New interior door - Where to get odd sizes please

Options
I'm in the process of buying a new house where the majority of the doors have been replaced with the standard looking white molded 6 panel doors. A couple that havent are odd sizes for the understairs cupboard and the airing cupboard. I've been hunting around a bit to see if anywhere on the web does more unusual sizes but not really finding anything. Can anyone recommend anywhere to get some please?
Thanks, Chris.

Comments

• bigdic
    bigdic Posts: 245 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Find a local joiner and ask him to get the doors for you, joiners are quite adept at getting a door and re-sizing it pretty quickly. Not the cheapest way to do it but the easiest and will give you the best finish IMO.
  • Nutty_Tart
    Options
    I have a couple of odd sized doors too, I am in the process of changing the others to the white 6 panel ones, but must admit, was just going to paint the odd sized ones, so they blended in a bit better. I didn't want to buy the nearest size and chop it down so it looked odd (too much taken off the top/bottom & sides). I wonder if wardrobe doors rather than internal doors would fit? They are usually smaller - hmmm.......(goes to write it on the list of things to do/find out when gets home!)
    C Card £5218.68 (Feb 2011)
    £2 coins (No 085) - £190
    Mort overpayments 2011 - £418.06
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills