Amazon making false allegations

Hi all, I really need your help,

Last week I received an email from Amazon.co.uk claiming that I have (in some censored way) violated review guidelines, The email states the following:

[FONT=&quot]- Elements of your account indicate a relationship to sellers, publishers, or other reviewers of the products you review.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-- Your reviews were posted in exchange for compensation, such as gift cards to purchase the product, product refunds, review swaps, or free or discounted products.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-- You requested free or discounted products in exchange for reviews.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]We made this decision after carefully considering your account. This decision is final, and your community privileges will not be reinstated.[/FONT]

None of this is true, and, despite emailing them 8 times with explanations of everything and begging for them to review my account to prove my innocence, they have completely ignored my messages until yesterday when I escalated to the CEO.

Today I received the same email. Basically saying it LOOKS like I have but they can not actualy offer any details or evidence. And neither will they enter into conversation to help prove their error.

I've been found guilty, and been punished without trial.

I cannot begin to convey how badly this is affecting my physical and mental health (both of which are very poor - I am disabled and suffer from severe mental health issues) - I have explained to them on the phone 3 times that this is causing me great alarm and distress but still they refuse to investigate properly and refuse to tell me the complaints escalation route.

I tried to use resolver.co.uk but Amazon have found a way to worm out of using them by hiding behind data protection.

Has anyone else been in this situation or have any idea how I can force them to look thoroughly and accept their false positive for the error it is.
I'd also like to point out I've been a customer since 2002 and a Prime member (!) I review almost everything because it's the right thing to do, and now somehow that's bitten me on the backside :mad:

I would be so grateful if anyone could help me in any way.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Antispam
    Antispam Posts: 6,636 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I know its easy to say but try and not let this get to you. It really isnt worth it. I believe you know one who is guilty would spend the effort you have done sadly some companies are short sighted and rather not have the aggravation. Try and keep occupied with something maybe watch a film have a laugh watching something funny anything to get your mind off this

If its any comfort I do know how you feel
  • I guess the problem is that I suffer from crippling anxiety among many other things. I am virtually housebound and rely on Amazon to buy every day things I can't just go to the shops for.
    How can I possibly give them money when they've accused me of fraud?
    I know it's easy to say let it go - I wish I could but I don't have much control over how my mind works. It's like being trapped in my own private prison :'(
  • shortcrust
    shortcrust Posts: 2,697 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary Newshound!
    They really haven't accused you of fraud and you've not been found 'guilty' of anything. They've said it looks like you've breached their guidelines and they've stopped you writing reviews for their site. It's their site and I suspect they can remove people's 'community privileges' for any reason they like. You're not going to get them to change their mind so the best advice really is to let it go.
  • Demanding money or compensation for a good review IS fraudulent. If you've nothing worthwhile to say, please could you move on. You're not helping at all. I HAVE been found guilty, they have quite clearly stated that I have done one of those things. (Which I haven;t)
  • Is there a way to block unnecessary replies?
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Is there a way to block unnecessary replies?

Do you mean the replies that you do not want to hear as you are 100% convinced you are right and everyone who disagrees with you is wrong ??
    Answer no this is a public forum .

You are unable to post reviews that should not be a problem and could well be reinstated in a couple of months .

Confused as to why this is a Campaign .
  • shortcrust
    shortcrust Posts: 2,697 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary Newshound!
    Demanding money or compensation for a good review IS fraudulent. If you've nothing worthwhile to say, please could you move on. You're not helping at all. I HAVE been found guilty, they have quite clearly stated that I have done one of those things. (Which I haven;t)

:(

It’s amazing how quickly any lingering sympathy can melt away. I think I’m on Amazon’s side.
  • Amazon shouldn't make these accusations. It's wrong! I feel for you because a similar thing happened to me too and I too hadn't done anything wrong! Ignore the jokers on this thread that think they are helping with such negative and silly comments. I'm in communication with Amazon regarding my issue and am waiting to hear back. I hope you get your issue resolved soon.
  • cajef
    cajef Posts: 6,266 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    [FONT=&quot]-- Your reviews were posted in exchange for compensation, such as gift cards to purchase the product, product refunds, review swaps, or free or discounted products.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]-- You requested free or discounted products in exchange for reviews.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]We made this decision after carefully considering your account. This decision is final, and your community privileges will not be reinstated.[/FONT]

While you may think it is untrue Amazon state they have carefully reviewed your account and they are under their opinion that some of your reviews have appeared to them as requesting freebies and discounted products etc., there must be some reviews that have made them come to that conclusion.

Amazon are a company whose head office is not in the UK and unfortunately whether you like it or not they have made a decision and are unlikely to change it.

I recently saw a very similar thing happening on the google play store as well where legitimate reviewers were being removed. If big companies can arbitrarily remove comments and send product scores in particular directions, then they have direct influence over the potential sales of items which makes them pretty close to cartels.

Yes there are lairs and cheats of the system - but there must also be a way for those falsely indicated to also have things re-instated.
    I am wondering if there is something under the data protection act that could force them to say why you have been blocked as it should be something held against your customer profile.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure