New Halifax Overdraft Charges

Comments

• wizzywig27
    wizzywig27 Posts: 1,536 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Yeah it's still.not great - means my outgoings are still going up despite a 50% reduction, what does that say!

Anyway I won't get this until October when I call back. Apparently there are letters going out nearer the time inviting customers to call them to discuss their options.

Anyway I am looking at either options bit in the meantime it's with the GPS who contacted me today to ask for the final letter from Halifax
  • Skoobz
    Skoobz Posts: 6 Forumite
    Good to know, thanks. I'm in the orange triangle club as well, but my overdraft is £1000. Hopefully will be able to get it down to a reasonable level if they offer me the same deal.
  • hi can some one post the number on here for me to try and get a reduction as i have a lost the letter
  • phil90210 wrote: »
    hi can some one post the number on here for me to try and get a reduction as i have a lost the letter

Hi

It's 03456003603. Best of luck.
  • Hi

It's 03456003603. Best of luck.

You had any luck so far?
  • You had any luck so far?
    Hi redditrabbit - no - Halifax told me to phone them back in October when they could discuss what they would do.

Just looked at my statement - £45 charge this month on the previous charges so I hope I can sort something out - I am looking into a credit union loan next month as well - to shift the overdraft to if I can but I'm not finding credit easy to get at the moment.
  • Ok so I have worked out my overdraft charges each month are going to be £106! I have managed to obtain a credit card with a money transfer interest rate of 19.7% so if I use the money transfer to pay off the overdraft can someone tell me how much the interest will be each month on a balance of £2400?

I cant get a loan unfortunately

Thanks in advance
  • hilbil21 wrote: »
    Ok so I have worked out my overdraft charges each month are going to be £106! I have managed to obtain a credit card with a money transfer interest rate of 19.7% so if I use the money transfer to pay off the overdraft can someone tell me how much the interest will be each month on a balance of £2400?

I cant get a loan unfortunately

Thanks in advance
    Roughly £40 a month which will reduce as your balance reduces.
  • Thank you I thought so. I will be doing that then! These new overdraft charges are disgusting.
  • Luckily I have just been accepted for HSBC switching offer (£200 payment for switching) and 0% overdraft £1000 for 6 months. I am using a 'switching' account so keeping the Halifax acct for now but will be able to reduce my overdraft to £1000 by October. :)

I had a reasonable pay rise (new job) this month too so will get it down to around £800 or just over. Sheer good timing otherwise I would have been calling Halifax. Not sure what to do about the account long term but they've forced me to nearly quit and run!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure