cheap footwear help

Good afternoon all

I need some moneysaving help. My 10year old boy has adult size 7 feet and I am finding it a struggle to keep up with the prices of decent shoes.

Can anyone tell me where I can get decent, leather (but obviously fashionable) shoes? He plays football so regularly needs boots. He will be needing new school 'trainers' shortly as well as winter boots and general smart shoes.

I don't really know where to start looking online but all the shoe shops we have gone into are either really expensive or the shoes are a bit naff.....
Official DFW nerd no 551 - proud to be dealing with my debts
Debts as of March 2014
Nationwide - £5745, Overdraft - £350,
Debts as of January 2015
Nationwide - £4997, Overdraft - £0:j

Comments

• try Wynsors online, haven't looked at the mens shoes but they are cheap
    good luck
  • dandelionclock30
    dandelionclock30 Posts: 3,235 Forumite
    edited 5 October 2014 at 7:40PM
    Ebay for trainers and look at Brantano for school shoes. You can get really cheap trainers on Ebay, good makes that have been used just once or twice etc.Sportsdirect.com also are reasonable.
    Also ask your childs school if they have any schemes going involving kit sales, I've seen before where older kids sell on their football boots cheap because they have outgrown them.
  • sacha28
    sacha28 Posts: 881 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Being 10 I'm guessing makes are important (they were to me at that age :) ) and skate shoes are in at the moment. DC's, Vans etc. Try rollersnakes.co.uk they are the cheapest I have found anywhere. I got my OH a pair of Vans (adult 10) for £20 in the sale (normally upwards of £55) and they have sales all the time.
  • pawsies
    pawsies Posts: 1,957 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    M&M direct are good
  • Thanks everyone. Believe it or not I managed to find wrongly sized trainers in the Nike outlet for £21 - RESULT!!

I'll try some of the other sites suggested as I've not heard of some of them.

Thanks again
    Official DFW nerd no 551 - proud to be dealing with my debts
    Debts as of March 2014
    Nationwide - £5745, Overdraft - £350,
    Debts as of January 2015
    Nationwide - £4997, Overdraft - £0:j
  • newcook
    newcook Posts: 5,001 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Sports direct is always good for a bargain or 2!
  • suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    tK maxx

Look every week, esp on the bottom shelfs.

We buy all grandsons shoes here. Last bargain this week were a pair of kickers for £3
  • Queen81
    Queen81 Posts: 167 Forumite
    I agree with Sports Direct. Also, Getthelabel.com and m&m direct.
  • My youngest had size 11 feet by the time he was in Year 6, so buying affordable shoes for him has been a challenge for a while. Luckily, his feet seemed to have stopped growing (size 15). I buy from Wyndsors usually. Trainers and hiking boots come from Sports Direct, and occasionally I buy trainers from Jacamo (but I buy a couple of pairs to save postage).
  • My girls are really hard on their shoes and my 10 year old in particular only gets a few weeks out of any shoes, even clarks.

I think the best are kickers, it is a false economy to buy cheaper ones in my experience and kickers seem to last my girls a whole year now that their feet have slowed down.

On Amazon you can get kickers for £49.99 with free deliver as I have just this week bought some.

Well worth the investment I think.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport