MSE News: HSBC and First Direct offer cashback credit and debit card schemes

Comments

• Terry98
    Terry98 Posts: 1,155 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    aadil79 wrote: »
    Have you now actually got the cashback?? Has anyone had the cold hard cash from these offers??

I got a credit on my account within 5 days of purchase. Maybe not cold hard cash but as good as!

This is very similar to the Nationwide scheme which I have also used a few times. I have had a problem only once when for some reason the purchase did not track but I did query it with them and they paid in the end. By the way these schemes are run by Visa so you direct any problems to them rather than the bank.
  • Terry98
    Terry98 Posts: 1,155 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    flyingflea wrote: »
    Has anyone else tried this at an Esso station with a Tesco Express attached to it?

I'm not sure I trust the store locations list as it is merely made up of a Google Maps search for "Esso"

Somebody didn't get their cashback from Esso/Tesco Express in the link I posted earlier on in this thread.
  • Terry98 wrote: »
    Somebody didn't get their cashback from Esso/Tesco Express in the link I posted earlier on in this thread.

I know. It might have been a blip though hence why I was wandering if anyone else had tried. With the Esso cashback on Amex, it worked fine at Esso with Tesco Express
  • andi2
    andi2 Posts: 708 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    £10 cashback from First Direct for spending £40 in Lidl last week (where I shop anyway). £10 cashback pending for hubby using his card to do the shop this week :beer:
    Smile and be happy, things can usually get worse!
  • I asked VISA if the Esso offer can be redeemed from Esso with Tesco Express and they said yes:

Thank you for your query and for using HSBC Visa Offers.

We can confirm that the offer can be redeemed at all Esso branded petrol station, including the ones with Tesco Express attached to it.

Kind regards,

HSBC Visa Offers Support | Visa | visaeurope.com
  • Rich2808
    Rich2808 Posts: 1,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    I signed up - but it looks very similar to the simply rewards scheme Nationwide have had on their visa credit cards for years.
  • zerog
    zerog Posts: 2,478 Forumite
    flyingflea wrote: »
    I know. It might have been a blip though hence why I was wandering if anyone else had tried. With the Esso cashback on Amex, it worked fine at Esso with Tesco Express

Just depends on how the store is coded on visa merchant systems
  • Does anyone know if you can get the same deal on each card i.e.using both a HSBC and 1st Direct card?

I know when Nationwide first launched their scheme you were restricted to only being able to register 1 card. But considering these are 2 separate banks but under the same group will it allow a person to be rewarded with the deal twice or will the retailer prevent the cashback.
  • bigadaj
    bigadaj Posts: 11,531 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Does anyone know if you can get the same deal on each card i.e.using both a HSBC and 1st Direct card?

I know when Nationwide first launched their scheme you were restricted to only being able to register 1 card. But considering these are 2 separate banks but under the same group will it allow a person to be rewarded with the deal twice or will the retailer prevent the cashback.

How do you use two cards for one transaction?
  • By doing 2 purchases, as the deals are on for a while.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure