Making cards - Ideas for beginners (part 4)

Comments

• Myzdamena
    Myzdamena Posts: 1,713 Forumite
    Marg wrote: »

Myz - sorry didn't mean to offend you - many others on here love it!

You didn't :beer:

...it's just i'm sick of seeing whinge whinge whinge, mostly on my facebook statuses... so when i want to post but not about all the crud I find something to jump up and down about instead

...and probably drive people mad being too 'happy' :p

I guess I need more of a happy medium hehe xxxxx
    :j A-well-a bird, bird, bird...b-bird's the word :j
  • Gemm85
    Gemm85 Posts: 1,642 Forumite
    Myzdamena wrote: »
    You didn't :beer:

...it's just i'm sick of seeing whinge whinge whinge, mostly on my facebook statuses... so when i want to post but not about all the crud I find something to jump up and down about instead

...and probably drive people mad being too 'happy' :p

I guess I need more of a happy medium hehe xxxxx

lol, you certainly got me thinking...I havent even STARTED my christmas shopping yet :eek:
  • Phew you lot have been busy!!

I have listed my last 41 dies tonight making that 137 for sale in total!!!

Scary think is i probably have enough to do another 5 or so listings this size!

Really dreading getting this lot to the post office!!!
  • Myzdamena
    lol, you certainly got me thinking...I havent even STARTED my christmas shopping yet :eek:
    We are struggling a bit financially at the minute... we applied for benefits after hubby was made redundant in August and they stiill haven't sorted it yet!!!??!!!

So I've been making naughty cross stitches to sell to people for Christmas so it's been on my mind for ages...

Plus I hardly ever stop thinking about Christmas really...not *only* because I'm a big kid ;) ... but also because throughout the year we buy things so we don't get stuck near Christmas with no money or presents

..lol which this year was definitely A Good Thing as when he was made redundant we already had 1/3 of Christmas sorted lol ;) ... well ok *I* had it sorted .... ;)

People are getting some made things too for Christmas this year..and they'll like it or lump it! hehe

xxx
  • Myzdamena
    Phew you lot have been busy!!

I have listed my last 41 dies tonight making that 137 for sale in total!!!

Scary think is i probably have enough to do another 5 or so listings this size!

Really dreading getting this lot to the post office!!!

Was drooling over what you had there yesterday already :rotfl:
  • CT19720
    CT19720 Posts: 1,482 Forumite
    Thanks Padster - you made me feel so much better about breaking mine, knowing that it isn't just me!

I'll have a look at EK punches. Just found one by Dovercraft on Ebay, that would do the job I think, but my OH says it is very similar to the woodware one, so i'd more than likely break that one too.

I'll keep looking.
    2016 is the year I am going to find time for me, and cherish the time I spend with my friends and family.
    It is also time to save - Aim £4,000 - So far this year - £230/£4,000
  • CT19720
    CT19720 Posts: 1,482 Forumite
    Marg wrote: »
    CT - One of the best (& cheapest) punches I got when I first started was from Tesco's crafty bit. It punches little flowers about 1.5cm wide similar to the one shown - I can punch some for you to see if the size will do? Or I have another (make unknown) that punches our at 2.5cm. The bigger one is nowhere near as good as Mr T's and when it broke I contacted the company & sent me a new one but it's still not brilliant. - It was called an asterix (sp?). HTH

Myz - sorry didn't mean to offend you - many others on here love it!

Rusty - Please don't go AWOL I'm sure we can help cheer you up & get you through the grim times ((Hugs))

Thanks Marg - I've got 3 big Tescos near me, and am off tomorrow so will go and have a look. 1.5cm in size is perfect, my problem is that the linen card is 'thickish' so I think any punch would struggle to be honest.

Can you just tell me whether the Tesco punch you have, has a leaver like the woodware one, or a button at the top that you push down to punch the flower.

Thanks for you help.

xx
    2016 is the year I am going to find time for me, and cherish the time I spend with my friends and family.
    It is also time to save - Aim £4,000 - So far this year - £230/£4,000
  • CT19720 wrote: »
    Thanks Padster - you made me feel so much better about breaking mine, knowing that it isn't just me!

I'll have a look at EK punches. Just found one by Dovercraft on Ebay, that would do the job I think, but my OH says it is very similar to the woodware one, so i'd more than likely break that one too.

I'll keep looking.

I had a dovecraft small circle one and that didn't last as long as the woodware one but maybe thats just me :o only paid 99p for that one though.

marg I'm with you re xmas have only got a few bits this year and am normally sorted by end of October or at least know what I'm gonna get but have even less interest than usual this year.
    Yes I do know what my pressies are OH bought what I told him to :rotfl: :rotfl:
    Officially a non-smoker but still rounder than recommended :p
  • Well done CT

Hugs Rusty
    September GC 30th aug-4th Oct £332.74/£375 NSD 3
    Gc Jan £234.85/200 :(Feb £298.92/280:(March £298.42/£280:( April £270.49/280:) May Gc £351.08/£350 June £300.06/280 July £256.15/£240
    Aug £318.74/£280
  • PepPop
    PepPop Posts: 1,790 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    CT Oh no :( I haven't got anything. It was a holiday weekend here and my mail is a bit irratic. I'll keep my fingers crossed that's it's still on its way to me. :(
    Brilliant sales on your cards, I'm not surprised they're selling well.

Thanks for that Myz, I think?!?! Please don't flounce - dance
    HS_santa_dancing.gif

Wifey have a great weekend in Eurodisney - could you sneak me in your case and drop me off in Paris please?????

Rusty Sending you HUGE HUGS sorry you feel the need to take time out but I look forward to you coming back.
    HSbearhugblinkie1.gif

I don't want to depress anyone but I was reading about spoonies on a blog, it's not sad just enlightening. I don't have any illnesses but I really made me realise what it must be like. If you want a read here's the link
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure