B&Q Fitted Bedrooms

I'm currently looking to have my final bedroom fitted with wardrobes from B&Q.

Having worked out a price for the component I'm looking to pay around £840 (book price, not aware of any upcoming sales) for the parts and an additional £200 for fitting from a local joiner who did an excellent job of my kitchen.

The units I'm interested in are the White Shaker ones which I have also installed in the master bedroom.

I am fitting an area 2.53m long from floor to ceiling using three units, two doubles and a single.Can anyone advise on alternate reliable suppliers in this price range? or anyone I could get a better deal from?

Any info would be appreciated.
My farts hospitalize small children :o

Comments

• lwcus78
    lwcus78 Posts: 465 Forumite
    If ordering on internet you'll get 6% cashback via quidco.
  • Phirefly
    Phirefly Posts: 1,605 Forumite
    I would actually recommend them, but don't pay full price:
    Phirefly wrote: »
    B&Q Walnut semi-fitted mirror fronted wardrobes. Entire 3-cabinet system at full price costed at £1200.00. We bought our wardrobes during a 1/3 off all bedroom furniture promotion, on a £15% off everything in store promotion day. We bought a £570 credit note from ebay for £480. Asked friends and family for B&Q vouchers last christmas and got £110 in gift vouchers in total. Total spend on wardrobes £505.00

Puts 6% quidco into perspective...

When we bought them in december last year, the staff had no idea about the product. They were utterly useless in fact. We had to make educated guesses as to what components we'd need for the desired combination.

That said, they look the bees knees and are solid and not bad quality.

If you do go for them, watch out for the following:

The backing panels are very thin board and the first carcass we opened, we missed the panel altogether and it ended up getting mangled up with the cardboard box.

The soft-close hinges are rubbish

Tcanvas drawers on rails are useless, they come off the rails all the time and we're looking to replace them with the solid internal drawers.
  • dreamypuma
    dreamypuma Posts: 1,338 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Phirefly wrote: »
    I would actually recommend them, but don't pay full price:

Puts 6% quidco into perspective...

When we bought them in december last year, the staff had no idea about the product. They were utterly useless in fact. We had to make educated guesses as to what components we'd need for the desired combination.

That said, they look the bees knees and are solid and not bad quality.

If you do go for them, watch out for the following:

The backing panels are very thin board and the first carcass we opened, we missed the panel altogether and it ended up getting mangled up with the cardboard box.

The soft-close hinges are rubbish

Tcanvas drawers on rails are useless, they come off the rails all the time and we're looking to replace them with the solid internal drawers.

I actually have a B&Q bedroom in one of the other rooms. Although it visually looks fine, like yourself, I was a little disappointed by the back panel. I also thought the base of the units were a bit poor too as they sag under weight. This was why I was reluctant to pay the list price.

I've now opted for a Wickes Bedroom as the quality seemed to be much better, and rather than using carcases like B&Q, they work on a frame system like Hammonds (without the price tag). The best bit is that I'm paying the same price as B&Q. It arrives on 7th August so can't wait.
    My farts hospitalize small children :o
  • Phirefly
    Phirefly Posts: 1,605 Forumite
    I shall bear that in mind for any future wardrobe purchases, thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business