Selling used ink cartridges for cash

124»

Comments

• funnyguy
    funnyguy Posts: 2,561 Forumite
    Give it a rest Matthew.You obviously work for the company.Yawn.
  • Deru
    Deru Posts: 621 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 10 December 2013 at 11:19PM
    I also use TRF. Been paid many times both by cheque and BACs. Been paid £395.50 'O_O

Currently owed £19.40 ... you can check balance on their site too.

That's over a few years and not all the cartridges were mine. I always ask what people were going to do with their empties and volunteer to recycle them before they got binned.

For Epson and Kodak, just take them to Tesco or send them to TRF anyway. They get disposed of properly. I post off any brands to them and let them sort through them. I'm just happy their get disposed of properly, plus it's free post.
  • sax11
    sax11 Posts: 3,250 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker!
    I wouldn't trust any company that sells refills
  • googler
    googler Posts: 16,103 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    sax11 wrote: »
    I wouldn't trust any company that sells refills

How profound. Is there any reason for this, other than to be contrary to the thread?
  • i know this is an old thread but does anywhere still buy small quantities?
    mmmm free stufffffffff :p
  • blueangel-99
    blueangel-99 Posts: 61 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 14 April 2017 at 9:02AM
    Hi all,

My request is a simple one, I want one set of Blank Used Empty Original HP Cartridge for Refill Purposes.

Model is 953 or 953 XL

Printer Model is Officejet Pro 8715

Anyone any idea of how I can source these, please let me know. It has to be HP Originals.

Thanks
  • tonycottee
    tonycottee Posts: 1,331 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 18 October 2017 at 2:00PM
    I know this is quite an old thread, but there is some information here about seeling old cartridges. https://www.householdmoneysaving.com/selling-old-ink-cartridges
  • tonycottee wrote: »
    I know this is quite an old thread, but there is some information here about seeling old cartridges. https://www.householdmoneysaving.com/selling-old-ink-cartridges

Hi Tony,

You said, "Recycling Centre" I take it you mean, local recycling centre near you, is that correct.

Apart from ebay, are there any other online resources you use.

Thanks.
  • puddles
    puddles Posts: 129 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I used one in my local town earlier this month but they offer a nationwide service, and pick up the cartridges. The price was competitive and the money was in my account 2 days after first contact, so can't complain. I was going to throw them away but on a whim decided to see if I could see them - bonus!

Cash for Toner: https://www.cashfortoner.co.uk/
  • Hope this thread is still okay to use, it's the most recently updated one I could fine in relation to this.

I have an Epson XP6005 using 202XL cartridges. I'd be surprised if the empty cartridges weren't worth anything as the official cartridges are super expensive, and even the non-official ones are pretty pricey. But I'm struggling to find anywhere that takes Epson at all. TRF only seems to list older Epson cartridges (none of which they pay out on).

Anybody have any ideas? Will anywhere take/pay out on these? Is it still worth selling empties on eBay?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure