Comments

• Slowhand
    Slowhand Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    Where did they bring it from..?

Not another one! The word is bruy! :D
  • CAB_National_Representative
    CAB_National_Representative Posts: 220 Organisation Representative
    Hi,

My friend has brought a used car today and given a deposit at a garage.

The reason she brought it was for congestion charge exemption however coming home and checking online turns out the car is 2 months to early to be exempt. Making it a Euro4 which doesn't meet standards.

She made them aware this was what she needed but they didn't comment.

On her reciept it says non refundable however the car is useless to her and not going to save any money. I feel a bit responsible as I told her to look and put the idea in her head.

She got on with the guy and technically would buy another one from him if he had one that was correct.

Does he have to give her the money back? Is there any laws she can use??

Hi MinkyMoo - we're sorry to hear about your friend's circumstances. As this is a consumer issue (and we're not covering those at the moment on this board), we'd urge your friend either to contact our Consumer Helpline (08454 04 05 06, 9am to 5pm, Mondays to Fridays) or her local bureau - for help with her rights and options.
    Official CAB Representative
    I am an official representative of CAB. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to questions on the CAB Board. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. If you believe I’ve broken any rules please report my post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com as usual"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure