PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Comments

• ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Brilliant, mar :T
  • MMF007
    MMF007 Posts: 1,375 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Oh indeed, Monnagran, 'an emergency' requiring chocolate can occur at any time :rotfl:
    I don't eat it every time I am in the car mind you, but it acts as a sort of comfort blanket, just knowing it is in the glove box if I do need it :D

I love the tip from Elona about putting dark sewing on a white fabric, thank you!

Fuddle, are you feeling any better?
    Burtha, how are you doing?
    NM, how are your hips? (Does that sound impertinent taken out of context??)
    I have changed my work-life balance to a life-work balance. :grin:
  • nursemaggie
    nursemaggie Posts: 2,608 Forumite
    MMF007 Getting better but I still have the waddle of someone with arthritic hips. It is never going to get better completely but I managed to get out yesterday and do some shopping.

Time for bed as zebedy said. Good night all.
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,005 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    How can you drive along knowing there's a bar of chocolate calling to you MMF? Sadly I would have to buy a bar every day if that were me!

Hope you're feeling better fuddle.
  • I have the same attitude to chocolate, alcohol and crisps.
    If I feel the need for them then I will have them.
    This means I drink alcohol once every couple of months, I eat crisps about twice a year and I would eat chocolate all day every day if I could afford it!
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Hi all - back from Hollibobs on Sunday so will spend this week catching up with all you lot have been up to.
    Hugs to all who may need one x
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • babs_103
    babs_103 Posts: 156 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Hi all, money sorted out now, I'm not behind with anything just wanted to have an accurate amount I can spend on food. Will try a delivery every fortnight and get fresh as and when. A few bits indoors sorted but DH is v unwell at the moment, we had a bad night and I had to cancel his COPD checkup today so will spend the day pottering about while he is asleep and try to stay away from the chocolate orange - yes like that will happen!! Hope everyone has a good day x
    Quot Libros, Quam Breve Tempus

Illegitimi non carborundum

GNU Terry Pratchett

• ivyleaf
    OH bought me 2 nice jumpers in M & S yesterday, and then we went across to the food dept. When we got home we realised we didn't have the jumpers, which had been in a carrier bag OH had hung from the hook on the trolley. We went straight back, but no sign of them, and I asked again this morning but no luck, so somebody's obviously had them away! I can only hope they needed them more than me. And at least they weren't cashmere, so it could be worse :)
  • Oh how annoying Ivyleaf.
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • ivyleaf
    It is, but can't be helped. I might buy them again online, as i still have a voucher DD2 gave me for Mother's Day which I keep forgetting to use, so i could put that towards them :)

silvasava i hope you had a great holiday :D

monnagran I do enjoy your "Thoughts for the day"! Thank you.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback