PPI Query - What To Do

Hi All,

Thought I would ask here before deadline hits as I have had a few PPI queries running through my head

1. - What is the cut-off date going back that you can challenge PPI - I’ve had 2 or 3 questionable loans while I have had a mortgage - 15 years - would they be eligible to challenge

2. - I have had an egg credit card and marbles credit card - no info on either any more - I’ve only lived at 2 address while I would have had them - is it worth a shot

3. - A while ago I had a loan attached to my mortgage which when I recall I was advised by mortgage advisor at the time that this was a bad deal and should consolidate the debt as it’s not good to have a 2nd charge on house - so I said fine and moved and saved money - however went back to the mortgage company who I am still with and they have no record of the payment to the company so I have no way to trace and they don’t keep records that far back.

Am I at no hope on PPI or would I have a chance - your thoughts please
Pigsback - £230 vouchers + £30 wc 28.01.08 + 5000 points waiting/chasing
Quidco - £246 Claimed, £65 Qeuries, £8 validated
Bank Charges - £3000+ recieved back, thanks to MSE:beer: :rotfl: :T

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Which accounts had PPI and what are your mis sale reasons?
  • rob200375
    rob200375 Posts: 207 Forumite
    I have no idea on any of the 3 as - I have no paperwork only a memory that i did have accounts with them all and I may have had PPI but have no idea to be honest

i think all of these accounts were more than 6 years ago so no record on credit report either
  • [Deleted User]
    I suggest you ask the lenders whether you had PPI as a first step.

If neither of you have a record, then obviously there is nothing left to pursue.
  • rob200375
    rob200375 Posts: 207 Forumite
    ok - can do that for egg and marbles

not sure how i would track who point 3 was - any suggestions how i find this out as this is the 1 account where i would of thought i had PPI and it was for a bigger amount
  • [Deleted User]
    If you don't have a record and it's not on your files, that's it.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,252 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    3. - A while ago I had a loan attached to my mortgage which when I recall I was advised by mortgage advisor at the time that this was a bad deal and should consolidate the debt as it!!!8217;s not good to have a 2nd charge on house - so I said fine and moved and saved money - however went back to the mortgage company who I am still with and they have no record of the payment to the company so I have no way to trace and they don!!!8217;t keep records that far back.

Was this pre-regulation of insurance (14th Jan 2005)? Advisers/brokers were not regulated prior to that date.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    r!!!00375 wrote: »
    What is the cut-off date going back that you can challenge PPI
    You don't "challenge" PPI, you first ascertain whether you had the insurance and then complain it was mis-sold if you have reasons for doing so.
    I!!!8217;ve had 2 or 3 questionable loans while I have had a mortgage - 15 years - would they be eligible to challenge
    I'm not sure what you mean by "questionable"....
    Am I at no hope on PPI or would I have a chance -
    It's probably worth contacting the respective lenders, if only to set your mind at rest.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure