travelcenteruk.co.uk - reliable?

Comments

• You don't take the hint do you?

No one on here takes the slightest bit of notice of a brand new poster singing the praises of a company that has bad reports from genuine posters.

Stop wasting your time.
    If you go down to the woods today you better not go alone.
  • It's people like you that make me not want to post on these blog things. I am a customer who simply booked a flight with this company and thought I should let people know about my experience. I won't bother in future from a random person who has nothing to do with anything. What do you want, a copy of my booking?!?! My flight e-tickets?! A photo of me boarding the plane?! My holiday snaps?! What's the point of these blogs if people don't believe when you make a legitmate post.

On a slightly negative point though (not for your info Grumpelstiltskin, but for anyone who is genuinely using this for the same reasons I do)... I have noticed that they are still advertising the original flight price on their website (the £15 cheaper one that I first tried to book) which is a little bit cheeky as this price is no longer available.
  • shelli_garcia
    shelli_garcia Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 1 March 2014 at 12:27AM
    I panicked ordering my tickets, then there was an issue with my bank and the payment, each side said it was down to the other and the money was in limbo!
    In the end Kyle at TravelcenterUK.co.uk sorted it all out for me and I got my tickets by email about 20 mins ago.
    I received a really excellent service as I am a very stressy person.
    I got a good price and Kyle was very helpful and went out of his way to put my mind at ease.

Forgot to mention Kyle is Superman! Really happy with the service :)

People are always quick to write bad reviews, but I got a good service and a good price here.

Cheers
  • They don't take a subtle hint do they?

The firm must be so desperate if they keep doing this, and thick as well.

If they expect anyone with more than 2 brain cells will fall for their ploy of constantly registering on forums and making 1 post saying how wonderful they are then as I say desperation.

So any potential customers reading this are you taken in by these ?????
    If you go down to the woods today you better not go alone.
  • tamiami
    tamiami Posts: 537 Forumite
    Not taken in at all, obviously employees posting good reviews. They must be desparate for bookings and money!!
  • Newbie here - came acorss this post during my recent flight hunting so thought I would feedback into it.

I came across these guys and they were pretty much true to form. I had done some reasearch on the web and understood that there are various companies that advertise flights at prices they don't have. Saw their ad via one of the aggregator sites - and phoned them directly.

Sure enough......sorry that price not available. Despite the fact the phone line was rubbish, the lady on the phone was actually very sweet and trying to be helpful. She came back with an actually not too bad price - Direct flight to Orlando for 5 (3 adults,2 kids) for just over £3k. Oh, sounds good I thought, lets go for it. Interestingly having got name details - she couldn't get me off the phone quick enough, as she was being called into a team meeting....:cool:

So then, I did some more web checking, came across this site and various others, which started to make me feel very nervous. The posts seem to suggest anything from bad service to fraud. Luckily I didn't have too long to wait as I got the call a couple of hours later - sorry we can't get that price - so now £3,600 - basically a grand above the web starting figure.

At that point I bailed and said no thanks - feeling rather relieved. The chap did try a rather feeble upsale - but I wasn't interested. As an aside - the originally lady did call me back the following day - but I had found other flights by then. and had no intention of delaing with them any more.

So the experience here tends to suggest these sites use the web ads as hooks to create sales leads for the people on the phone to get you speaking to them - then it's a case of getting money out of you. Thinking about it I probably didn't fit the demographic of their core targets - who I suspect are last minute flyers and people needing connections - as then you are more tied to them. Which is why they got me off the phone sharpish - onto the next one.

So just be careful - it's shame that the web seems to bring out the worst in people and the synical views about this mob are correct. Maybe they do help people with flights, but at what cost.
  • I had very bad experience with them,I book for the whole family airline flights with trukish airline to libya,but due war the flight cancelled [half of it] this was in july 2014,
    turkish airline agree to refund me but thorought the travel agent,and give me code so the travel agent get the money back,and refund me
    up till now I didnot recive any thing icall them, send E mails
    the agent seem not knowing what to do
    I spoke to stanley [head of customer service] and keep saying next week ,2 weeks
    I feel the have stolen my money nearly 2K
    I do not know what to do/ or how to comlpan to
    I need help and advice
    travelcenter, crystaltravel, cheapflight are one company
  • These two websites are one and the same company. Buyers beware!!

At the bottom of Travelcenteruk.co.uk
    "All flights, hotels and packages, purchased from Travel Center UK in and departing from the UK, are protected under our ATOL 3517 by the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA), except for scheduled flights when e-tickets are sent to you on the day of payment. This website is operated by Moresand Ltd. T/A Travel Center UK registered in England and Wales 2114691, Head Office, 38 Riding House Street, London, W1W 7ES."

At the bottom of Tourcenter.co.uk
    "All flights, hotels and packages, purchased from Tour Center in and departing from the UK, are protected under our ATOL 3517 by the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA), except for scheduled flights when e-tickets are sent to you on the day of payment. This website is operated by Moresand Ltd. T/A Tour Center registered in England and Wales 2114691, Head Office, 38 Riding House Street, London, W1W 7ES."
  • http://www.crystaltravel.co.uk
    are also the same company.

They are all owned by
    Moresand Ltd
    UK Public Limited Company, (Company number: 2114691)
    38, Riding House Street
    London
    W1W 7ES
  • I made the mistake of using these people to book a return flight. They are a bunch of charlatans. Even the names the operators use - Toby, Dylan, Tom - are fake. They often forget the fake names they are using so appear genuinely puzzled when you ask for the "Toby" to whom you spoke the day before

These people have various websites under different name e.g. Esperanza Travel and all offer flights for prices that don't actually exist. You call about the price advertised, they take all your details, waste a few days of your time, tell you they've reserved the flights for you , take your card details and then email you confirmation but, without flagging the point, for a much higher price (which presumably they hope you won't notice). When you call to query they say the flight was never guaranteed in the first place. Based on my experience this is their standard approach.

These are con artists and my strong advice would be to avoid them like the plague and book via the airlines directly. All these people will do is waste your time and you will end up spending just as much as the costs advertised by others and get a ticket that allows no changes. They omit to mention that if you miss your outgoing flight your return flight wil automatically be cancelled

For travel agents they also have the poorest grasp of geography that I've ever come across. They don't appear to be familiar with the names of any more than a few world capital cities

AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport