Work place offering pay rise but

13»

Comments

• badmemory
    badmemory Posts: 7,739 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Do many of your co-workers know that this payrise has been enforced & is NOT your employers choice? Try asking them. At least 25% will be saying how nice of them & won't have a clue!
  • Malthusian
    Malthusian Posts: 10,931 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    The letter states that all the staff are getting an increased salary. The OP has said that some of the staff are on "25k plus". Some staff members are therefore getting an increased salary at the discretion of the charity, absolutely nothing to do with minimum wage. The letter is entirely truthful.

Of course they could write "we hope that those of you who are not on minimum wage will see that we appreciate the work you do; as for those who are on minimum wage, we don't appreciate you at all and we're only giving you a raise because we're forced to" but why on earth would they do that?
  • TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,455 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    Malthusian wrote: »
    The letter states that all the staff are getting an increased salary. The OP has said that some of the staff are on "25k plus". Some staff members are therefore getting an increased salary at the discretion of the charity, absolutely nothing to do with minimum wage. The letter is entirely truthful.

Of course they could write "we hope that those of you who are not on minimum wage will see that we appreciate the work you do; as for those who are on minimum wage, we don't appreciate you at all and we're only giving you a raise because we're forced to" but why on earth would they do that?

As you say, the letter is accurate but I'd love to see the version at the bottom sent out:D
  • For me it!!!8217;s not about who is getting what it is more the case of how they have worded it. How they have said that !!!8220;trustees have secured a wage review which will see increased salaries for all staff in April!!!8221; well they haven!!!8217;t secured anything for those on minimum wage as they are being forced to give that raise, !!!8220;we hope that you, our staff will see that we appreciate the work you do!!!8221; how have they show those on minimum wage that they are appreciated.

I understand everything that everyone has said but I can!!!8217;t uderstand how they can get away with not telling the truth it!!!8217;s shocking.
  • For me it!!!8217;s not about who is getting what it is more the case of how they have worded it. How they have said that !!!8220;trustees have secured a wage review which will see increased salaries for all staff in April!!!8221; well they haven!!!8217;t secured anything for those on minimum wage as they are being forced to give that raise, !!!8220;we hope that you, our staff will see that we appreciate the work you do!!!8221; how have they show those on minimum wage that they are appreciated.

I understand everything that everyone has said but I can!!!8217;t uderstand how they can get away with not telling the truth it!!!8217;s shocking.

Without a wage review, an increased wages allocation, there would be redundancies.

How else are you wanting them to show you are appreciated?
  • hcb42
    hcb42 Posts: 5,962 Forumite
    this is reality

NMW workers get that rise - those over it get the standard 1% or nothing

not worth getting upset over
  • Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    For me it!!!8217;s not about who is getting what it is more the case of how they have worded it. How they have said that !!!8220;trustees have secured a wage review which will see increased salaries for all staff in April!!!8221; well they haven!!!8217;t secured anything for those on minimum wage as they are being forced to give that raise, !!!8220;we hope that you, our staff will see that we appreciate the work you do!!!8221; how have they show those on minimum wage that they are appreciated.

They are telling the truth, and here's another truth: if you complained to me about this, I'd sack you.

So maybe it's lucky you have a more 'understanding' boss
  • bertiewhite
    bertiewhite Posts: 1,904 Forumite
    First Post
    Will the pay rise be enough to pay for prostitutes? :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure