PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily thread Tuesday 26th May

Comments

• Good Morning everyone, grey heretoday but not at all cold. Docky slept in his 'cone' last night and no more damage to his nosey this morning. Big patch of open has granulated and he's out for morning walkies with Dadi. Vet at 11.30 this morning with the senior vet who knows him best. Need to take advice on how to proceed from here and keep him comfortable if it's possible, also need to be advised of 'management' of the wound if it's not going to heal properly in the long term, if there is one. Thank you all for your kindness and support, it helps so very much and your kindness makes times like these less hard to live through. Will post again when I know what the position is. Docky sends all of you ER BYG LYKKE!!!!!
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Morning :hello:[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Mrs LW Oh no, poor Docky. I hope he's OK, fingers crossed for his appointment x[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I used a heat patch on my leg yesterday, it wasn't enough so I used two. Still didn't do a lot so I put stuck them straight on to my skin, apparently you're not supposed to do that but I didn't care by then :D By teatime I was able to work in the greenhouse, kneeling on the floor and getting back up again without pain. I had to move slowly but it was so much better. It's still very tight this morning but not painful, I'll keep using the brufen gel for a couple of days.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]My hall window looks awful with material taped to it, but it's doing the trick – there was no frenzied barking from Scampi. He was relaxed all day, there was the odd bark when heard neighbours in their gardens but he stopped when told to. This is what having a pet dog is supposed to be like :D[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I didn't get round to hoovering yesterday, the floor's a mess but I was so pleased that Scampi was relaxed for once and I didn't want to change that by having him chase the hoover about :D Will get that done today. I have a couple of loads of washing to do and a few tomato plants need taller canes. I won't be doing the morning walks for a couple of days, everyone else is at work so ball games in the garden are in order :D
    [/FONT]

:beer:
    Bulletproof
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Morning all
    I feel like I've done a days work already today. I've dropped hubby at work, got the front tyre blown up, had the car cleaned, collected my glasses from the opticians, done a little shopping, got washing on the line, emptied & refilled the DW. Phew, time for a cuppa I think.
    Judi, oh dear, what a wake up call, Tru, glad the fabric has helped Scampi, fingers crossed for Docky.
    Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    JackieO

Good luck with the operation.

Mrs L

Fingers crossed for docky.

Remembered today was bin day so dragged it out on the road, loaded dishwasher and cleared kitchen a little. Emptied pulley of bedding and threw dirty laundry into basket downstairs.

Made a cup of tea and had nice peaceful shower and shampoo, looked out a clean outfit and having a browse on here while hair dries a bit.

Postman has just delivered a small parcel and I need to check buses to York to see dd around lunchtime. She is starting a morning volunteering for charity so hope that makes her feel more like her old self of a few years ago. Might treat us to a cheap lunch but will go with the flow.

No idea what to cook tonight but there is a freezer shop near the bus stop so might see if they have frozen pastry to make a quiche etc or anything that looks tasty and healthy that I can cook properly rather than processed stuff.

I need to send off details re DH's company pension but can't seem to get it done. Will give myself a shake when I get home and make a start and can post it tomorrow and get envelope weighed properly.

Tomorrow is our 33rd anniversary and will be difficult but have cleaners coming so will have to be sensible.

Hugs to all
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hugs Elona, chin up.
    Good luck Jackie
    Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • Good morning all.

The handyman is here and getting on with his work, and I am feeling really good for once, and motivated. I am on hold to npower to sort out my bills, and have paid two others this morning. It's amazing how much lighter you feel when you tackle something that's been preying on your mind for a while.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,092 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 26 May 2015 at 1:18PM
    Ooh Judi, what a wake up call this morning for you, well done for sorting it out that time of the morning, I would be gagging .

I was... so were the men as they stepped gingerly round it holding their noses as they headed for the door.:D

Well ive had my hours nap. I couldn't hold up any longer.:( Maybe it will give me a bit more enthusiasm to finish off the household chores.

Hope all went well at the vets MrsLW. An update please.
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Good Morning everyone, grey heretoday but not at all cold. Docky slept in his 'cone' last night and no more damage to his nosey this morning. Big patch of open has granulated and he's out for morning walkies with Dadi. Vet at 11.30 this morning with the senior vet who knows him best. Need to take advice on how to proceed from here and keep him comfortable if it's possible, also need to be advised of 'management' of the wound if it's not going to heal properly in the long term, if there is one. Thank you all for your kindness and support, it helps so very much and your kindness makes times like these less hard to live through. Will post again when I know what the position is. Docky sends all of you ER BYG LYKKE!!!!!

Oh dear, I've been awol for a few days, and missed what's been going on with Docky. Healing vibes coming his way.

Pippa was collected yesterday; and the franchisee had a favour to ask of me. My next booking wasn't to be til 19th June; but one of his other hosts has had to back out of a booking as her mum is very poorly, so I have a Ridgeback/Collie cross coming to me on Thursday for 9 days. He's bigger than the dogs I usually look after (we have only a tiny bungalow) but I'm told he has a lovely nature, so we should be fine.

I've been doing more painting in the kitchen; did 2 coats on the area above the cupboards and behind the fridge/freezer yesterday, which just leaves the bit behind the washing machine. I've put one coat on that this morning, and will do the 2nd coat later this afternoon, then that's all the walls done. Hooray!!
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • wealthygirl
    wealthygirl Posts: 409 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Good afternoon everyone.

I've not been around the last few days, not sure what happened to the BH, lots of chores and catching up.

Have caught up with everyone's news, so hugs to everyone. :grouphug:

Its nice and sunny today, I have washing on the line and have done a few bits indoors. DD has her friends from Bromley coming to stay the night, so it will be nice for her, with lots of laughter in the house.

I'm going to just do chicken burgers and chips for them tonight, and will do some baking shortly with some biscuits and some chocolate muffins.

Hugs to everyone and have a good day.:)
    SPC 11 #445
  • Hi all, vets are such comforting people to deal with, he checked our boy over and has added in a strong pain killer to his other regular drugs to help control his discomfort. He explained that nerve pain is like neuralgia and very deep so most uncomfortable for Docky. His advice is to take it one day at a time from here on in, to judge the quality of life the lad has and when we feel he's not coping the vet will come to the house and help him rest. We've got 3 weeks worth of his new tablets which the vet thinks may be enough but we've got him still today, so today is OK! Took him for a nice walk in the recreation ground and met one of his doggy pals in the waiting room at the vets, so Docky at least is a happy boy xxx.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure