PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The All New Bang on Trend Cookbook Challenge 2018

Comments

• bouicca21 wrote: »
    Sweet potato, chickpea and spinach coconut curry sounds gorgeous - recipe please!

I can't post the link is here to the website the recipe came from as I'm new- it was from a vegan website called the vegan 8 - put this into google and its the top one
    'vegan sweet potato chickpea and spinich coconut curry'

I loved it, 13 year old didn't like it, ate half then gave up (scored it 1/5) 12 year old was sceptical when he saw chickpeas but I reminded him humus is made from chickpeas and he tentatively tried it :T he scored it 3.5/5
  • Whereabouts in Cheshire? I'm fairly local, living in a suburb of South Manchester

Curry sounds lovely, I did try Meat free Mondays a while ago. Found it quite tricky was hubby is a carnivore and the kids are a bit picky. Be interested to hear what recipes you have planned.

Mondays work well as my hubby doesn't eat dinner with us on a Monday :rotfl: He's a massive carnivore too!
  • New recipe I'm planning this weekend is Jamie Olivers Unbelievable Provencal Bake. We saw him make this on his Friday Night Feast programme and have been wanting to make it ever since.

Planning Halloumi & roasted vegetable wraps this Monday, should please the 13yo as he loves Halloumi.
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,079 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I made another new to me recipe the other day (from the internet)- Portuguese sardine pate. Very easy just tinned sardines, some of the oil from the tin, softened butter, juice of 1/2 a lemon, a tbsp or so of finely diced onion, a tsp of capers (or gherkins), white pepper, a heaped tbsp chopped fresh parsley and a couple of sundried tomatoes (or 1tbsp tom puree or ketchup). Everything was blended until combined and fairly smooth and chilled for an hour before using. It was lovely and went really well with the Portuguese green bean soup.
    I've still to make Nigella's Mushroom & Potato gratin- will make it at the weekend.
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    caronc wrote: »
    I made another new to me recipe the other day (from the internet)- Portuguese sardine pate. Very easy just tinned sardines, some of the oil from the tin, softened butter, juice of 1/2 a lemon, a tbsp or so of finely diced onion, a tsp of capers (or gherkins), white pepper, a heaped tbsp chopped fresh parsley and a couple of sundried tomatoes (or 1tbsp tom puree or ketchup). Everything was blended until combined and fairly smooth and chilled for an hour before using. It was lovely and went really well with the Portuguese green bean soup.
    I've still to make Nigella's Mushroom & Potato gratin- will make it at the weekend.

Oh im so making that I adore sardines ...I can see this with a big pile of melba toast being a staple for me :) x
  • caronc
    Nelski wrote: »
    Oh im so making that I adore sardines ...I can see this with a big pile of melba toast being a staple for me :) x
    It's very moreish, lots of recipes online. I used two tins of sardines but only the oil from one.:D
  • caronc
    olgemama wrote: »
    New recipe I'm planning this weekend is Jamie Olivers Unbelievable Provencal Bake. We saw him make this on his Friday Night Feast programme and have been wanting to make it ever since.

Planning Halloumi & roasted vegetable wraps this Monday, should please the 13yo as he loves Halloumi.
    Just Googled that bake - sounds lush and of course it's pancake day on Tuesday......:cool:
  • Did a half lamb leg in the slow cooker today, extra bonus that my 2 oldest son's who are fussy about texture and chewy meat both ate it. I've got a bit left which I'm going to turn into hotpot later this month, so will cube it and freeze!
    Grocery Challenge 2020
    Jan £377.98/£380, Feb £417.83/£370 March /£400
  • Did a half lamb leg in the slow cooker today, extra bonus that my 2 oldest son's who are fussy about texture and chewy meat both ate it. I've got a bit left which I'm going to turn into hotpot later this month, so will cube it and freeze!

How did you do the lamb in the slow cooker? I don't use mine as much as I ought to. Kids and hubby adore lamb.
  • donnajt
    donnajt Posts: 1,085 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Tonight I'm trying a new Simming World recipe - Paprika Pork - fingers crossed
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure