Forever Home Fund

Options

Comments

• shangaijimmy
    Options
    £1k a month off captial, what a lovely feeling. Congratulations.
    MFW: Was: £136,000.......Now: £61,892.24......
    Mortgage Neutral Deficit: £43,082.90... Mortgage Neutral Savings: £18,809.34

MFiT-T6 #13 - £3,517 of £15,500 (22.69%)
    1% Mortgage Challenge 2022 - £157.59 of £650
  • katep23
    katep23 Posts: 1,406 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Phoned new lender and they have changed the first payment to round it up, they need to wait until that is applied before they can change our regular monthly payment to the same amount.

Then we will be OPing over £500 per month whilst only paying £250 more than we were on our old deal - fab!

Also registered for online banking so just got to wait for activation code in post then I'll be able to log in. Quite impressed with the lender so far!
  • Kittenkirst
    Kittenkirst Posts: 2,563 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    KateP- we are in a similar position with the remortgage rate impact. So pleased as it’ll make a huge difference. We will pay our usual amount (including our regular overpayment) and it will mean an extra £200 off the capital monthly. Yay :j :beer:
    First home- Oct’16 until June’21: £170.995- Overpayments made £13,784 (25% extra!).
    New forever home- Sep’21 £309,449 @ 2.05%. Plan to clear it before 30 years!!!!!!
  • katep23
    edited 26 February 2018 at 8:18PM
    Options
    Managed to get logged into internet banking for new mortgage, seems like interest is added / shown monthly so current total is £320,995.

First payment should get us back into the £319s and if I cannot "see" interest being added then as far as I am concerned we will be out of the £320s permanently!

First big target is get below £310k which should be November 2018, then get below £300k which is due to be June 2019. Oh and pay back the money borrowed for the car of course!
  • katep23
    Options
    Managed a NSD despite being at a meeting next to a shopping centre and having an hour for lunch!

So much for Frugal February though, has been an expensive month. Roll on Miserly March!

Just claimed another £10 Amazon card from Sw@gbucks, might be using it for groceries at this rate!
  • katep23
    Options
    Mortgage account showing start balance (£320,995), first payment and total with no interest added on, feels very off not to know my exact balance on any given day (with 24 hours delay) as I had with old account!

Waiting on another £10 Amazon from SB and about 1/4 there to the next one.

Been rubbish at getting to gym for the last 2 / 3 weeks so trying to get there today and tomorrow to get me back into routine.

Waiting on news regarding a pay rise (since I raised it in November!) Need to sit down with boss and give him a deadline.

Trouble is public sector is all about reducing costs now but I've been there two years and they offered me a lower salary than I was after as I was less experienced than colleagues but I have learned a lot over last 2 years and do the same work.

Doesn't hurt that my profile is building up with corporate management, several of whom I am assisting with projects at the moment, and who will be the ones to approve an increase. It will cost them more to recruit a replacement if I were to leave, which I don't want to do as I actually enjoy my job.

£15 in interest on savings and current account last month, used to offset the debt.

Applied for two more credit cards to BT stooze money - terrifyingly I now have credit limits which are 1.5 times my salary. Back to the bad old days. One card I applied for asked how much credit limit I would like (£4K) and then gave me £8K. No wonder debt levels are getting so high again. But very happy to see

And I finally managed to get logged in to MSE credit club. After years of my address not appearing in the list (issue with Royal Mail), I was excited when it finally appeared then disappointed when I still couldn't be verified.

Had a sudden thought recently and tried a different email address which is my old email and the one I had registered with Experien, Equifax etc years ago and bingo! Will be interesting to see my credit utilisation next month when everything catches up.
  • katep23
    Options
    So looking forward to 4 days off, we're planning on finishing the utility room which was started at Christmas! We should have all the materials so hopefully no spends required.

Been plugging away at SB and getting Amazon vouchers regularly; it reduces our spend on things we would have bought anyway but I would prefer cash! Also signed up for Prolific, really enjoy the surveys on there.

MUST get better at ebaying this weekend; we have moved out of our bedroom to decorate and moved into the spare room which is cozy but rather small. It has highlighted how much stuff (especially clothes) we have so need to rationalise and declutter.

We'll be in the spare room for several weeks as we intend to take up floor and rewire / put more lights in kitchen and various other jobs so we have to be comfortable whilst we're there.
  • katep23
    Options
    December 2014
    Mortgage £346,545.00
    Mortgage free date 2044
    LTV 86.64%

4th April 2018
    Mortgage £318,175.03

Total paid off capital in last month: N/A
    Total paid off capital: £28,419.97

MOS: £0

LTV: 70.71

Amount to Mortgage Neutral - £333,750.34
  • katep23
    edited 4 April 2018 at 7:52AM
    Options
    So our mortgage has increased due to the ERC of remortgaging but we are almost back to pre-remortgage value and should be there next month. By my calculation, we'll be in the £200s by May next year!

ATMN has increased due to buying OH car, we used stooze money and money transfers to fund and this is all on 0%, my plan is to BT once 0% ends and keep the money in savings to negate the fees as much as possible.

We have earned £16 in interest this month, every little helps!

Listing OH's old car this weekend so hopefully that will sell quickly for a reasonable amount and reduce the debt.

Also had confirmation that I got my payrise and it is more than I had anticipated so that will help reduce the debt
  • katep23
    Options
    Result! Payrise was going to tip me into the next bracket of pension contributions, however my organisation has just announced the pension bands for the new financial year and I avoid having to pay an extra 1.7%!

Result is about £50 per month more take home and as it is DB there is no impact on what I will get at the end.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback