i feel like having a larf on there tonight

brb,
    tumblr_lyv1ozwA8I1r6pvbno1_500.jpg
    helpful tips
    it's spelt d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y
    there - 'in or at that place'
    their - 'owned by them'
    they're - 'they are'
    it's bought not brought (i just bought my chicken a suit from that new shop for £6.34)
  • superhoop
    superhoop Posts: 318
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Here's another cracker - seriously, do people expect they are going to be given this stuff for free?

I am looking for a handheld GPS for our family Geocaching activities. it does not need to be top of the range or anything like that, just one I can add way points to and follow.I can collect at anytime.

Might give this geocaching lark a try, if someone will give me the kit! And I actually knew what it was...
    We are QPR, say we are QPR!
  • pulliptears
    pulliptears Posts: 14,575
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    superhoop wrote: »
    Here's another cracker - seriously, do people expect they are going to be given this stuff for free?

I am looking for a handheld GPS for our family Geocaching activities. it does not need to be top of the range or anything like that, just one I can add way points to and follow.I can collect at anytime.

Might give this geocaching lark a try, if someone will give me the kit! And I actually knew what it was...

Geocaching is fun actually, its basically a treasure hunt. There are 'caches' hidden all over the world in all sorts of places. You follow the co-ordinates from either a map, GPS or smart phone app then hunt out the hidden box. The box usually has a piece of paper which you sign then return. Some caches have a small badge or toy in which you take and replace with a token of your own.

Its actually great fun.

Have a look here, I'll bet there is a cache within a few miles of you:
    http://www.geocaching.com/
  • superhoop
    superhoop Posts: 318
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Thanks for explaining that! It does sound quite interesting!

Now, if only I can get some geocaching kit for nothing! :rotfl:
    We are QPR, say we are QPR!
  • Ghostlove
    Ghostlove Posts: 237 Forumite
    superhoop wrote: »
    Thanks for explaining that! It does sound quite interesting!

Now, if only I can get some geocaching kit for nothing! :rotfl:

I believe if you have a mobile phone with GPS (like an iPhone, an Android phone or the like) you can use it for geocaching. I've never tried to do it though, so I can't guarantee that a smartphone's GPS is precise enough. Mine manages to locate me pretty well though.
    I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
  • pulliptears
    Forumite
    Ghostlove wrote: »
    I believe if you have a mobile phone with GPS (like an iPhone, an Android phone or the like) you can use it for geocaching. I've never tried to do it though, so I can't guarantee that a smartphone's GPS is precise enough. Mine manages to locate me pretty well though.

Its not bad, though OH's Galaxy S II is a little better at pinpointing it than my iPhone 4.

The App is available on the app store for £6.99 though there is a free intro app.
  • Ghostlove
    Ghostlove Posts: 237 Forumite
    I think there are multiple apps for it, so it might be worth shopping around - always read the reviews before purchasing an app though!
    I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
  • pulliptears
    Forumite
    Ghostlove wrote: »
    I think there are multiple apps for it, so it might be worth shopping around - always read the reviews before purchasing an app though!

There are, but the geocaching one is the best as its linked to the site, you can get hints if you are stuck, have a look at a photo of the cache or just post to the site that you have found it.
  • grayme-m
    grayme-m Posts: 1,484
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Sounds dangerous?
    WANTED
    Demijohns
    Hi, I am getting married in July & having a garden party reception - I'm looking for demijohns if anyone has any laying about please?? I'm going to take the bottoms off and use them to put over church candals :)
    Can collect - please let me know if you/anyone you know has any!

Thanks for your time.

Priorities?
    WANTED
    needs a TV
    hi i needa tv for my new flat as i have just moved in an i hardly have anything thanks

What's wrong with a table, rather than more furniture?
    WANTED
    writing bureau
    hi Im looking for a writing bureau as I am going back to school and need a place to study in a small house

Why? :)
    WANTED
    2011 A4 Dirary
    Hi. Does anyone have an unused 2011 A4 diary, week-to-a-view that they have spare? Thanks.

She is only reasonable?
    WANTED
    cot bed/toddler bed
    Hello I am looking for a cot bed/toddler bed for my little girl in reasonable condition. With or without mattress many thanks xx

Wha?!
    WANTED
    Chihuahua/small dog various items
    hi i am looking for various items for my chihuahua, clothes/coats, toys, bed/bedding anything really :)
    Toyota - 'Always a better way', avoid buying Toyota.
  • lindseykim13
    lindseykim13 Posts: 2,978 Forumite
    edited 14 March 2012 at 8:31PM
    Wanted to vent my annoyance at people actually offering junk. I replied to this add
    offered-various-toys, kids magazines, clothes, suitable for car boot.

Turned out to be a mouldy granny style shopping trolley, ripped and stained clothes (5 items) no toys, no magazines.
    The lot needed to be dumped and thats exactly what i did, some people really take the pee and expect a free dump service.

I couldn't give something that disgusting away- i made my dh clean the rabbit hutch we gave away the other week.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure