£20 per day and rising from Youtube

Options

Comments

• sequence
    sequence Posts: 1,877 Forumite
    Options
    Hoody wrote: »
    Wouldn't surprise me if they were making money from these vid's tbh, and as long as they were not using any copywrited content youtube has no real reason to complain?

Actually you can lose your youtube account for this. You can report wrong.inappropriate thumbnails, so I would think that quite a few people would report them, and you'd be banned .
  • MMO_3
    MMO_3 Posts: 56 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    What if the thumbnail wasn't wrong and the person in the video was wearing a bra or low cut top?
  • morganedge
    morganedge Posts: 1,320 Forumite
    Options
    MMO wrote: »
    What if the thumbnail wasn't wrong and the person in the video was wearing a bra or low cut top?

Yes.
    I wasn't being a pervert (although I am one!), but I clicked on the link of the pretty girl in a bra, because I noticed that the video had nearly 2,000,000 hits.
    The vid itself was pretty much just a hot girl talking at the camera for about 1 minute, wearing a bra.

So, if that video was linked to an ad-sense account, and only 1 or 2 percent of people who clicked the vid also clicked the advert, would they make loads of money?

It almost seems too easy, hence I think i'm missing something about how it all works?

I know a hot girl who's 21 with a great rack who i'm sure I could convince to bounce around on camera for a minute or so whilst singing a song or something! Would that be an easy 5k per year from ad-sense??? lol
  • Skinnylatte
    Options
    Have you thought about signing up with amazon associates and then putting a link in the video description that links to the products you use or mention in your videos?

That way you can earn 5% of whatever they buy from amazon after they click your link (with in 24 hours of clicking the link).

Thanks what a brilliant idea, I am already an amazon associate but hadn't thought of combining it with the videos. I've just had a load more ideas for videos! :j
    Pay off Car Loan £17,047 £10580 by Christmas 2022

Mortgage 1 @ 23/03/2019 [STRIKE]£101297[/STRIKE]
    £84457 16.6% DI [STRIKE]£6.95[/STRIKE] £6.15
    Mortgage 2 @ 12/04/2015 [STRIKE]£136121[/STRIKE]
    £100,546 26.1
    % DI [STRIKE]£9.13[/STRIKE] £6.07
    1st LBM 02/06/2013 £[STRIKE]21595[/STRIKE] Debt Free Day 27/03/2015

• TheSandman
    Options

Then they make a fortune...

Click here http://www.youtube.com/user/hotforwords/videos?view=0

A channel explaining the origin of words - how many views do you think that would get? Not many?

Oh wait forgot to add she's really hot so that'll be over 468 million views!

Add in a few tv appearances http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EY4MTZZLRoA&list=SP3DB498B72CD54A9A

And you're on your way to 21st century greatness! Professor Higgs? Sir Ranulph Fiennes? Tim Berners-Lee YAWWWWWWWWWWN

We want Rylan, Jedward, Katie Price, footballers, WAGs and Big Brother

Sigh...
  • samtoby
    samtoby Posts: 2,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    So want to have a go at this understand its a long term exersize but I would love to make some films - can not think of subjects and sadly I am not very gifted to use my bust as a way to sell my video's. I am amazed that something like a video for a birthday has done you so well! I must get my thinking cap on for a subject.

If it is backed by a song that is not yours does that mean your infringing copy right?
    3 Children - 2004 :heart2: 2014 :heart2: 2017 :heart2:
    Happily Married since 2016
  • samtoby
    samtoby Posts: 2,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    What program do you use to make the video's?
    3 Children - 2004 :heart2: 2014 :heart2: 2017 :heart2:
    Happily Married since 2016
  • Hoody
    Hoody Posts: 154 Forumite
    Options
    Can use Windows Movie Maker to start with (its free) if you get more advance use Adobe Premier or Sony Vegas as they offer more options.
  • fawd1
    fawd1 Posts: 715 Forumite
    Options
    samtoby wrote: »
    If it is backed by a song that is not yours does that mean your infringing copy right?

In simple terms yes. You cannot use other peoples songs without their express permission (which would usually include royalty payments) However, if you want to look into using music, then it's worth having a look at the copyright laws.

http://www.copyrightservice.co.uk/protect/p07_music_copyright

In simple terms, the owner of the song be it Elvis, or Beethoven needs to have been dead for over 70 years for the work to be copyright free. In addition, the recording of it needs to be over 50 years old. So, if you wanted to use a Beethoven song, then you would need to use one that was recorded over 50 years ago. Then you would be ok.

Alternatively, look at this website for some modern (read unknown) modern artists who offer their work royalty free. They may not be known, but their music might be great, and work really well with the visual you have in mind, so worth a look.

http://www.seabreezecomputers.com/tips/freemusic.htm
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport