Amazon Logistics (rant)

Comments

• Dylan80
    Dylan80 Posts: 26 Forumite
    Feral_Moon wrote: »
    You do realise the last few days have seen the highest volumes of mail and parcels across the entire UK network and you're grumbling because yours will arrive a day late! Unbelievable :rotfl:

Why? I'm paying for One Day Delivery, Amazon have guaranteed One Day Delivery. If they can't manage to do it, they should have said when I ordered. I think I have every right to have a moan. Besides, they have given me a £5 credit, so they admit they are in the wrong.
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,270 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Dylan80 wrote: »
    Why? I'm paying for One Day Delivery, Amazon have guaranteed One Day Delivery. If they can't manage to do it, they should have said when I ordered. I think I have every right to have a moan. Besides, they have given me a £5 credit, so they admit they are in the wrong.

Actually there's no guarantee. Check the T&C. They will often give a credit or an extra month but there are no enforceable rights. Such is life. There very rarely are in all circumstances and you learn to live with it.
  • The-Truth
    The-Truth Posts: 483 Forumite
    If Amazon are unable to do that then they shouldn't offer it as a service.

So then what should people like myself do? Are you saying I should suffer because of ones singles person problem? Basically I've never had this problem so I want them to continuing offering next day/same day delivery. You should I have to go without because some moaning person on a forum says they should withdraw a service. Why should the rest of the world have to go without this service that they provide to 99.99% of people just because you say so ThumbRemote?
  • Dylan80
    Doc_N wrote: »
    Actually there's no guarantee. Check the T&C. They will often give a credit or an extra month but there are no enforceable rights. Such is life. There very rarely are in all circumstances and you learn to live with it.

And that is why forums with threads like this exist, so consumers can let others know of poor experiences!
  • Dylan80
    The-Truth wrote: »
    So then what should people like myself do? Are you saying I should suffer because of ones singles person problem? Basically I've never had this problem so I want them to continuing offering next day/same day delivery. You should I have to go without because some moaning person on a forum says they should withdraw a service. Why should the rest of the world have to go without this service that they provide to 99.99% of people just because you say so ThumbRemote?

This is a forum where people come to 'vent.' That is what I am doing, but in your world, it seems, we should all roll over and get rubbish service. If you'd read my post I didn't say anything about getting rid of the One Day Delivery service, but they should have known they wouldn't have been able to meet that; as they have done now, as they have removed the One Day Service in the run to Christmas.
  • ThumbRemote
    ThumbRemote Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    custardy wrote: »
    Sorry but thats a nonsense.
    No carrier can make a profit and meet the target 100%. I have had one delayed AL delivery.
    There was a fire at the Glasgow warehouse. Should they stop offering deliveries from that warehouse?

Well yes, of course they should stop offering deliveries from that warehouse if they aren't able to fulfill them from it. They send from a different warehouse instead. And when the Glasgow one is sorted, they start using it again. That's called good service.

Other carriers were available. Amazon should have sent it via one of those rather than sending it via Royal Mail.
  • ThumbRemote
    Dylan80 wrote: »
    This is a forum where people come to 'vent.' That is what I am doing, but in your world, it seems, we should all roll over and get rubbish service. If you'd read my post I didn't say anything about getting rid of the One Day Delivery service, but they should have known they wouldn't have been able to meet that; as they have done now, as they have removed the One Day Service in the run to Christmas.

Just ignore The-Truth. The-Truth is, no matter how poor the service they actually receive from companies, they always come on here claiming they've had great service just so they can argue with people who have legitimate vents.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Well yes, of course they should stop offering deliveries from that warehouse if they aren't able to fulfill them from it. They send from a different warehouse instead. And when the Glasgow one is sorted, they start using it again. That's called good service.

Other carriers were available. Amazon should have sent it via one of those rather than sending it via Royal Mail.

No,you said they should stop offering the service.
    Thats my same day warehouse. So no more same day for me?
  • ThumbRemote
    custardy wrote: »
    No,you said they should stop offering the service.
    Thats my same day warehouse. So no more same day for me?

If that warehouse was unable to fulfill that service, there would be two options:
    Either 1. Amazon use another warehouse to provide it.
    Or 2. It would, by definition, not be available to you. In this case then Amazon should stop advertising it as being available to you if it isn't.

Just like if Royal Mail are unable to deliver in the timescales that Amazon advertise. There are two options:
    Either 1. Amazon use another courier to provide it.
    Or 2. It is not available to you. In this case then Amazon should stop advertising it as being available.

Not sure why this is hard to understand?
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    If that warehouse was unable to fulfill that service, there would be two options:
    Either 1. Amazon use another warehouse to provide it.
    Or 2. It would, by definition, not be available to you. In this case then Amazon should stop advertising it as being available to you if it isn't.

Just like if Royal Mail are unable to deliver in the timescales that Amazon advertise. There are two options:
    Either 1. Amazon use another courier to provide it.
    Or 2. It is not available to you. In this case then Amazon should stop advertising it as being available.

Not sure why this is hard to understand?

Another same day carrier half way through the day?
    They should use a crystal ball and not advertise a service as there is a fire planned?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback