Crazy Cat Lady Chapter 2 - Groundhog Day

Comments

• Hope you managed a good sleep last night CCL.

Do you know anything about the new Head? Is there likely to be positive changes?
  • Hi all :wave:
    Speky - I haven't met the new Head yet - although I've seen him around and about. There's lots of positive noise about him though so I'm hopeful that there will be some changes for the better. I'm not expecting an overnight miracle but it would be really nice if the kids didn't rule the school...
    I'll check in properly tomorrow - it's been a busy couple of days. Everything is fine but dinner is ready and I suspect I'll be having an early night tonight as well...
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    How did I miss this news about a new head???
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Orange_Ena
    Orange_Ena Posts: 1,297 Forumite
    Enjoy your early night ccl, not long until the Christmas break :T
    Debt Apr 15 - £6895.44 :( Apr 17 - £2500 :) Dec 17 - £560 :) July 18 - £199 :D
    CHEFS challenge (Cruise Holiday Entirely Funded by Surveys) - £685.79
    Every penny is a prisoner :D
  • chevalier
    chevalier Posts: 7,937
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I am so glad I didn't offend with what I said. Re swapping from fizzy for orange squash, is that really saving you many calories? I would have thought squash had a lot of sugar too. Or were you giving up fizzy for other reasons than the sugar content.

sorry your sleep is still pants, but yeah on getting back to sleep for an hour, that is still an achievement.
    chev
    I want a job that is less than an hour driving away from my house! Are you listening universe?
  • Morning all :coffee:
    Time on my own while everyone else is still in bed so I can have a cuppa and a catch up on here. As I say, I've had a busy (as usual) couple of days but hopefully today should be a bit quieter for me. I have 4 books that I have to look at school wise, but other than that I'm just on the countdown to Christmas break now (3 weeks...)
    Bob, I'm not sure how you missed about the Head. Our current Head is retiring at Christmas. I have mixed feelings about it... I do like her on a personal level but we don't agree on a lot of her business decisions. I think a change will be good, but change is always a big unknown and my anxiety doesn't cope well with it. We shall see...
    Hi Chev - it wasn't a sugar saver for the fizzy drinks. I was drinking C0ke Zero - my trainer told me it was utter rubbish and sapping my energy levels. I did my usual moan about water being so very boring and she told me that for the time being a bit of sugar free squash would be ok. Which is where I'm at for the moment - I know she wants me just to drink water but that's a step I'm not ready to take just yet.
    So - what have I been up to the past couple of days? Work has been utterly non stop. It's been assessment week so I've had stacks of test papers to mark. We're also getting close to controlled assessment deadlines as well so I've had loads of that to deal with. I've put in a lot of extra hours over the week, but am pleased to report that the 4 books I had to bring home is all that I had to bring home.
    I also got the Christmas decorations out. I know it's horrendously early, but the boys are going away next weekend when we would normally put the tree up and I know that ds would be devastated to miss the Christmas prep. So the kids did the tree while I did a complete declutter of the living room and then filled their advent calendars up. House looks very festive now, and the kids are excited but it feels a bit early to me. Never mind... I just need to keep cracking on with the craft stuff as time is ticking on.
    Other than that, it's been the usual. Tutoring, grocery shopping, exercise etc. Now I'm going to catch up here and find out what everyone else is up to.
  • You are doing fab with the no fizzy - I'm with you though on water. I drink sugar free squash rather than water. I find water awful to drink and you have to have some enjoyment in life.

Well done on getting all the school work done and only needing to bring home 4 books.

I don't think it's too early for Xmas - I mean December is this coming week!!
    I love the fact you let the kids decorate the tree - my DH has OCD about the tree so he does it all but DD and me are allowed to pass him the decorations to put on!!
    Not sure how it will be this year as we have our new dog and we are not sure if she has ever seen a tree before. First dog likes to remove baubles etc and chase them round the room so could get interesting!!!

Do all your cats leave the tree alone?
  • Saw your post on NST about DS and his phone and thought I would post on here in case you miss my comment.

Have you thought about an otterbox case? They are more expensive than a normal phone case but it protects phones/tablets really well.
    When my DD first got her kindle a few years ago she had an otterbox case and the kindle survived being dropped on concrete!!
    DH has also had otterbox phone cases and despite dropping his phone never had any damage.

We get ours from Amazon.
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    cat I've seen loads of people with their decs up already. Longer to enjoy the build up hey :)
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Hola :wave:
    I am definitely on the wind down. Work is awful at the moment. I feel like I'm working at a hundred miles an hour and making no headway at all with anything. I'm working during every free I have, plus almost 2 hours after school and still have a to do list as long as my arm.
    I foolishly googled what a bullet journal is and I think it may help me but it has obsessed me a bit. But I am determined to keep work and home separate, so I'm working at work and having time with the kids and dh at home. I think that's fair enough. And I'm enjoying my crafting time and trying not to feel guilty.
    DH is off work this week - he has spent all of today in bed. Says he's not feeling well. I'm not sure what kind of not well, but his mood has been ok recently so I don't think it's that. Maybe some bug. DD was also off school today - she got into school this morning to broken heating and sent straight home. Good job she's sensible enough to be in pretty much on her own all day and at least dh was in the house.
    Picked up ds phone today, all fixed and going again - £50 for that privilege, which will come out of his Christmas money from my dad. Speaking of my dad I need to ring him - it's been way too long.
    We are having a bit of bother with ds sleeping at the moment. He won't sleep on his own because he's scared - he says he can hear noises and it worries him. At the moment he's going to sleep in with me and I carry all 5 stone of him to his bed after he's gone to sleep, then he gets up during the night and dh and I take it in turns to sleep on the sofa while ds gets into bed with the other one. I've tried a few ways around this but its not working so far.
    EE - thanks for the advice re the otterbox, I will look into it. We're reasonably lucky with the Christmas tree. The cats have a little chomp at the branches but that's about it. I have a new tree this year - our house is small and I wanted a pencil tree to take up less space. The ginger cat is most disgruntled because he used to sleep in the bottom branches of our old tree but there's not enough space for him in the new ones. I'm as far from OCD as is possible so I don't care if things are a bit messy or shabby...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure