Lost in PPI Fog...please help

Hi!
I'm feeling bombarded by all this talk about PPI reclaims, and TV adverts, but not sure if it applies to me. We took out a repayment mortgage with Halifax in 1978, then were persuaded in 1989-ish to take on an Endowment with Abbey Life; mortgage repaid to Halifax in 2008 approx. Can anyone tell me if I should be applying? And whether to Abbey Life or Halifax, or both. Thank you for any advice. XXX
Mortgage Free in Three cheerleader

Comments

• It doesn't sound as if you had any PPI to complain about.
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,819 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    No ppi there.

Forget it and move on
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,318 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Can anyone tell me if I should be applying? And whether to Abbey Life or Halifax, or both.

PPi didnt exist in 1978. Abbey Life are a life assurance company and didnt sell PPI. Endowments are no more PPI than your car insurance or your house insurance.

You sound like you are similar to the majority of the population and havent had PPI and havent been missold.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure