Mortgage Offer!!!

So, a big day, after the big B in August 2012, and discharge in August 2013, I today had a mortgage offer through and I'm going to be buying my own house after what seems like a very long time in purgatory...

I did the same as others here, made sure my credit file was squeaky clean, got a good job and saved the deposit.

It was still a very very nervous time awaiting the credit check etc.

Just wanted to show others that there is light at the end of the tunnel! Onwards and Upwards peeps!
BTW - It's with Metro Bank, and it went to the underwriters for a decision.
:beer:

Comments

• National_Debtline
    National_Debtline Posts: 7,998 Organisation Representative
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi Saltytar

That's great to hear. Congrats, enjoy your new home.

Dennis
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
  • Congrats! Must be such a relief. My husband was on an IVA and it really affected us. When he was discharged and we bought his credit report to such a good level that 2 months after the 6 year mark, we applied for a mortgage and got it! X
    Serial lurker..
  • Hi was that with a deposit? Is it a min of 5% they ask for isn!!!8217;t it? Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure