Disneyland Paris/EuroDisney - Questions & Answers

Options

Comments

• Claudie
    Claudie Posts: 1,316 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We went, via Eurostar, in January with Leger (and used Nectar points for a further discount) staying at Explorers Hotel which is 5 minutes away on a shuttle bus. Eurostar landed us at Disney and we got the bus straight to the Hotel.

http://tothemagic.leger.co.uk/hotels/explore.aspx

We loved the Hotel - all the facilities were great (and more importantly clean!) and my DS loved the pool and the pirate ship. My only complaint was the breakfast buffet mayhem as no one queued and it was a bit chaotic but overall for the price we paid we were really impressed and had a great break.

The restaurants on site at Disney are quite dear but Leger gave us a book of vouchers for kids eat free etc, they were handy.

Our one extravagance (and the thing my son loved most) was the lunch time buffet in Frontierland with all the Disney characters. Iit was about 80 Euros for three of us but it was worth the price just for seeing my son's face as he met every character Disney had, and the food was fab too.

We were told the restaurant is very full from 12-2 so if you go there early and book a table for 2pm ish you can have a huge late lunch (we didn't need dinner that night we were still so full!) and it is not so busy.

Have a great time!
    The smallest deed is greater than the grandest intention ~ Anonymous
  • Rachie_B
    Rachie_B Posts: 8,785 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    the DLRP secion of the https://www.disboards.com forums is fab for any Qs you might have :)
  • wendyjj
    wendyjj Posts: 127 Forumite
    Options
    Once we'd used the TGV we found it very easy. Purchase your ticket from ticket office at TGV station at airport & jump on next TGV to Marne la Vallee. Marne la Valle is the stop for Disneyland, when you come out of station, you are right at where all the shuttle buses are. Bus to Holiday Inn, Explorers etc is at top of 'bus station' where the buses turn around (blue curved railings), on the opposite side to the TGV Station.
  • wendyjj
    Options
    Just something else I've thought of. Book your evening meals at The Disney Village before you go or when you get there. Don't just turn up, as you'll find big queues for the restaurants. If you've booked you just stroll to the front of the queue.
  • leesharp
    leesharp Posts: 122 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi again,
    thanksfor all the advice,just one more thing i would like to ask,is it best to book a package deal for the hotel,euro star,tickets etc etc,and what web sites would you suggest?
    Thanks again for all you help.

Lee Sharp
  • poe.tuesday
    poe.tuesday Posts: 1,858 Forumite
    Options
    I have been to Disneyland Paris about 8 times now and the one thing I have learnt is gon't go in school hols or at weekends if you can help it - the queues for the rides are terrible

If you can go for a weekend in June at least it will be quieter than a weekend in August but I would concider taking attempting to go mid week out of school hols if you can - you will find the hotels cheaper too

The cheapest place is to buy the hotel and tickeds direct from disney.co.uk, see how much they cost then have a look at the Eurostar deals, then see what the holiday companies like cresta etc charge for the same deal

if you want to keep costs down then you could drive over (its about 3 hours from Calais) and then stay somewhere like the Davy Crocket Ranch which is one of the cheapest Disney hotels, it's self catering so you can go to the hypermarket and do all the cooking yourself, it is far cheaper than eating in the hotels, which are sometimes outragously expensive for what you get

As for rides, as there are 3 of you, you need to get hubby/partner to run into the park and go and get all the fast pass tickets, these are tickets that give you a time to go and take the ride, rather than queuing up, they are for the most popular rides, he will need to take all the park entry tickets with him to get the fast track tickets, you will see on the park map where these rides are, before he goes arunning, make sure you have a meeting point, I always use the toad of toadhall fish resturant as a meeing point

have fun
  • wendyjj
    Options
    We have always booked cheap flights to Paris, and booked with the hotel direct. It cost about half the price of a package.
  • manda1205
    manda1205 Posts: 2,366 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yep I agree with wendy, holiday inn do an online price guarantee that if you see their hotel cheaper elsewehre they'll give you the room at that cheaper price -10%(weve paid £200 for 3nts in aug), and the tickets are cheapest through 365tickets (£175) and use quidco too. We also booked flights when flybe were giving flights away so just paid taxes, for 2 adults 2 children we paid £200. Im hoping I got the cheapest deals available.
  • mrackliff
    mrackliff Posts: 27 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,
    I am a holiday in disney land paris for 2 children and 2 adults in august.
    My husband wont drive so it has to be a euro star one!
    we want to stay in a hotel that will be walking distance or has transport. I cant seem to find one that does it all as a deal? Can anyone help?
    Thanks
    Marianne
  • mrackliff
    mrackliff Posts: 27 Forumite
    Options
    please help!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income