PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The All New Bang on Trend Cookbook Challenge 2018

Comments

• Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,244 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Nope, I have 3 volumes of Nigel Slater's Kitchen Diaries stuffed with post-it notes :D
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Floss wrote: »
    Nope, I have 3 volumes of Nigel Slater's Kitchen Diaries stuffed with post-it notes :D

lol i thought it was just me ...I love a new cookbook and a new pack of post its .....ah heaven :D
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,087 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Nelski wrote: »
    what did you get caronc?

I got Jamies Christmas last year but never ventured in for a look. Been looking today and now its full of coloured post it notes of things i want to try....is it just me that does this :) Theres a great chapter on leftovers and with a fair amount of turkey still in the freezer then I think i will have a go at one of these. Thinking about it I have an old Delia Christmas book too so I can see the festive season dragging on a few months this year :o
    Nope you are not alone - I do love a "post it" note.:cool: The books I got were Nigel Slater's "Winter Chronicles" which I very much wanted as I love his writing and Samin Nosrat's "Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat" which I'm really looking forward to getting into :D. Delia's "Christmas" book is a favourite of mine - must dig it out and see if there is anything I've not made from it that appeals :)
  • I do the post it note thing too...sometimes different colours for me and my OH.

Today we’ve had a delicious mixed bean and veg chilli from Joe Wicks’ new book. It was awesome (OH’s word) and there’s plenty left for lunch tomorrow at work! We’ve not had a Joe Wick’s meal we’ve not liked yet, and there’s always enough for the next day as well :)
    Money saved for Christmas 2018 £6/£500
    No more Buying Books challenge - read 2 books 2017-18
    January NSDs - 3/15
  • downshifted
    downshifted Posts: 1,153 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Oh I’ll take a look at Joe Wicks Bookaholic. The chilli sounds great.

I’ve just put the Hairy Bikers Beef Bourguignon in the oven... it’s for when friends come tomorrow and I find all stews etc better the next day. You add the onions (shallots) and mushrooms later. I made half measures and followed the recipe to the letter but I found it difficult to stick to it exactly. It’s very plain and I wanted to add some herbs and extra seasoning, and it was hard not to throw in some carrots and celery too! But then it wouldn’t have been Beef Bourguignon would it?
    Downshifted

September GC £251.21/£250 October £248.82/£250 January £159.53/£200
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,681 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Oh I’ll take a look at Joe Wicks Bookaholic. The chilli sounds great.

I’ve just put the Hairy Bikers Beef Bourguignon in the oven... it’s for when friends come tomorrow and I find all stews etc better the next day. You add the onions (shallots) and mushrooms later. I made half measures and followed the recipe to the letter but I found it difficult to stick to it exactly. It’s very plain and I wanted to add some herbs and extra seasoning, and it was hard not to throw in some carrots and celery too! But then it wouldn’t have been Beef Bourguignon would it?
    Jamie O's recipe has carrots in. ;)
  • pipkin71
    pipkin71 Posts: 21,821 Forumite
    Pollycat, the dhal is delicious. We will definitely be making this one again. Thank you for the recipe :)
    There is something delicious about writing the first words of a story. You never quite know where they'll take you - Beatrix Potter
  • pipkin71
    My new wok arrived this morning, so I have just ordered a Ken Hom recipe book, for a few stir fry recipes :)
    There is something delicious about writing the first words of a story. You never quite know where they'll take you - Beatrix Potter
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,681 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    pipkin71 wrote: »
    Pollycat, the dhal is delicious. We will definitely be making this one again. Thank you for the recipe :)
    Phew!
    I'm glad you liked it. :)

If you tweaked it at all, please let us know so we can try your version.
  • pipkin71
    Pollycat wrote: »
    Phew!
    I'm glad you liked it. :)

If you tweaked it at all, please let us know so we can try your version.

No, we followed your instructions, to the letter :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure