Warning re 24/7 Home Rescue

Comments

• p00
    p00 Posts: 824 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I feel this company is a complete ripoff.

Joined 26th January.

Today I had to book a callout which was declined as i had to prove the boiler had been serviced in the last 12 months. I assumed this was the 12 months prior to going with 24/7. But no its within 12 months to the call out date. When I said well Ive been waiting for you to come out and do your initial service I was told that they dont do the 'free' service until between month 8 and 12.

This in all likelyhood means that your previous service ownt fall within the 12 month period when you need them.

I was charged £75 for the engineer to come out then 24/7 rang me to tell me I could book a service for £60 which then reduces the monthly payments - so in effect it is included in a round about way. This simply means you are covered for the next 12 months BUT it also means that they get £60 up front at the start of the policy.

As far as I know all other companies start your cover from about 7 to 14 days after signing up and then soon after come out to check your boiler/service. ALL companies Ive been with have done this.

I might as well have gone with someone with the excess charge as its cost me £75 anyway and Im not even certain that covers the parts. Waiting for a phone call from them.

I cant comment on long time customer care. The lady I spoke to was very nice.

But it appears that this company is not what it seems. No doubt somewhere in the small print its hidden. For the average person this 12 month since your last service thing is a bit vague.

The engineer that came out lives down the road from me and subcontracts. Not that I mind subcontractors at all but he said he received a call from them asking if he could call at mine since its close to where he lives. Lovely lad.

I simply dont trust this company now. Obviously if I dont pay for the service now and the boiler breaks down itll cost me another £75. A good ploy by them not doing their own service until your cover is nearly over.

I wont be renewing with them anyway:mad:
  • p00
    p00 Posts: 824 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    UPDATE

Well I received the phone call. £245 plus the £75 for the engineer.

Ideal themselves will be coming out and if paid before 4.30pm its guaranteed no later than Saturday.

Call from Ideal boilers. CANT COME OUT UNTIL MONDAY.

Rang 24/7 and they said they have no control over Ideals engineers timescales. Lying B*******S.

Ive asked for a copy of the engineers reports so I can check Ideal do all the things on the report and stay the required time I have been charged for. Namely 4hrs labour.

Never again with these and Ill ring trading standards tomorrow.

AVOID
  • I cannot believe how bad this company is. I called to make a claim after opening an account with 24/7 3 months ago.

(I had received no contract from the company and forgot to chase this.) busy busy!!

When telephoning to make a claim I had to wait while the adviser added my details to see if i was covered for dropping pressure to my boiler. I was told NO!!. i asked why, I was told it stated this in my contract. i explained I had not received a contract, to be told it was send to a different email address. funny that the direct debit was in the correct name!!!: :rotfl:
    I asked to speak to a manager, i was told he would call in 24-48 hours. after getting no where at all, I ended the call through frustration and the adviser was not helpful at all.

I logged on to my account with the reference number I had now been given to check the cover. ''surprise surprise'' no mention of not been covered. one comment only in exclusions ''any outstanding repairs need to be dealt with before entering in to contract''...
    I called back to be put through to a charmless rude adviser called Chantelle who would not let me get a word in at all. :mad::mad: when I finally told her my contract said nothing about not been covered, answer she interrupted and asked me when the problem occurred I said a week ago, she quickly said I was not covered as it clearly says it has to be reported in 24 hours. it doesn't on the online contract I now have access to :mad: I again tried to speak stating I have not had a contract sent to me she then said is your email address ************ I said yes she then said its been sent to you. I replied why did your colleague say its been sent to a different address? every time I gave an answer she changed to something different, and continued to talk me down.. I asked again to speak to a manager and was told he would tell me the same.
    I said what am I paying for, as it appears to be nothing. I am going to report the company to ombudsman. she was not phased, and continued to be rude and complaisant. :mad::mad:

Where is the imaginary contract that I should have. I have never made a claim for any insurance, so cannot believe i have been treated this way. I would laugh if I wasn't so upset. this must be fraud, and I truly believe that any good reviews are action-ed with in the company.
    This is the first bad review of any kind I have posted. I feel totally betrayed by these cowboys.

What can I do?
  • B_M
    B_M Posts: 714 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 11 September 2018 at 1:58PM
    boswick wrote: »
    I am going to report the company to ombudsman. she was not phased, and continued to be rude and complaisant. :mad::mad:

What can I do?

An Ombudsman? Sadly, they appear to be unregulated, or self-regulated. Yes, they will laugh in your face and even taunt you.
    Stick to insurance backed schemes as at least they are regulated.

Trading Standards are on their case, so maybe give them a call. {Text removed by MSE Forum Team}
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
  • boswick
    boswick Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 11 September 2018 at 1:55PM
    Thank you for your advise, it is much appreciated... I also put a review on trust pilot, I had a email saying 24/7 had made a complaint about my wording and was asked to edit the review. I did take the words {text removed by MSE Forum Team}, {text removed by MSE Forum Team} and they write their own positive reviews out of the review. I then had a response from 24/7 basically saying adviser was correct as not covered as didn't report fault in 24 hours, nothing about the terrible customer service. I hope they lose business, they need to be stopped from trading
  • B_M
    B_M Posts: 714 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 11 September 2018 at 1:50PM
    boswick - good luck, {text removed by MSE Forum Team} they are virtually untouchable. Good at what they do {text removed by MSE Forum Team}, {text removed by MSE Forum Team}
    They've been manipulating Trustpilot for years and possibly how they keep trading. See how many single reviews there are. Customers that have only reviewed 247, yet no other company, ever. Genuine complaints do get removed, from them (247).
    But, take Trustpilot reviews as a pinch of salt and they are as bad, if not worse than Tripdvisor etc.
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
  • _Anna_
    _Anna_ Posts: 36 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Hi,
    I've had very bad experience with 24/7 Home Service (very similar to what others wrote above): not happy with work of their plumber - sent a complaint - they have never replied - sent another complaint to their postal address - they have never replied - wrote a review on Trustpilot - they reported it ("Reviewer does not comment on the buying experience" - yes, I did not comment on my buying experience, I did comment on how they deal with complaints). I am wondering what else I can do? Some people mentioned Trading Standards. Is it an organisation I need to report them? Have Trading Standards helped to someone here?
  • linzen
    linzen Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 11 September 2018 at 1:53PM
    This has happened to me. I will also be complaining to Watchdog. It is false advertising. I BOUGHT THE PREMIUM INSURANCE FOR MY BOILER.
    They state no hidden costs, and yet if there is a problem, they say that I should have read the small print.... where is says that that problem is not covered, because we have heating and hot water (it is a leak in the boiler) and it is not an emergency and then attempted to charge me 85 plus vat, which I actually bargained down to 60 inclusive. Then they turn up, say they can't fix it.... and leave me hanging not knowing if they are going to attempt to charge me more to fix it...
    Apart from one person, and I spoke to many including one of the supervisors, were rude and unhelpful. {Text removed by MSE Forum Team}
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 18 October 2018 at 9:20AM
    {Quote removed by MSE Forum Team}

Duplicate posting.
    Where is it written they encourage people to post positive comments on here?
    What possible incentive could there be :rotfl:
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 18 October 2018 at 9:20AM
    {Quote removed by MSE Forum Team}

So which two sites did the on here/ trustpilot comment refer to ?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback