Who checks the RP1?

Options
My employers closed on Monday having entered voluntary insolvency.

I was greeted with the news when I turned up for work at 9am:eek:

The Insolvency Practitioner gave me an RP1 to claim unpaid wages, holiday and notice but not redundancy as I've not been employed for more than 2 years.

I decided to complete the forms there and then so that it's was a clean break when I walked away from the site.

However my husband is concerned that as I was in shock I may not have completed the claim figures correctly.

Will the form be checked against my employment record or will it just be processed?

PPI Success :- Egg Card - £ 8471.84 ~ HFC Loan - £ 8312.67 ~ Halifax Loan - £ 334.67 :D
DFD ~ Jan 2019 :eek: Christmas 2014 fund ~ £ 150 / £ 500

Comments

• Johno100
    Johno100 Posts: 5,259 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    ami66 wrote: »
    Will the form be checked against my employment record or will it just be processed?

Unlikely and most probably.
  • ami66
    ami66 Posts: 118 Forumite
    Options
    Well I got my answer the information on my RP1 was ignored and instead the information provided by my employers Insolvency Practitioner was used :(

It's been a complete mess by the RPS Office, they made so many mistakes and the IP gave them wrong information regarding the holiday days I had taken.

I knew that a deduction would be made from the notice period for benefits but my notice period was only a week so was a little shocked to have £277.15 deducted :eek: A couple of emails later and that has been reduced to £50.19 the actual amount of JSA paid to me.

I've now received confirmation of another payment being made to me next week and that will be the 5th payment so far and I still haven't received all my accrued holiday pay!

The calculation is now right with the RPS having accepted that I had only taken 8 days not 18 days. They have paid me another 5 days but I can't seem to get them to understand that I'm still due 5 days if the initial calculation was wrong by 10 days :mad:

Anyone know if there is some sort of complaints process or contact I can try?

The only information I can find is to go to via an employment tribunal but that would cost more than the amount still due to me :(

PPI Success :- Egg Card - £ 8471.84 ~ HFC Loan - £ 8312.67 ~ Halifax Loan - £ 334.67 :D
  • Takeaway_Addict
    Options
    I'm not sure if it is actually possible but you could try a small claims court as it is factual information, alot cheaper to take the risk.
    Don't trust a forum for advice. Get proper paid advice. Any advice given should always be checked
  • Johno100
    Johno100 Posts: 5,259 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Well I got my answer the information on my RP1 was ignored and instead the information provided by my employers Insolvency Practitioner was used :(

It's been a complete mess by the RPS Office, they made so many mistakes and the IP gave them wrong information regarding the holiday days I had taken.

I knew that a deduction would be made from the notice period for benefits but my notice period was only a week so was a little shocked to have £277.15 deducted :eek: A couple of emails later and that has been reduced to £50.19 the actual amount of JSA paid to me.

I've now received confirmation of another payment being made to me next week and that will be the 5th payment so far and I still haven't received all my accrued holiday pay!

The calculation is now right with the RPS having accepted that I had only taken 8 days not 18 days. They have paid me another 5 days but I can't seem to get them to understand that I'm still due 5 days if the initial calculation was wrong by 10 days :mad:

Anyone know if there is some sort of complaints process or contact I can try?

The only information I can find is to go to via an employment tribunal but that would cost more than the amount still due to me :(

OK, before you start talking about making complaints right left and centre it would help if you would confirm if your husband's concerns were correct, from your first post.
    However my husband is concerned that as I was in shock I may not have completed the claim figures correctly.
  • I'm not sure if it is actually possible but you could try a small claims court as it is factual information, alot cheaper to take the risk.

It isn't. Not against the RPS. The appeal route against the RPS is an employment tribunal, and that may no longer be a viable or cost effective route for small claims.
  • ami66 wrote: »

Have you calculated for the fact that you may have only accrued a partial years leave; or failed to include bank holidays?
  • ami66
    Options
    Johno100 wrote: »
    OK, before you start talking about making complaints right left and centre it would help if you would confirm if your husband's concerns were correct, from your first post.

I entered the correct number of days holiday accrued and not taken.

I worked my unpaid salary out slightly oddly when put on the spot as I divided my annual salary by 365 and the multiplied it by 18 as we were 18 days into August. If you work it out as working days there is a difference of a few pounds but nothing major.

So the RP1 form was completed correctly by me.

• ami66
    Options
    Have you calculated for the fact that you may have only accrued a partial years leave; or failed to include bank holidays?

Yes. The RPS calculate that as at the 18th August I had accrued 20.74 days holiday as my entitlement was 25 days plus bank holidays with the year starting 1st Jan.

As at the 18th Aug I had taken and been paid for 8 days so 20.74 days less 8 days is 12.74 days.

After paying me 2.74 days the RPS confirmed that they accepted my claim of only 8 days taken not 18 days as per the IP's information and recalculated the days due and paid a further 5 days.

So unless I'm being really really thick here am I not still due a payment for 5 days? :huh:

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport