Declined everywhere I go

Hi guys, I am severly depressed as I cannot get a frickin bank account anywhere. I was a victim of fraud which took place on my bank account a year ago and now I feel like im drowning in a dark hole.

I am working on getting my name removed from CIFAS but it just seems a very long and stubborn proccess.

Every high street bank dont allow me to even open the simplest of accounts. And the bad news is I tried to open a cashplus prepaid account just to get my wages sent in and even they denied me. I am depressed and frustrated and feel like I have no meaning anymore.

What do I do?

Comments

• EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Ahmsbelkz wrote: »
    What do I do?

Follow the advice given to you on the other thread you started. You need to get to the bottom of what this 'fraud' is. If you are a pure victim then you shouldn't be treated the way you have been.
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
  • JuicyJesus
    JuicyJesus Posts: 3,829
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    If you have a CIFAS loading I'm not sure how you were the "victim" of fraud - if you were the victim, you wouldn't have issues opening an account, just maybe some delays while the bank does some further checks.

What are the actual circumstances surrounding this?
    urs sinserly,
    ~~joosy jeezus~~
  • Robin9
    Robin9 Posts: 12,055
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Further to your earlier post - you should really have dug your heels in when you allowed (as per your other thread) Nationwide to close your account for a "fraud" that was nothing to do with you.
    Never pay on an estimated bill
  • Ed-1
    Ed-1 Posts: 3,867
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    JuicyJesus wrote: »
    If you have a CIFAS loading I'm not sure how you were the "victim" of fraud - if you were the victim, you wouldn't have issues opening an account, just maybe some delays while the bank does some further checks.

What are the actual circumstances surrounding this?

It seems if there is fraud on an account, banks will automatically register a category 6 first party fraud loading with CIFAS regardless.

It's then up to the customer to complain and get them to overturn the decision to a victim of fraud category.
  • I followed up and I am waiting on the report.

The situation is I was a victim of it but the bank (nationwide) doesnt know that. So for that reason I have a flag on my name and get declined everywhere. Someone tried to commit a fraudlent act on my account with some transfer bs or such. But they thought it was me. I am only 20 and feel like my life has ended, i cant even get paid from work, sometimes i feel like i dont want to wake up anymore.
  • I am waiting on the report. Even when I complain to CIFAS and get it over turned they dont even have a phone number! I have to email them and wait a week for a reply. I feel hopeless.
  • Another thing is that I have no way of getting money electronically. What do i do????
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 30,391
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    I am severly depressed

[...]

I feel like im drowning in a dark hole.

[...]

I am depressed and frustrated and feel like I have no meaning anymore.
    I am only 20 and feel like my life has ended, i cant even get paid from work, sometimes i feel like i dont want to wake up anymore.
    I feel hopeless.
    By now you should understand that this is a finance-oriented website that's geared up to guidance and recommendations about what to do with money, etc, but when all is said and done it's just a bunch of (mostly!) well-meaning but completely anonymous random strangers on the internet.

You need to talk to real-life family, friends, colleagues, maybe even doctor or employer or other social-type agencies about your emotional feelings if you're genuinely in as bad a place as your posts suggest, since if you are then you need way more support than this place can offer....
  • How do i get paid....

How do i pay my bills...

Direct debit.....

Car insurance.....

Im so screwed its unreal. CIFAS Havent replied to me and its been 4 fricking days. What kind of proccess is this.....
  • Ed-1
    Ed-1 Posts: 3,867
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    How do i get paid....

How do i pay my bills...

Direct debit.....

Car insurance.....

Im so screwed its unreal. CIFAS Havent replied to me and its been 4 fricking days. What kind of proccess is this.....

You need to calm down, see what the CIFAS SAR has on it when you receive it through the post and then follow the process of complaining with Nationwide. When did you send off for it? You should get a response within a few working days although technically they have 40 days to respond.

If you are genuinely innocent, the CIFAS loading will be corrected/removed. It's just a matter of time and patience (and possibly compensation too...).

Once you're armed with the CIFAS information you've pinpointed the problem and can then kick up a fuss with Nationwide.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure