Options

Comments

• lightbulb0811
    Options
    Morning everyone,

Finished on 10 syns yesterday and the plan for today is:

B: Eggs & Fruit
    L: Salmon Salad
    D: Japanese Chicken with a baked potato.

HEA: Milk
    HEB: Alpen Bars

My first gym class was tough as expected, but hopefully this will make all the difference at the scales on Saturday. I've got a step class tonight and trying to get back into the habit of going to my classes every week.

Have a good day x
    Save £12k in 2019 #111 £440.39/£4000
    Sealed pot challenge #5 £153.59/250
    Weight Loss 28/60 lb challenge
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,833 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ladies, I ate like a pig last night. I do it everytime MRM is working away and really need to combat this. Didn't help that I still had chocolate and Haribo in from Christmas! Anyway, no point dwelling on it but will actively cut the syns back until WI on Monday.

So :-

BF: Fat Free Greek Yogurt and berries plus banana
    Lunch: LO HM curried veg soup and 3 chicken drumsticks
    Tea: Tortilla pizza
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    jayII wrote: »
    Evening all. Plan today was

B: porridge and raisins (2syns + HEA)
    L: mugshot and fruit (1syn)
    D: veg and baked potato with coronation chicken and quark (1.5syns)
    Milk in drinks: HEB
    S: 3 scottie shortbreads (9syns)

Unfortunately I didn't have time to eat lunch at work, so I snacked on chocolates and crackers at work whilst rushing between appointments. No idea how many syns, but I've prepped my quick-to-eat salad and fruit salad and yogurt for tomorrow, so it should be a better day. (I've been known to resort to (home made) veg-with-a-little-fruit smoothies for lunch when works gets even busier, as they're super quick to eat, very low cal and nutritious and very filling. I will see how it goes. :o :rotfl:)

Bubbs, I'm amazed at how little you spend on food, I'm happy if I spend under £300 for 2 of us! I'm still working my way through the elite thread, so that might help in time. :)

My consultant is really lovely. She's very warm, chatty and I find her really helpful and inspiring. She's a bit bossy at times, but she does it in such a caring way that I don't mind at all. :) :T

Matron, thanks for the heads up about the veg lasagne. I've tried a few of SW the meals but found them black-peppery rather than having any depth of flavour in the spices, if that makes sense. I'll get some of the lasagne to try the next time I'm near an Iceland.

Jay you seem to be mixing up your HEA and HEB! Porridge would be HEB and milk would be your HEA, not the other way round.

Smoothies, although low cal generally, are synned on SW. Any fruit which is juiced, pureed are cooked needs to be synned. So I'd advise not relying on them too often. For example a pureed banana is 5 syns:eek:.[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    greentiger wrote: »
    Now, as I said earlier in the week, I’m trying to anticipate any ‘bombs’ that might throw me off track. I’m going out for lunch on Friday. Here’s the menu. I was thinking of choosing the bacon steak and pineapple and asking for potatoes instead of chips. Is there a better option? Thanks in anticipation of your advice. it's too cold for salad!

• BREADED OR BATTERED HADDOCK SERVED WITH CHIPS, TARTAR SAUCE AND GARDEN PEAS OR SIDE SALAD
    • CHICKEN & HAM PIE WITH HONEY ROAST VEGETABLES AND CHOICE OF CHIPS, MASH OR BOILED POTATOES
    • 8OZ HAND CUT BACON STEAK WITH FRIED EGG OR PINEAPPLE, SERVED WITH CHIPS AND DRESSED LEAVES
    • SPICY BEEF CHILLI WITH BRAISED RICE, SOUR CREAM AND TORTILLA CHIPS
    • BEEF BOURGUIGNON SERVED WITH CREAMED POTATOES AND HONEY ROAST VEGETABLES
    • ROAST BREAST OF CHICKEN SERVED WITH HAGGIS BON BONS, CREAMED POTATOES, HONEY ROAST VEGETABLES AND COATED IN A CREAMY PEPPERCORN SAUCE
    • PAN ROASTED FILLET OF SEA BASS SERVED ON A ROAST RED PEPPER SALAD WITH SALSA VERDI, LEMON DRESSING AND BABY ROAST POTATOES
    • HOMEMADE CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA SERVED WITH BRAISED RICE, NAAN BREAD AND MANGO CHUTNEY
    • CREAMY MACARONI CHEESE SERVED WITH SIDE SALAD AND CHIPS
    • TIGER PRAWN, LEMON AND DILL RISOTTO

I would also go for the bacon, although the risotto could be OK if you asked whether they used wine or cream in it. If just the wine it would only be a few syns.

Seem to be some good reports coming in for the veggie lasagne, may try and get one to try when I come back from holiday - would have to get DH the beef one as he'd only moan about the veggie one!

Think I'm already in holiday mode! We ate out for breakfast and I forgot to ask for the mushrooms to be dry fried and they were dripping in butter! I opted for scrambled eggs not fried so that was OK, except that they were extremely dry as overdone for me.

Lunch will be on plan - cheese on toast - HEB + 3 (20g cheese)

Dinner partly off plan - duck leg; roast potatoes, mashed swede, brocolli & green beans.

Off on holiday tomorrow morning so won't be posting for a couple of weeks although may read from time to time if I can manage to get a free wifi signal :money: - too expensive to pay for wifi!

Denise
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Have a lovely holiday Denise
    Zebras rock
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,268 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Happy holibobs Denise :)

Not looking forward to weigh in later.
    Time to buckle down & get on with it~~again :rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • esmy
    esmy Posts: 1,341 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Enjoy your holiday,Denise
  • gingerfurball
    gingerfurball Posts: 385 Forumite
    edited 4 January 2018 at 4:50PM
    Options
    Hi all - I tried the SW beef lasagna last night - I added a HEa of grated cheese half way though - you would know it was a ready meal but I have to say it's the nicest SW ready meal I've tasted...but huge!! And I know it's all free food but it had over 500 calories in it! So I don't think I'd be buying it too often unless if I couldn't be bothered to cook.

Today I've had:

B: 2 boiled eggs and a green apple
    L: Chicken salad
    D: Pork steak, cauliflower, green beans, carrots and potatoes
    S: - I grabbed one of those chicken on a stick (chicken tikka) out of our spar - these a free and really tasty and a nice protein snack
    HEa milk in tea....HEb - none factored in as yet

Good luck to all weigher-inners :)

ETA: any good ideas on house training a new puppy? Ours (15 week collie - totally adorbs!) is loving our garden when she is supervised and then loves to come into the house to pee and poop!
  • Matron_Midge
    Options
    GFB, we used to go into the garden with the lead on. Once they have peed etc (did take ages the first few times) loads of praise and fuss then unleash and have a play with a ball or whatever. Our lab very quickly got it, less than a week, and now will wee on command - I just say "have a wee" and she squats and does one. Very, very handy if you ever have to take a urine sample to the vets.
    The most important thing is to be consistent! Everyone in the family MUST do the same thing or it will be too confusing. Hope that helps xx
  • Matron_Midge
    Options
    So day 4.......
    He a milk
    He b 2 hifi bars
    B banana
    L 3 ryvita rye cakes (3) cottage cheese, cherry toms and grapes
    D egg, Sw chips and pickles
    Syns/snacks hifi bars with tv tonight.
    Today there isn't masses of speed as tomorrow is weigh in at group and shopping. Hoping for a loss though.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,587 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Have a brilliant holiday denise.:)

joedenise wrote: »
    Jay you seem to be mixing up your HEA and HEB! Porridge would be HEB and milk would be your HEA, not the other way round.

I found that difficult to remember when I got started. I tell myself that the B in HEB stands for Bread.

On a similar theme: For a couple of months I've been having 1 slice of bread for my HEB at breakfast. It started with getting a taste for rye bread in Poland and then over Christmas we had a large loaf for visitors. Now we're back to normal DH has been giving me a single slice of a small loaf so half a HEB. I know I could have another later or an Alpen or something but what if I don't feel like it? I vaguely remember that if you don't have all your HEX you should syn it. Is that true? Did I make that up?

Properly back on plan today.

EE menu:
    B: NAS grapefruit, (half) HEB toast , 2 boiled eggs, HEA milk for drinks
    L: ham, bubble & squeak, beetroot, cornichons
    D: baked salmon, new potatoes, mushrooms, tomatoes, green stuff (asparagus, sugar snaps, broccoli, peas)
    Syns: NONE!:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport