Daily Mail Rewards Club Thread

Comments

• on-the-count-of-three
    on-the-count-of-three Posts: 1,561
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    edited 19 June 2011 at 10:23PM
    just tried to put my code in it won't let me :(. i would be really gratefull if someone had sat code

I haven't got a code, but did you register before last Wednesday? I don't think it will work otherwise.
    Edit: I also think you needed to input last Sunday's code before midnight on Wednesday. (15th)
  • Have to say thus far the only Rewards that are being gained are by the Daily Mail. Last Sat i brought the paper following all the hype. Went to create my account on Sun and found card was missing. So contacted the daily mail and was given a replacement code. Then I went to create my account - problem. Whilst awaiting for the notification to arrive i went out to get the MoS - and 2nd code so i could get my £5 Tesco voucher. Got back - notificiation still had not arrived so waited until monday. nothing arrived on monday so tried to re-enrol but found i could not as the website said email address was already registered - but i could not log in as i had no notification. In desparation i tried to change the password - nothing. this went on all week. Eventually managed to speak to someone who told me that there had been website probs but i could still enter my codes to get my voucher.

Now, this Sat went to enter my codes from last weekend only to learn - through yet another phone call - they're void and that if i want to get the £5 voucher - having now spent over that in terms of newpapers, telephone calls to yourselves and time - i need to buy todays MoS. I was told that last weeks codes/launch were void due to computer issues. In effect then I have in good faith and on the basis of their adverts I've bought the papers as required, spent additional time/money trying to sort out the website issues all for nothing. Feeling cheated. I have asked them what they would do for people who have signed up in good faith, who were unable to enter their codes through no fault of their own, who spent time and money calling the daily mail help line and who have, in effect lost out? There reponse to date - zilch. Is this not akin to deception?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 2,175
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Not forgetting, of course, that the Daily Mail's only use is as emergency bog roll... or if you want something to help you get in a grumpy mood.
  • Issyc
    Issyc Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    I entered the first two codes last weekend, no problem. I received my £5 Tesco voucher on Thursday and used it on Friday. I bought The Mail on Saturday and today, entered the codes and no problem.
  • ***cupcake***_2
    ***cupcake***_2 Posts: 1,104 Forumite
    Issyc wrote: »
    I entered the first two codes last weekend, no problem. I received my £5 Tesco voucher on Thursday and used it on Friday. I bought The Mail on Saturday and today, entered the codes and no problem.

I've had no problem entering the codes - just received nothing back!

Glad to hear you have had your voucher and used it no probs. Its just a shame that so many of us are still waiting, and are having multiple issues with emails, phone lines etc. The inconsistency is maddening!

(And in the MoS yesterday the printed T&C's now state it will take upto 14 days to process so clearly they are back-pedalling a little from their original online T&C's which state an email confirmation within 24 hours).

I hope they can sort this out soon ;) xx
  • ***cupcake***_2
    ***cupcake***_2 Posts: 1,104 Forumite
    Not forgetting, of course, that the Daily Mail's only use is as emergency bog roll... or if you want something to help you get in a grumpy mood.

The DM is an essential part of Guinea Pig / Rabbit Hutch lining. :D

Oh and Origami Pirate Hat making. :p

CC xx
  • jellyhead
    jellyhead Posts: 21,555
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    SIL says the DM is good for fire lighting too
    52% tight
  • roddydogs
    roddydogs Posts: 7,478
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Cant really understand the thinking behind this........if you buy the DM every day, but not usually Sunday, you get nought!, unless you buy the Sun edition, but someone who only buys Sat & Sun get rewarded, very strange.
  • mymerrywidow
    mymerrywidow Posts: 4,986
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    asbokid wrote: »
    From: https://mailrewardsclub.mailonline.co.uk/WeekendClub/faq#faq3

Cover price of the Saturday Daily Mail is 80p, and £1.50 for the Mail on Sunday....

Sat 11 Jun £0.80
    Sun 12 Jun £1.50
    Sat 18 Jun £0.80
    Sun 19 Jun £1.50

Sat 26 Jun £0.80
    Sun 27 Jun £1.50
    Sat 2 Jul £0.80

MINIMUM SPEND £7.70
    TOKEN VALUE £10.00
    PROFIT: £2.30 (enough to buy six Marlboro cigarettes)
    you only get £5 not £10
    life is like a loo roll. the nearer the end you get, the faster it goes.
  • roddydogs
    roddydogs Posts: 7,478
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    But if you only bought 11 & 12 June,( £2.30) you got £5, then a futher £5 for the rest, total £10.??? Yes/no
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure