Canada Square - Egg - require proof of name change

I wrote to them last month with details of my claim for PPi and they have responded stating I need to send them proof of my change of name (due to marriage). I’ve not had to do this with any other PPi claims. Anyone else experienced this? It’s such a bloody faff...

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,034
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    If your name has changed since you were paying the PPI and they were never told of the name change when you were a customer, then they are required to identify you before handling the complaint.

If you changed you name whilst you were a customer or are still a customer, then you would not expect to be asked this.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • ng1412
    ng1412 Posts: 43
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Thanks, it!!!8217;s just strange that I haven!!!8217;t been asked that by the Halifax, Barclaycard or Santander and they are all identical PPI (historic) claims.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,034
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    ng1412 wrote: »
    Thanks, it!!!8217;s just strange that I haven!!!8217;t been asked that by the Halifax, Barclaycard or Santander and they are all identical PPI (historic) claims.

They were incorrect in doing so if no checks were made. However, some banks (mainly the larger ones) can run electronic ID checks and check the marriage register.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure