Complaint Letter Successes

Comments

• juno
    juno Posts: 6,553 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    No - but it should be moved to another board
    I complained to Starbucks about there being no till roll (that sounds stupid, but they made the drinks, went to charge me but couldn't due to lack of till roll, and then spent ages looking for more, leaving my drinks to get cold) and I got lots of vouchers but can't remember how much.

And AMT Coffee (usually found at train stations) will send you a free drink voucher if you send in their comment card.
    Murphy's No More Pies Club #209

Total debt [STRIKE]£4578.27[/STRIKE] £0.00 :j
    100% paid off :j

• astonsmummy
    astonsmummy Posts: 14,219 Forumite
    How do i complain to tesco's?
    :j Baby boy Number 2, arrived 12th April 2009!:j
  • jools61
    jools61 Posts: 142 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    My list of Nice companies:

I have had success after making genuine complaints to these:

BIRDS EYE - there was a piece of bone in a burger, which I mailed to them. Result: Sent £4 of coupons.

McCAIN - complained about their French Fries oven chips. Sent them a bag containing all the black and green bad bits.
    Result: Voucher to buy replacement McCain chips (unfortunately had been put off buying any more)_pale_

WALKERS CRISPS - bought two packets of Potato Heads from Tesco, which were stale.
    Result: reimbusement in vouchers.

WALKERS CRISPS - crisps had a strange smell and taste, possibly contaminated by the plastic free gift inside.
    Result: reimbursement in vouchers

ORGANIX BABY FOOD - had to make a complaint because a packet of crisps was less than half full.
    Result: Sent two replacement packets. But unfortunately the postman crushed them putting them through the letterbox!

COMFORT CREME Fabric Conditioner (Unilever) - complained that I hadn't received the free Pashmina and sample I'd applied for. They told me that the sample had been posted (never got it) and there weren't any pashminas left. I sent them an email saying I had written proof of the date I'd applied for the offer, showing I'd applied in good time before the pashminas ran out. I also said I'd abided by the terms of the offer by recommending a friend, and that I'd received notification I'd be sent one. I told them I was therefore going to make an official complaint that Unilever were not honouring the terms of the offer.
    Result: Within a few hours - "We've located a Pashmina for you" - (the threat of making an "official" complaint obviously worked).

PEDIGREE CHUM - Not a complaint, but I emailed them to say I'd missed their free sample promotion at my local Tesco store, and could they send me a leaflet for the free sample.
    Result: £2 Masterfoods Voucher, which arrived a couple of days later.

SOMERFIELD - Bought a packet of frozen cabbage that was a funny colour and looked unfit to eat. Took it back to the store where they admitted there was something wrong with it.
    Result: generous payment of vouchers. More vouchers arrived later from the company responsible for supplying the frozen cabbage to the store.

PIGSBACK - emailed them to say the prize of tickets wasn't any use to me as they would arrive too late for me to use them - the concert was the next day.
    Result: Phone call from Darragh himself (lovely chap) asking me what I'd like. Asked for just a CD - but they gave me £60 in CD Wow vouchers.

ST. IVES Toiletries - emailed asking for samples as I had problem skin.
    Result: Received a £2 voucher (but no samples).

ROYAL MAIL - had to complain after an item to one of my eBay customers took more than two weeks to arrive.
    Result: £7 cheque.

No luck with these companies though:

KETTLE CHIPS - emailed them to say that their roadshow had visited every county except mine, and that I was disappointed at not being able to take part in their promotions.
    Outcome: Nothing - just an email from them saying they can't be everywhere!

RIBENA - emailed them to say the kiddies were upset about their roadshow not visiting my area.
    Outcome: Nothing - just an email saying "my comments have been passed on".

EARLY LEARNING CENTRE - emailed them about their Birthday Club, saying they havn't sent birthday gifts to either of my children, despite them both being registered for over a year.
    Outcome: They replied saying they would look into it. That was two weeks ago and havn't heard anything since.

DOMESTOS - Said I had applied for their offer three times but not received anything.
    Outcome: Replied saying they would send me some vouchers (never arrived).

TESCO - Complained I hadn't received the £25 of Clothing vouchers. Emailed them three times but no reply. Replied on the last occasion to say they'd send me some. They never arrived.
    Phoned Customer Services to tell them. After keeping me on the phone for ages because they knew nothing about the offer, said they'd send me some.Never arrived.
    Outcome: Nothing - just ran up my phone bill.:mad:

AUNT BESSIES - Complained that I had received nothing from their Aunt Bessies Club, despite the promise of free gifts and lots of comps.
    Outcome: no response!

ELEMIS - emailed them to say I was thinking of buying their eyecream, would it be possible to try some first.
    Outcome: no response!
  • broomstick27
    broomstick27 Posts: 303 Forumite
    Got a £3 money card off of tescos the other morning as i complained about vegetable juice which tasted saltier than salt water - made me gag!
    How do i complain to tesco's?

Just write to address on back of packaging

P.S. Only complain about genuine things - remember the boy who cried wolf?!! :confused:
    Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
  • astonsmummy
    astonsmummy Posts: 14,219 Forumite
    I am not complaining about an item i bought, i'm complaing about a petrol pump, which i got my finger caught in. how do i complain about something like that?
    :j Baby boy Number 2, arrived 12th April 2009!:j
  • chrisyc
    chrisyc Posts: 113 Forumite
    No
    Well there is a long story to this but........

got 9 airline tickets to anywhere in the world return :j
  • Nadia
    Nadia Posts: 355 Forumite
    I complained to Pampers about a pack of nappies which was faulty (almost all the nappies in it leaked) and got a £10 voucher.
    I :heart: this site!!!
  • lightways
    lightways Posts: 423 Forumite
    No
    I really think we should stop here, as what happens is, the companies will read this and stop handing out vouchers to honest complaints, and ruin it for the others.
    Just another word of advice, make note of incidents that happen, names, time, date and any other additional details needed, most often this is a cause of good feedback in return !!
  • BargainJunky
    BargainJunky Posts: 1,511 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Birds Eye - Frozen caterpiller in my peas! £10.00 in vouchers - peas only cost 33p a bag at local discount freezer shop - wonder why?

Huggies - Tab came off nappy - emailed and got no response so wrote a letter. Reply to email must have crossed in the post - result two lots of £10.00 vouchers.

Heinz - microwave tomato soup in the plastic cups - looked brown not tomato coloured and tasted of oranges - horrible - £3.00 voucher. Not bad considering I bought it at a school fete for 20p!

Kellogs - seal on cornflake packet gave way - £3.00 in vouchers.

Walkers crisps - lost count how many faulty packets we get - have given up writing or emailing them as they never respond. We eat lots of crisps in this house!

Sunsilk shampoo - shampoo leaked into a giftset - £10.00 refund - not bad considering gift set only cost £2.99 in sale.
  • hb1444
    hb1444 Posts: 521 Forumite
    A few times I got late due to that crappy Silverlink train service, door problems, delays etc., so when I complained I got some fares refunded, not much, but saved a bit for my next weeks pass, but now I have moved and don't use the service any more, thank GOD!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure