ran wrote: »
    I have a friends friend who in wayleave department of energy provider advised that unless bt can prove a wayleave exists they will need to move their equipment as i am not obliged to accept any offer of a wayleave...... she did say i may have a fight on my hands as companies dont like to do this as can be quite costly. She coming over for bit at the weekend so i can discuss direct with her.

Did she also say that if you are fed by it then they may well charge or even refuse to reconnect you if they move it?

You will have made it plain that you do not want their property on your land so why reconnect you?
  • Ran123ran
    Ran123ran Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    We have cable in our area and we use virgin.....so have another service provider.
    Other people in the street may be supplied by but without having a protruding box in the ground. If they refuse to supply us simply because we get them to remove box sounds petty and pathetic but its ok as we not use their service anyway.

When the bt engineer came out he said they will look into it.....still waiting. He also suggested i may have to level it out myself if bt refuse to do it. Which leads me to the point about inconvenience and expense due to having this box in ground. Had it not been there i would not potentialky be shelling out few hundred quid to level out ground and having to deal with this issue.
  • unforeseen
    unforeseen Posts: 7,280 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Your drive subsided. Their box didn't miraculously rise out of the ground
  • lee111s
    lee111s Posts: 2,988 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Can you take a picture and post it up?
  • Ran123ran
    Ran123ran Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    Agree driveway subsided and box didnt rise out of the ground.......but had the box not been there, that area for the box would have also subsided along with rest of the driveway.......then there would have been no issue.
  • lee111s
    lee111s Posts: 2,988 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Irrelevant.

It's YOUR drive that has subsided, therefore it's your issue to sort.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure