Charities board update
Please note, our Forum rules no longer allow the posting of links to personal fundraising or crowdfunding pages, such as JustGiving. You can read the full set of our Forum rules here.

Mother’s Day gift buy a safe birth certificate £15

https://www.maternityworldwide.org/

Mother’s Day is Sunday the 11th of March just 4 weeks away.

It can be a struggle to find a lasting and meaningful gift to give to someone you care for.

A Safe Birth Certificate will continue long after the chocolates have been eaten and the flowers have died – your gift will have helped to save a mother.

Let's help mothers give birth safely no matter where they live.

Safe Birth Certificate £15
https://www.maternityworldwide.org/get-involved/online-shop/
Safe-Birth-Certificate-2015.jpg
I hope this appeals to some people.

I know charity gifts aren't every ones's cup of tea and people have there own preferred charities they donate too but I thought some people might like it.

I have received this from my kids and thought it was lovely. I also sent my mum one and she loved her's too.

Also these are ideal if you've left it to the last minute.

***New digital certificates can be instantly emailed to you or the recipient – perfect for a last minute gift!***

Digital Certificate

https://www.maternityworldwide.org/product/sponsor-a-safe-birth/

A similar idea is available from Oxfam for £17
so this cheaper

But I prefer the small U.K. based in Brighton Maternity Worldwide as I believe more funds will go to the good cause.
For thousands of people this Christmas, their must-have gift is far more vital than the latest gadget or toy – it’s blood. Please don’t let the festivities and cold weather prevent you from giving them the ultimate gift… give blood.

Comments

• asajj
    asajj Posts: 5,123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    I bought this 2 years ago after you posted about it. It was well received and my mother-in-law still displays it on her kitchen wall. It is truly an amazing idea. Hope some more people will purchase it.
    ally.
  • lilmiss1982
    lilmiss1982 Posts: 1,405 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    asajj wrote: »
    I bought this 2 years ago after you posted about it. It was well received and my mother-in-law still displays it on her kitchen wall. It is truly an amazing idea. Hope some more people will purchase it.

That’s great :)
    For thousands of people this Christmas, their must-have gift is far more vital than the latest gadget or toy – it’s blood. Please don’t let the festivities and cold weather prevent you from giving them the ultimate gift… give blood.
  • SamsReturn
    SamsReturn Posts: 2,489 Forumite
    edited 23 February 2018 at 8:19PM
    I know someone who bought her Dad, some land in Scotland. About a square foot of it, and he got a certificate to say he's a Laird.

https://scottishlaird.co.uk/collections/decorative-titles
  • lilmiss1982
    I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 25 February 2018 at 9:24AM
    SamsReturn wrote: »
    I know someone who bought her Dad, some land in Scotland. About a square foot of it, and he got a certificate to say he's a Laird.

https://scottishlaird.co.uk/collections/decorative-titles

Not really the same. This is a charity donation.
  • unforeseen
    unforeseen Posts: 7,280 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I don't understand this idea of buying somebody a charity donation as a present. If YOU want to support that charity then just donate, don't assume that other people support the same charities and aims as you.

Giving this as a present is just appeasing your conscience, and tells the recipient that you would rather give to charity than buy them a present. If that's the case then don't buy them anything.
  • unforeseen wrote: »
    I don't understand this idea of buying somebody a charity donation as a present. If YOU want to support that charity then just donate, don't assume that other people support the same charities and aims as you.

Giving this as a present is just appeasing your conscience, and tells the recipient that you would rather give to charity than buy them a present. If that's the case then don't buy them anything.

I think most people will know there own mum’s pretty well and know weather or not this kind of gift will be appreciated or not.

It can be difficult to come up with fresh idea’s of what to buy, especially for the person who has everything.

Also the digital certificates are ideal if you’ve left it until the last minute.
  • lilmiss1982
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Few more ideas from Maternity worldwide 33371416.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure