Would you go to a concert on your own?

Comments

• gunsandbanjos
    gunsandbanjos Posts: 12,246
    PPI Party Pooper
    Forumite
    edited 24 February 2013 at 5:06PM
    I went to see the Rolling Stones on my own when I was 18 as none of my friends were into them. I had a great time.

Travelled to London (from Edinburgh) on my own last year to see Richie Sambora in concert.

I'm going to see Bon Jovi on my own in July and I can't wait:T
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
    Bertrand Russell
  • The world has gone mad - £150 for a pop concert gig.
    Ryanair have got cheap April flights - go to a European city for a weekend for £150 & edificate yourself.
    A gig - a shocking waste of money OMG !!!
  • The world has gone mad - £150 for a pop concert gig.
    Ryanair have got cheap April flights - go to a European city for a weekend for £150 & edificate yourself.
    A gig - a shocking waste of money OMG !!!

With all due respect, I don't feel that anyone has the right to tell me how to spend my money. I've travelled as much as I want to and I spend a lot of time on self-improvement and continuing education. However, for one night I want to get dressed up, see a global superstar who I believe is one of the finest performers of my generation and ...go crazy doing the Single Ladies Dance like a madwoman along with a few thousand other people. IMHO, for me, its not a waste of money.
  • fair enough - I am just an old git from a bygone generation.

-Have a great time-:T
  • fair enough - I am just an old git from a bygone generation.

Have a great time-:T

I will if can get a ticket :(
  • With all due respect, I don't feel that anyone has the right to tell me how to spend my money. I've travelled as much as I want to and I spend a lot of time on self-improvement and continuing education. However, for one night I want to get dressed up, see a global superstar who I believe is one of the finest performers of my generation and ...go crazy doing the Single Ladies Dance like a madwoman along with a few thousand other people. IMHO, for me, its not a waste of money.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

It takes all sorts...
    Sanctimonious Veggie. GYO-er. Seed Saver. Get in.
  • :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

It takes all sorts...

If we all had the same tastes the world would be a boring place.
  • If we all had the same tastes the world would be a boring place.

Indeed - and talking of boring places - have you managed to get a ticket yet?
    Sanctimonious Veggie. GYO-er. Seed Saver. Get in.
  • jahlboy
    jahlboy Posts: 140 Forumite
    pigpen wrote: »
    Gosh yes I'd go in a flash!!

I think a lot of bands tend to have a lovely fan base and you are with like minded people.

We went to see Guns n Roses a few years ago and it was AMAZING in the extreme.. there were a couple of knobs who were promptly ousted but we befriended a 15 y/o who had gone alone.. lovely lad..

I'd probably enjoy going on my own more TBH.. I always feel a bit 'restricted' in being myself when I am with others... I could dance and scream and sing REALLY loud on my own!

The same happened to my Son when he was 15 and went to see Nicki Minaj last year - I can't stand her (neither can his friends!) but appreciate that he liked her so he decided to go on his own, out of his own choice!

If it's the O2 in London you're on about then every show I've been to there, people are friendly, and if not, are too interested in their own business to notice! I find it acceptable, not everyone has the same interests and why should you not have fun because your friend doesn't want to?! Only if you're comfortable with it though!

And regarding the streetwise bit - I went to see Beyonce back in 2009 with my Son and was scared to death that it would be filled with gangsters and we'd get robbed because of the genre of music - much the opposite - it was mostly people like you, so there's nothing to be afraid of in that aspect!

If you've never been to the O2 before, the tubes always run, although big queues after the shows, and there are lots of stewards around should you need help! And a taxi booking service, which I think is quite expensive, but there should you need it if tubes are on strike (I doubt/hope they won't be as I'm going to the Saturday night show!)
  • gunsandbanjos
    gunsandbanjos Posts: 12,246
    PPI Party Pooper
    Forumite
    I think the crowd at beyonces gigs will mostly be 20 something girls and gay men (I have several gay friends who are raging at not being able to get tickets!) so you'll be quite safe I imagine.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
    Bertrand Russell
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport