MoneySaving Poll: Are you going on holiday this summer?

Options
Poll started 19 July 2016

Are you going on holiday this summer?

The big summer getaway is about to begin. Yet will you be one of those, are you planning to go at a different time of year or will you not be going at all?

What are your summer holiday plans (if you’ve more than one holiday planned, answer for the main one)?

Did you vote? Are you surprised at the results so far? Have your say below. To see the results from last time, click here.

If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Thanks! :)

[purplesignup][/purplesignup]

Comments

• G6JPG
    G6JPG Posts: 147 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    In all recent MSE polls, the poll is broken down into relevant categories: for the holiday one, single man, single woman, etc., for other polls equally suitable categories.
    \\
    Then, the results are presented - again, broken down by the categories used.
    \\
    Is there any reason why there's not an overall graph (yes, I know it's really a histogram) that adds up the individual categories? I'm pretty sure there used to be. (So for the holiday one - there'd be one for single men, showing how many taking holdays now, how many later, how many not, and so on; there'd be one for single women, showing the same things; and one overall one, still showing the same breakdown.)
  • Tammykitty
    Tammykitty Posts: 1,005 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I don't like this poll.

The options are:

I am a woman in a family (ie: Single/Couple with Dependent kids)

I am woman with living with my partner

A couple with no kids is also a family, as is a coupe/single with grown up children.
  • sheppertonsound_2
    Options
    Why does the MSE poll only ask about Summer holidays? Many people deliberately go away in Spring or Autumn, when 'kids' are back at school, whilst others go skiing in the Winter. I was completely unable to answer any of the options in this poll, which will probably apply to the majority of forum members.
  • Former_MSE_Sam_M
    Options
    Why does the MSE poll only ask about Summer holidays? Many people deliberately go away in Spring or Autumn, when 'kids' are back at school, whilst others go skiing in the Winter. I was completely unable to answer any of the options in this poll, which will probably apply to the majority of forum members.

Thanks for your feedback. You may feel your answer falls within this poll option: "I’ll have my holiday after the summer (later in the year)".
  • Former_MSE_Sam_M
    Options
    Tammykitty wrote: »
    I don't like this poll.

The options are:

I am a woman in a family (ie: Single/Couple with Dependent kids)

I am woman with living with my partner

A couple with no kids is also a family, as is a coupe/single with grown up children.

Thanks for your feedback. We changed the wording of the poll categories from the previous week's poll that had similar categories due to some single parent families feeling excluded and will take yours into consideration for future polls.
  • Former_MSE_Sam_M
    Options
    G6JPG wrote: »
    In all recent MSE polls, the poll is broken down into relevant categories: for the holiday one, single man, single woman, etc., for other polls equally suitable categories.
    \\
    Then, the results are presented - again, broken down by the categories used.
    \\
    Is there any reason why there's not an overall graph (yes, I know it's really a histogram) that adds up the individual categories? I'm pretty sure there used to be. (So for the holiday one - there'd be one for single men, showing how many taking holdays now, how many later, how many not, and so on; there'd be one for single women, showing the same things; and one overall one, still showing the same breakdown.)

Thanks for your feedback. I'll pass it onto our Technical team.
  • TheShape
    TheShape Posts: 1,779 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I'm not single but I don't live with my partner, which box do I tick?
  • lkmc01
    lkmc01 Posts: 967 Forumite
    Options
    Still no box for me to tick. We (family of 4) went abroad on holiday for 2 weeks a few months ago and we are having a holiday camping during the 6 weeks holidays too.
  • Kered
    Kered Posts: 3,531 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Looking doubtful for any kind of holiday this year but possibly very early next year instead :)
    (so much for retirement, I am working more hours now than I did before I retired)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure