School refusing

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,090 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Good luck with it all. Hope things get a bit easier.

Just started reading this thread... is it a primary or secondary? The teachers sound like they can't give be bothered to take into account individual needs.

I'm surprised that if shes refusing to learn the subject that badly they would force her to attend? I was removed from religious studies for refusing to do anything without even asking. Can't have their school league table/exam results ruined... lol. Other pupils treated the same in various subjects.
  • atrixblue.-MFR-.
    atrixblue.-MFR-. Posts: 6,887 Forumite
    edited 4 March 2018 at 4:40PM
    af273 wrote: »
    Good luck with it all. Hope things get a bit easier.

Just started reading this thread... is it a primary or secondary? The teachers sound like they can't give be bothered to take into account individual needs.

I'm surprised that if shes refusing to learn the subject that badly they would force her to attend? I was removed from religious studies for refusing to do anything without even asking. Can't have their school league table/exam results ruined... lol. Other pupils treated the same in various subjects.
    hi its secondary school welcome to the blog! sorry for no updates lately ive been dealing with akathisia, still am to the point ive given myself plantar facsciitus of the heel from pacing.
  • Theres still no word on the referral after I signed it. Although snow days could account for the delay.

twin 2 is now also starting to refuse school got a meeting in the morning with deputy head. she wont tell me whats going on nor her nan so she's going to have to spill it to the school, its getting tougher and tougher lately to be able to deal with things when I'm just about coping with my own mental health issues. between twin 1 and 2 and myself we just about make up a functioning human being.LOL
  • System
    System Posts: 178,090 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I have no advice but i wish you and her the best of luck and hope it gets sorted. I'm sorry she;'s been self harming I've strugggled with that issue since i was 12(i'm 31 now) and its horrible for everyone going through it, my parents didn;t know what to do to help. At the time when i was in school we had a social worker who came in and i found talking to her helped a bit, no idea if there is similar support in her school.
  • Well when I think we get two steps forward back 6 steps we go.

The meeting I wanted with her psyc cons, has been and gone without me!. I had the letter responding to Twin 1 letter for school and welsh assistance to did apply, it mentions nothing infact makes out to be a liar stating ive never reported any sensory issues, yet when ive completed any forms ive always put sensory issues down. I could cry, this letter is of no use. When I called them I was told I would not be getting a meeting now for weeks. I'm fuming
  • batg
    batg Posts: 295 Forumite
    is the second twin now acting up because they have seen their sister refuse certain lessons and not want to be wearing the official school uniform?
  • GwylimT
    GwylimT Posts: 6,530 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Theres still no word on the referral after I signed it. Although snow days could account for the delay.

twin 2 is now also starting to refuse school got a meeting in the morning with deputy head. she wont tell me whats going on nor her nan so she's going to have to spill it to the school, its getting tougher and tougher lately to be able to deal with things when I'm just about coping with my own mental health issues. between twin 1 and 2 and myself we just about make up a functioning human being.LOL

Referrals typically take a minumun of eight weeks.
  • batg wrote: »
    is the second twin now acting up because they have seen their sister refuse certain lessons and not want to be wearing the official school uniform?
    nope bullying is the issue there.
  • GwylimT wrote: »
    Referrals typically take a minumun of eight weeks.
    Because ive been through this I kept numbers so I could call people I kept the home tutoring head of departments number I gave her a call and she is supposed to be picking it up for meeting as soon as it was delivered. another call Monday I think is in order see how far along we are.

ive also got a 112 page letter of complaint for CAHMS go through ill hand deliver it Monday as it too heavy and costly to send in the post.
  • Ames
    Ames Posts: 18,459 Forumite
    I really don't think they'll read a 112 page letter. Is it possible to cut it down?
    Unless I say otherwise 'you' means the general you not you specifically.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure