PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

February 2013 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• mummygems
    mummygems Posts: 359 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    After having a disastrous January with the GC and going over just through buying junk and more junk and not planning February needs to be a very good month for us!

I am going to be planning February meals over the next few days and also a weekly shopping list based on the meal list so each week I can see where I would be best to shop/spend the money lol.

Thank you to all who makes this GC possible.

Can I please be put down for £475 thank you.
    2 adults and 3 children DD (14), DD (12) & DS (10) :smileyhea and 2 mental beagles.
    Paying off debt bit by bit
  • lushlifesaver
    lushlifesaver Posts: 2,375 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 25 January 2013 at 8:56AM
    Hi everyone :wave:

Still on January's budget for a few more days but wanted to jump on over and post a budget for next month :)

Please can I be put down for £120 :) it's a £30 drop from January but I know we can do it - even more so once I have a FT job (2 interviews this week so fingers crossed!)

Going to try for 12 NSDs minimum too!

Right off to make a detailed inventory :T
    Daughter born 26/03/14
    Son born 13/02/21
  • jedi82
    jedi82 Posts: 410 Forumite
    Hello, have been MIA since last year some time and although I have been relatively good, my grocery budget isn't coming down and if I don't come on here I can get away with it :o
    I have decided to keep alcohol seperate this time and budget for £350 in Feb. I should be able to do that and then brng it down by £10 per month. I will update in my sig.

This is for 2 adults and three children.

Thanks, Jedi x
    Finally getting my life on track. Onwards and upwards.
    BSC No 327
    GC Jan £336.91/£450
    GC Feb £0/£400
  • meg72
    meg72 Posts: 5,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    zippychick wrote: »
    Where has the time gone?!!?!?! Thanks to all who help out (past & present) with the GC

good luck for february folks.!!!!

Where indeed,seems to. have gone so fast. I am still on January till the end of the week, but keep an eye on this one so I dont get behind.

I am reminded every month at the absolute wealth of information contained in the index,so many recipes and tips that we should never be stuck for a menu plan.

Grateful thanks to all who help make this thread possible,and good luck to all.
    Slimming World at target
  • Ooh how exciting a new thread!
    I won't be starting til 31st Jan but I would like to pledge £45.00 for FEB
    I still have plenty of my Jan budget left and am pretty sure I'm covered for the essentials except fruit, which is fantastic!
    Am going to stick with 45 though as I had a lot of meat in the freezer for Jan which needs replacing now.

A big thank you to all involved in making the grocery challenge
    Nov Groceries: approx £90
    Dec GC: £31.93/£60 Jan GC: £33.55/£45 Feb GC: £0/£45
    Pot: Dec 195/ Jan 147/ Feb 114/ Mar 43
    Total: 499
  • Hi I'm due to start my February challenge on Thurs but thought I'd pop in and get the ball rolling and check posts now ;) Could I be put down for £290 that's £200 groceries £60 meat from veg people (A&C), £30 salad and fruit from other veg people (Rfd).

I just realised I did the maths wrong in January and under budgeted lol. Still the aim is to get the budget down :)

I am considering pricing up my meals when I meal plan, I have planned up until 10th Feb already so will price them up each day. My thinking is I can then see which are the more expensive meals and have them less often and try and figure out some cheaper meals! Am going to try and do one meatless night, one fish night and maybe one soup night each week.
    Stay at home Mum to DS Oct 2011 and DD Dec 2013
    Grocery Challenge

April 298.08/300.00 NSD 14 May £213.56/£300 NSD 4
  • Thanks Zippy, Bluegreen and Coxy for starting the new thread.

I`ll still be posting on the january thread, but please can you pop me on for
    £400

again, for feb, pretty please.
    I`m still keeping to the same budget for feb and see how I go and then maybe cut it down a little in march.
    Grocery Challenge 2013: July week 1 £90/£87.41 :D
    week 2 £90.00/£118.38:eek: week 3 £90/£60.54:jweek4 £90/£79.90 week5 £45/£00
    End of mortgage april 2030
    Mortgage overpayment from june 2013 aiming for £400 a month: £451
    Emergency fund 2013 from june £70
  • Kitchenbunny
    Kitchenbunny Posts: 2,085 Forumite
    Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 22 January 2013 at 6:01PM
    My annual budget will still be applying for February at £1800 a year. :) I'll post here when January's up!

KB xx
    Trying for daily wins, and a little security in an insecure world.
  • Solstice_3 wrote: »
    I am considering pricing up my meals when I meal plan, I have planned up until 10th Feb already so will price them up each day. My thinking is I can then see which are the more expensive meals and have them less often and try and figure out some cheaper meals! Am going to try and do one meatless night, one fish night and maybe one soup night each week.

This is something I've been thinking about doing too - just to make me aware of how stuff budgets out across the month/s. Oooh might do this after my inventory!
    Daughter born 26/03/14
    Son born 13/02/21
  • zafiro1984
    zafiro1984 Posts: 2,445 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Love the recipes at the front of this thread. I have use quite a few of them last month.

Please put me down for £150.00 this month as I need to order some fish.

Will go and do a monthly meal plan, using as much out of the freezers and store cupboards as I can, so then I know how much I can spend on fish.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure