My date stood me up and her phone just goes to voicemail

Options
A little bit peeved. I had a date set up at a restaurant/bar for 7pm and she never turned up. I was left drinking lime and soda for half-an-hour then I came home.

She is not answering her phone. We had one previous date together and I thought things went well, just in a friendly manner with no hints or any expectations of romance.
I shot a vein in my neck and coughed up a Quaalude.
Lou Reed The Last Shot

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    That's really sad that happened to you. It's really rude not to call or leave a message. I wouldn't call her anymore she doesn't deserve the attention . Wait for her to contact you, just in case she has a valid excuse. If she doesn't you dodged a bullet because she's too rude and selfish to be considered good girlfriend material.

How much were you expecting from the date? Are you looking for a relationship or just some fun?
    Chalk it up to experience and move on. There's plenty of others out there.
  • Chris25
    Chris25 Posts: 12,918 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    well if she just decided not to go & didn't try to contact you that's extremely rude. I'd be more than a little peeved.

But, there may well be a good excuse why she didn't show and some reason why she's not answering her phone. Try her again later or tomorrow.
  • Dreamnine
    Dreamnine Posts: 8,370 Forumite
    Options
    I just left her a polite message - perhaps something bad cropped up for her this evening.
    Lou Reed The Last Shot
  • prosaver
    prosaver Posts: 7,026 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    if shes going to be like that already I would move on..
    takes 2 secs to say Cant make it.
    it could be anything
    dont take it too heart.I went on this date bought flowers, wine and at the end of the night she gave me this crappy cheap brand of coffee.. i went yuck dead loud. nothing happened went home and she wanted to see me again but thought , no chance so that was it.
    what a waste of money, so on my other dates I dont buy out, if they want me they want me.
    strangley girls liked that, got a free drink outta one ..ha ha
    dont take it serious mate, take it easy and youll strike more of an impression.
    “Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.”
    ― George Bernard Shaw
  • Wizard_of_Id
    Wizard_of_Id Posts: 5,512 Forumite
    Options
    It's not a joke but as the old joke goes, did the restaurant have big glass windows?
    Perhaps she saw what you have had done to your head and had second thoughts.

Yes some people are that shallow :mad:
  • Dreamnine
    Dreamnine Posts: 8,370 Forumite
    Options
    It's not a joke but as the old joke goes, did the restaurant have big glass windows?
    Perhaps she saw what you have had done to your head and had second thoughts.

Yes some people are that shallow :mad:

My head isn't really that different visually - I still keep it shaved.
    Lou Reed The Last Shot
  • parking_question_chap
    Options
    Chris25 wrote: »
    Try her again later or tomorrow.

No, she should contact OP to apologise.

Phoning her comes over as very weak/needy.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Try her again later or tomorrow.

No, if she had cared enough about you she would have got back to you with a reason for not showing up and an apology.
  • Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    prosaver wrote: »
    if shes going to be like that already I would move on..
    takes 2 secs to say Cant make it.
    it could be anything
    dont take it too heart.I went on this date bought flowers, wine and at the end of the night she gave me this crappy cheap brand of coffee.. i went yuck dead loud. nothing happened went home and she wanted to see me again but thought , no chance so that was it.
    what a waste of money, so on my other dates I dont buy out, if they want me they want me.
    strangley girls liked that, got a free drink outta one ..ha ha
    done take it serious mate, take it easy and youll strike more of an impression.

Strangley girls? :eek: :eek: :eek:

You keep weird company if you go out with strangley girls. :eek:
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• donnajunkie
    donnajunkie Posts: 32,412 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Dreamnine wrote: »
    A little bit peeved. I had a date set up at a restaurant/bar for 7pm and she never turned up. I was left drinking lime and soda for half-an-hour then I came home.

She is not answering her phone. We had one previous date together and I thought things went well, just in a friendly manner with no hints or any expectations of romance.

I sympathise. It can be hard to know what is best to do. They may have a valid reason. I think it's best to just send one message asking what happened and then leave it upto them to contact you and explain. If they dont then it's hard but they really aren't worth it. Don't let them know it bothers you because if they do turn out to be the bad kind of person who shows no consideration then they would get off on the pain caused.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure