The end of procrastination and disorganisation.......

Comments

• parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Thanks Hex.

I'm not that fond of pizza to be honest. I think I was just being greedy.

After yesterday's utter confusion with a million things zipping through my head, I feel a bit more focussed today. I have the fortnightly food shop after dropping DS at school, then I need to go and get his birthday presents sorted.

I did have plans for later but DH informed me last night that mum in law and niece are coming over. They never visit so I'm a little suspicious. They keep going on about DH's 50th birthday. They have said that they if he has a party they want it in mum in laws house as its too difficult to come to ours. :mad: So I have to do all the running about, taking stuff over there. I don't think so. They can get to sister in laws who lives 1 mile from us, but not ours. They are so rude and selfish or am I just being unreasonable? To be honest I haven't forgiven them as not one of them came to DS's first birthday party yet we are expected to attend all of there events.

Apologies for the rant. And breathe.

I'm kind of glad it's raining today as it will focus me on the house rather than wandering off to potter in the garden.

Today so far I have:

Done nothing - oops.

Have a good day all. P x
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • hex2
    hex2 Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I'm not a fan of pizza either - and we also cracked and had fish n chips last night.

Raining a little further east too, so at least I am free from watering the garden although I still need to do the tunnel in a bit. I'm also glad, because I have unexpectedly been out most of the week so I am way behind on the paid stuff. I'm ignoring the mess and multi tasking pm the computer.
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need' Marcus Tullius Cicero
  • parsniphead
    Thanks Hex. Those gardens do have a habit of taking you hostage when you have work to do. ;) I hope you managed to get some work done.

Yesterday was a good day. I managed to get DS's birthday shopping. I had £20 shopping vouchers from husbands work and a £5 off voucher so I managed to get £77 Of stuff for £52.

It went a bit pear shaped I. The middle of the night when DS shouted me and when I went in to him he had been sick all over his bed. I tucked him up in mine and he slept through the rest of the night. It's typical that it happens the night after I go shopping and forget to buy washing powder. :eek:

A small spend today as DS has a birthday party to attend tomorrow. He is good as he knows the budget he allowed to spend.

I have been working through paperwork this morning. I have got rid of a lot of stuff from my previous job which made me feel a bit funny. The redundancy affected me more than I thought and I felt so sad when I saw pictures of my old workshop. I realise I really miss what I did and many of the students.:sad: Time to move on though so away it all went.

I still have LOADS of paperwork to work through but at least I have started.:j

I'm going to have a little read now. I have a new book about becoming a badass ;). I'm not very confident so thought I would give it a try. Oh dear I've slipped into reading self help books.....help.

Have a good day all. P x

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,011 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    I wonder if anyone has ever written a self help book to help people who read too many self help books?
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • parsniphead
    That's a thought. Or one for obsessive readers, which I am.

• parsniphead
    It's an utterly gorgeous day outside. The sun is streaming through the window and burning my leg.

I have put a load of washing out and one out from yesterday which got soaked in last nights rain. I was glad of a bit of rain though and think the garden enjoyed it.

A bit of pottering around this morning and DS has a party to attend this afternoon. Hopefully the weather will stay like this for the party.

I'm also going to get DS to write his party invites. His party is on the 2nd June so we need to get a wriggle on.

Right time to get on and not spend all day reading diaries (even though I very much enjoy it).

P x

• abba1772
    abba1772 Posts: 7,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Hope your ds enjoyed the party xx

It's piddling it down here been miserable all day xx
    NEXT TARGET: Halifax credit card DEC 22 £0 / £4499.12
    POAMAYC 2011 £6378.35 POAMAYC 2012 £5000.78
    POAMAYC 2013 £3480.04 POAMAYC 2014 £4085.14
    POAMAYC 2015 £7565.24 POAMAYC 2016 £8000.90 POAMAYC 2017 £7278.80 POAMAYC 2018 £13208.18POAMAYC 2019 £13309.28 POAMAYC 2020 £15026.05
  • parsniphead
    He had a lovely time thanks Abba and I got to stay outside in the sun while they were all on the fun bus. :j

It's a funny time of the month where things are stagnant and I often begin to get frustrated so I have decided to make changes to try and stop this.

I have been working on consciously having a more positive mindset for the past few days, which is not easy when there is debt in your life. Anyway, it's probably coincidence but it seems to be working. I had a neighbour ask mum about doing some work for him. Which led to another neighbour overhearing and asking about what I do too. It looks like there may be future jobs from her too. :j It's building, slowly building.

I had a nice dream last night. I have been considering my options for such a long time and I think my mind is trying to tell me to stop being a chicken and throw myself at what I want to do. It's strange, when I was young I would just up and do things, but now I spend too much time pondering and worrying. Realistically I'm probably over half way through my life. It's a sobering thought and has made me want to achieve something more than ever. It's time to stop living in the past and future and start living in the present.

But for now work today. I may wish to be doing something different but it gives me money to pay the bills.

I hope you have a good day. Enjoy it. P x

• Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    I wonder if anyone has ever written a self help book to help people who read too many self help books?

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    He had a lovely time thanks Abba and I got to stay outside in the sun while they were all on the fun bus. :j

It's a funny time of the month where things are stagnant and I often begin to get frustrated so I have decided to make changes to try and stop this.

I have been working on consciously having a more positive mindset for the past few days, which is not easy when there is debt in your life. Anyway, it's probably coincidence but it seems to be working. I had a neighbour ask mum about doing some work for him. Which led to another neighbour overhearing and asking about what I do too. It looks like there may be future jobs from her too. :j It's building, slowly building.

I had a nice dream last night. I have been considering my options for such a long time and I think my mind is trying to tell me to stop being a chicken and throw myself at what I want to do. It's strange, when I was young I would just up and do things, but now I spend too much time pondering and worrying. Realistically I'm probably over half way through my life. It's a sobering thought and has made me want to achieve something more than ever. It's time to stop living in the past and future and start living in the present.

But for now work today. I may wish to be doing something different but it gives me money to pay the bills.

I hope you have a good day. Enjoy it. P x

You sound very determined today Parsniphead. :T:T
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport