Toilet water bill?

2»

Comments

• zaax
    zaax Posts: 1,910 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    you need to fix it as a quite a small flow will up add up.
    Do you want your money back, and a bit more, search for 'money claim online' - They don't like it up 'em Captain Mainwaring
  • London50
    London50 Posts: 1,850 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Yes give that a try, as for the screw valve it could be either way so turn it first one way, flush the toilet then see if it starts to fill if so turn the other way.
    Another quick thing to try first is flush the toilet, when the water starts to refill the cistern pull the ball valve up by hand until the water stops, if the float comes above the overflow outlet by more than 2/3rd of the float before the water stops then the problem is the seating washer inside the valve so would need replacing :0)
  • MattE9
    MattE9 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Get a plumber to fix it!
  • Nooglienoo
    Nooglienoo Posts: 26 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    You can actually contact your water company and they can do a leak reduction or something along those lines I do believe? Not sure of the details of it but I know my parents had to do it after a leak ran them up a HUGE bill.
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Smb3088 wrote: »
    I have a faulty toilet valve causing problems with water rising in my cistern then overfilling and trickling out into the overflow and into the pan...how significantly is the water bill impacted. #worrier

Not at all if you are an un-metered customer.

If you are metered, you'll know you pay for every drop, so every drop down the drain is literally money down the drain.

Get it sorted.
    Even if you are un-metered. Water is a valuable resource. Do not waste it.

F7517.png
  • Hey guys, I have a similar problem and I was thinking of replacing my old toilet possibly next week. I've been searching for forums and blogs about choosing a water-saving toilet and I'm still having second thoughts about the TOTO toilet that I usually see on suggestions. Do you guys think that it's really cost-efficient? I no longer want to spend so much money on my water bill just because of our toilet that makes my bill high every month. Any recommendations? Kindly suggest similar reviews like this one: jenreviews.com/best-toilet if you have other suggested toilets. I badly need help deciding which brand I should choose until weekend. Hope you guys can help me with this. Thanks in advance!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure