Asda Complaint

Comments

• LemonGrove
    LemonGrove Posts: 618 Forumite
    I made a complaint to ASDA about the lack of availability of the Coca Cola in one of their cafes, and it was totally useless.

Reply received to original complaint a few days later from [EMAIL="rebecca.calvert@asda.co.uk"]rebecca.calvert@asda.co.uk[/EMAIL] (whole email);

"Thank you for your message.

I'm sorry to hear about the cola not being available when you visited the restaurant. I agree the service you received was not good enough, and I'm sorry we let you down in this way.

I've now forwarded your comments to the general store manager and the restaurant manager at the South Shields store. They will mention this to the restaurant colleagues in their daily meetings to make sure this doesn't happen again.

Thanks again for taking the time to contact me about this. I hope we'll have the chance to restore your faith in us the next time you visit one of our restaurants.

Thanks again for your email.

Kind regards

Beckie Calvert
    ASDA Service Team
    If you need to reply back to this email, please use the following link http://www.aboutasda.
    com/contact-us.asp Could you please quote the reference number which is in the 'subject
    field.' This will help us to deal with your response quickly and efficiently.
    "

Now the reply link in her signature doesn't actually work, so when I told her this, back came the reply (whole email);

"Ok thank you I will correct that"

If that reply isn't proof of a template letter I don't know what is. :rolleyes: Secondly I later went back to the cafe as they wished, and not only was there no Coca Cola, there was no Fanta, Sprite or Diet Coke. I wrote another email telling them of this, and they took it as an FYI as they haven't been kind enough to reply. :T
    Male. :o
  • mrcol1000
    mrcol1000 Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I think most of these complaints show the kind of rubbish that customer services departments have to deal with. What kind of person changes their shopping 60 seconds before the cut off for doing so? If Asda cafe has run out of something then either have something else or buy a drink from the store and sit outside drinking it! I do not blame Asda for using template letters as I would not waste any more time than I have to on these kind things.
  • Abbafan1972
    Abbafan1972 Posts: 6,887 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    I have added extra things before onto my shopping order but if I miss the deadline, I wouldn't dream of complaining, as it's my fault for forgetting it in the first place.

I would just pop down and get it from the shop.
    Striving to clear the mortgage before it finishes in Dec 2028 - amount currently owed - £43,915.98
  • dfh
    dfh Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    mrcol1000 wrote: »
    I think most of these complaints show the kind of rubbish that customer services departments have to deal with. What kind of person changes their shopping 60 seconds before the cut off for doing so? If Asda cafe has run out of something then either have something else or buy a drink from the store and sit outside drinking it! I do not blame Asda for using template letters as I would not waste any more time than I have to on these kind things.

I agree.People these days complain about the most frivolous things.
  • Chrysalis
    Chrysalis Posts: 4,152 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    well regarding the cutoff point, the site was misleading (they have now changed it).

before it said you can only edit your order before 5pm the day before the order is due.
    now it says you must submit your ammended order before 5pm or you will lose your slot.

before they ammended it I assumed in the worst case scenario they would simply just not accept the change in the order rather than cancel the whole thing.

and to someone who cant just go out to a shop its not a frivolous thing.

I will make my own comment, people these days too often accept poor service and assume everyone's life is as simple as their own.
  • Brooker_Dave
    Brooker_Dave Posts: 5,196 Forumite
    if you have sufferred a financial loss, give them 7days written notice to issue a refund andto avoid court action, then carry out the threat. only if enough people do it will they take notice.

Take them to court because your shopping arrived a bit late????
    "Love you Dave Brooker! x"

"i sent a letter headded sales of god act 1979"
  • asda have owed me 85.00 since the 25th of april,its like a weekly thing that i do aswell as my low paid careres job and running my home is phone asda.i have spoken to garys,mikeals,daves,and most recently and comiclly martin.he has promised me my money twice,and that hed ring me back,i feel we are almost in a relationship i almost speak to him more than my partener.
    why arent they chasing me with flowers,vouchers,chocs or at least just my money and a sorry?yes ive e mailed,yes i have written to my local paper and yes i will be conntcting the ombidsman and small claims court but WHY dont they just pay they are a multi million pound huge company that money is a weeks wages to me x:mad:
  • nikki2804
    nikki2804 Posts: 2,670 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Ive only used Asda home delivery once (new baby - more convenient than dragging the poor wee boy round the shops) They left out a full bag of shopping ( i think it was yogurts and such for the other halves work lunches) I contacted their customer services who said they would refund me. They did refund me, actually they refunded me £1.84 more than they should have lol. Happy i got the refund but in the end i still had to take my 3 week old round Asda!! Kinda defeated the whole point of getting it delivered!!
  • Flat_Eric wrote: »
    I complained to Asda recently following a home delivery shop but despite their promises they seem to be ignoring me. Is this typical of Asda ?

I spoke with their home shopping manager at the store on the day of my delivery and she was very helpful but the promised " I will take some money off your shopping" never happened and then when I spoke to her at a later date, once she had got me to say that "I would shop at Asda again", the "I will get some money refunded" turned into "you can have £10 off your next shop".

I have written to the store twice now (well actually 3 times if you count the letter to the store manager) and no response has been received so I am now sending yet another letter.

I just get the impression that because Asda offer such good prices and have so many customers flying through their doors each day that one little person complaining about a few things doesn't matter.....

They must be told to say the same thing, your post is a mirror image of mine.
    In the end i have phoned my local store who promised to phone me back by 1 oclock today....
    I had used service in the past but forgot how bad they were.
    What grinds is when they over charge even though products are still same prices online - even today 2 weeks later Grrrrrr! :mad:
  • placed a order Friday for delivery on Satuday 6-8.00pm , rang up at 9.30pm asking whats happening with my order as it has not arrived and she told me he was running late and i will still recive my order
    never turned up, stayed in all saturday night for nothing, not even a phone call to say whats happen and cant ring anyone to find out.
    have used Asda before and never had this problem :-(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport