E.ON Fixed 1 Year £75 Reward

Options
caro69
caro69 Posts: 96 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 6 December 2016 at 8:39AM in Energy
So this is it, is it? Is this the new offering Malc and Helena were telling us was coming?

Another gimmick! Works out the same price for me as Online Fixed v20 but with a £75 e-voucher to spend in shops. The catch: There is a £70 exit fee with this tariff but none with v20. Both tariffs are £328 more expensive that what I'm on.

They must think we're all daft.
Titch :)

Comments

• csgohan4
    csgohan4 Posts: 10,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    caro69 wrote: »
    So this is it, is it? Is this the new offering Malc and Helena were telling us was coming?

Another gimmick! Works out the same price for me as Online Fixed v20 but with a £75 e-voucher to spend in shops. The catch: There is a £70 exit fee with this tariff but none with v20. Both tariffs are £328 more expensive that what I'm on.

that's why we are all MSEing and savvy
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ Bowlhead99 RIP
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,508 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    This "new" tariff doesn't show as available for me when logged in??
  • caro69
    Options
    No, nor me.

I received an email this morning offering it as I'm currently on v19 ending January.

Yesterday I had another email advising me tariff was coming to an end and was offered v20.

I'm hoping that Malc and Helena can let us know if this is the new tariff they were promising this week. If so, it's a disappointment and quite frankly an insult to anyone's intelligence.
  • NittyGritty
    Options

just another Epic Fail by EON, to add to their fail middle of this year when they released the v20 then v21 which was more than £200+ more than the v20 pmsl

I think the person who comes up with these new tariffs should be replaced,

its no wonder EON don't even come close in the top deals anymore (at least not for me)
  • caro69
    Options
    In my eyes Eon are loosing all credibility.

They seem to have gone from a straightforward energy provider with competitive tariffs open to new and existing customers from which you could switch without exit fees, a good reliable customer friendly online account management system and excellent customer service.

Now we have gimmicks, wheels to spin, tariffs with shopping vouchers with exit fees to match, and above all completely uncompetitive tariffs.

Something somewhere is going very wrong indeed.
  • d70cw6
    d70cw6 Posts: 784 Forumite
    Options
    personally id have loved to stay with E.On - i like the rewards and the website UI.

They dont have to be THE cheapest.... but if they were within £20 annual bill of that then I'd definitely stick with them: but they are so uncompetitively priced it is ludicrous .

:/
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I've got RSI scrolling down the results screen to find an E.on tariff for myself. The first tariff is 33% more expensive than my current e.on tariff. Oh well I'll be staying on my much cheaper e.on tariff for a bit longer.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,508 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    In my eyes Eon are loosing all credibility.

They seem to have gone from a straightforward energy provider with competitive tariffs open to new and existing customers from which you could switch without exit fees, a good reliable customer friendly online account management system and excellent customer service.

Now we have gimmicks, wheels to spin, tariffs with shopping vouchers with exit fees to match, and above all completely uncompetitive tariffs.

Something somewhere is going very wrong indeed.

...as I've remarked before - my feelings are that the EON Board has decided that they can do without us serial switchers ,and return to fleecing the sheep who never change from the standard variable tariffs !:(
  • csgohan4
    csgohan4 Posts: 10,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    sheep-617128.jpg
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ Bowlhead99 RIP
  • SammenForLivet2
    Options
    brewerdave wrote: »
    ...as I've remarked before - my feelings are that the EON Board has decided that they can do without us serial switchers ,and return to fleecing the sheep who never change from the standard variable tariffs !:(

Let's be honest, those that are on this board, are not the easiest or cheapest to service (probably more complaints, queries and contacts) and are likely to continually shop around for better deals, such as choose suppliers that have far lower overheads (e.g: environmental regulations/taxes, WHD's) than that of E.ON. I suspect E.ON clearly can see that it's not profitable to be at the top of the leader table, and are now offering deals to keep customers who are too nervous to switch and just want to feel like they've got a good deal -e.g: by getting a voucher.

Although I can see why people may be disappointed, I can't complain as I've always had stellar service when speaking to E.ON about previous (now-ex) accounts. I suspect from a financial perspective, E.ON's pricing & trading team are doing a good job. Pitty that doesn't help us.
    Thank you all for helping me make my day by saving money!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure